Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2017, 02:40:35 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Grigori Sokolov Live at Théâtre des Champs-Élysées

Film maker Bruno Monsaingeon suggests that with Michelangeli, Gould, and Richter no longer alive, Grigory Sokolov may be the “greatest living pianist.” Listen to the piano recital Sokolov gave at the Theatre des Champs-Elysées in Paris. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun test  (Read 175 times)
outin
PS Silver Member

« on: August 26, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »

Finally I get to check my music taste online:
http://ofo.no/en/guide

I could not give full score to anything, but seems my favorite kind of orchestral music would be:

Sergei Prokofiev: Violin Concerto No. 1 (3rd movement)
Ralph Vaughan Williams: Sinfonia Antarctica (3rd movement)
Edward Elgar: Cello Concerto (1st movement)
Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 15 (2nd movement)

I think I prefer piano music though...
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

My summer projects: Scarlatti K87, K466, K109, Scriabin op74 preludes, Chopin Waltz 69-2 and Berceuse. And just exploring more music...
ted
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »

I gave four to Dvorak, Strauss and Brahms on the basis of melody, harmony and mood. All the others I gave one or two and I didn't hear much rhythm in any of them. The result is accurate only in the sense that it tells me my taste is probably eccentric, which I already know. Thanks for the link though.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"It's a caution, grandson !"  -  My grandmother's reaction to almost any issue of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: