Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Beethoven Moonlight Sonata 3rd Mvt, but it's Still Dre  (Read 2343 times)

Offline williamhu

• PS Silver Member
Hi, title says it all :) Left hand arpeggios anyone?

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
That's fun, and looks like you had fun playing this intermezzo.  Those certainly are some LH arpeggios, indeed.

What's the significance of the title, though?
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
I'm sorry... but I am one of those proud people who have never to this day ever played that Dr. Dre piece... so much so, I don't even know the title of what you were playing in the RH.

I'm also one of those proud people who would NEVER bastardise the great music of Beethoven by playing something as cheesy and awful as that.

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Seth Everman's original Still Dre skit on YouTube is cool, you should watch it. All of the imitators are cringe.

Nice LH arpeggios though.

Offline williamhu

• PS Silver Member
What's the significance of the title, though?
Still Dre is a track by Dr. Dre with a piano ostinato that’s attained ‘internet icon’ status, it’s what starts happening in the right hand after the opening bars :)

I'm sorry... but I am one of those proud people who have never to this day ever played that Dr. Dre piece... so much so, I don't even know the title of what you were playing in the RH.

I'm also one of those proud people who would NEVER bastardise the great music of Beethoven by playing something as cheesy and awful as that.
Sorry to have offended your sensibilities! Thanks for disliking all of my videos, though, I appreciate the effort.

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Personally I think this kind of stuff is fun! Looking forward to see what else you come up with. Can you combine Beethoven with Justin Bieber, just to really offend the purists?  ;D

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Thanks for disliking all of my videos, though, I appreciate the effort.

Excuse me? I'm not that petty. I did put a dislike on the Dr Dre video, but I haven't bothered looking up your other videos.

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
i like yhour mashup even though i don't know the song.
maybe you will enjoy this video

&t=1s
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert