Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Preparation for Fantasia in C-minor and k.331  (Read 903 times)

Offline zengap

• PS Silver Member
Preparation for Fantasia in C-minor and k.331
on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:08 AM
Hello all!  :)

I need help with suggestions of pieces to learn before learning Bach's Fantasia in c minor bwv 906 and Mozart's k. 331 Andante grazioso. At the moment I'm learning C.Ph.E Bach's Solo per il cembalo and Chopin's Minute Walz  and think the jump straight to the Bach and Mozart pieces is too big. Could you give suggestions which pieces would be good to learn in order to prepare for the Fantasia and the Mozart piece?

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Re: Preparation for Fantasia in C-minor and k.331
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:03:28 AM
Have you played any Bach before, J S that is? I think would be a good thing to have a couple of preludes and fugues under your belt before the fantasia. And/or a French Suite perhaps?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert