Piano Forum logo
February 23, 2018, 08:16:09 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Travel in Time and Meet Sergei Rachmaninoff

In Piano Street’s recent interview with Valentina Lisitsa she told us about the blind test her teacher gave the piano class at the music school in her youth. Three recordings were presented; Richter, Rubinstein and Rachmaninoff. Who was hammering out loud and who was the gentle, delicate player? Here we can hear Rachmaninoff play his own G minor Prelude op 23 no 5. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun test  (Read 250 times)
outin
PS Silver Member

« on: August 26, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »

Finally I get to check my music taste online:
http://ofo.no/en/guide

I could not give full score to anything, but seems my favorite kind of orchestral music would be:

Sergei Prokofiev: Violin Concerto No. 1 (3rd movement)
Ralph Vaughan Williams: Sinfonia Antarctica (3rd movement)
Edward Elgar: Cello Concerto (1st movement)
Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 15 (2nd movement)

I think I prefer piano music though...
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Pieces under work now: Franck op 18, Bach Sinfonia nr 9 and P&F a minor book 2.
Wait...no Scarlatti? Must add something soon...
ted
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »

I gave four to Dvorak, Strauss and Brahms on the basis of melody, harmony and mood. All the others I gave one or two and I didn't hear much rhythm in any of them. The result is accurate only in the sense that it tells me my taste is probably eccentric, which I already know. Thanks for the link though.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"When I was young they said, 'Ah, wait until you are old, then you'll see.' Well, now I am old, and I have seen nothing." - Erik Satie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: