Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Edvard Grieg: Vanished Days  (Read 1774 times)

Offline scrabblekid

Edvard Grieg: Vanished Days
on: October 16, 2018, 01:50:28 PM
I wanted to share this recent performance of Edvard Grieg’s “Vanished Days.” Grieg is one of my favorite composers. This isn't flashy, but it is a beautiful and nostalgic piece about both the comfort of old age and reminiscences about childhood.

I'm playing here at a judged recital but will be doing this a few more times this Fall at competitions. Any feedback welcome!

&feature=youtu.be

Offline tnan123

Re: Edvard Grieg: Vanished Days
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 05:10:55 PM
Great job on this piece! I found that it felt a bit rushed during the andantino sections. I would have liked to see more contrast to the allegro vivace. That's just my taste though. Lastly, maybe its the recording, but just a bit less pedal could help too.

Other than that you really did well with good dynamics. You did very well voicing the piece overall especially in bringing out the octaves in the left hand when your right hand is doing the constant triplets! Hope that helps and good luck with your fall competitions.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert