Piano Forum

Topic: Heroic Polonaise Op.53  (Read 1745 times)

Offline tonytwo

Heroic Polonaise Op.53
on: February 24, 2019, 04:06:10 AM
Hey guys here's the video link of my playing:

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Re: Heroic Polonaise Op.53
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:58 PM
I listened to this a couple months ago.  Here is what I remember:  It looks like you made some nice improvements on dynamics, etc from your original performance.  Well done live performance.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline timtim

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:03:15 PM
Actually this is very far from what Polonaise is. Try to dance what you play. In third bar you will brake your legs. Besides lots of weird ideas. In Chopin is extremely to go over that thin borderline between sounding exceptional and original (see Francois, Horowitz, etc) versus wird with strange conceptions.

I literally have hard time to breath while listening to it.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 03:38:12 AM
Chopin:
On the whole, I liked it.  There were some good ideas in there on how you decided to shape the music. If there is anything to work on it would by the lyrical section (5:17), as I felt you could have worked more with longer lines.  At times I was unsure of what direction you wanted to take the phrase.

Don't agree with the comment above, as I've heard very eccentric Chopin interpretations, and this is not one of them. 

Variations:
My suggestion is to work on integrating the episodes more with the thematic variations.  Try to make the variations proper and the transitional episodes between them flow into one another more.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert