Piano Forum logo
November 25, 2017, 11:31:41 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

5 Minutes on Franz Liszt’s Funérailles

Pianist Daniel Barenboim, now celebrating 75 years, has published a series of short videos titled “5 minutes on…” in which he discusses well-known piano pieces. In this episode he talks about Franz Liszt’s Funérailles from the piano cycle Harmonies Poétiques et Religieuses. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Argerich  (Read 113 times)
immisk
PS Gold Member

« on: October 18, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »

Martha Argerich is performing with the Santa Cecilia Orchestra at the Kennedy Center in DC next Wednesday, Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3. Also being performed are the Fountains and Pines of Rome & parts of Aida.

Is anyone going to the performance? Have you seen Martha Argerich perform before?

I'm really excited to see one of my favorite pianists live for the first time. She really inspired me when I was younger to continue playing piano, along with Claudio Arrau. It helped to have two strong South American pianists to identify with.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Liszt or Bust
beethovenfan01
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 05:19:10 AM »

Speaking of South American pianists, have you ever heard of Alexandre Dossin?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Auditioning to U of O school of music:
Bach WTC Bk 1 No. 10
Beethoven Op. 81a (I.)
Rachmaninoff Op. 32 No. 10
Future:
Liszt Wilde Jagd, Dante, HR 6
Chopin Ballade 3
Beethoven Op. 57
Prokofiev
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: