Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? Ė Prokofievís Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Help! I'm struggling to find a summer music program!  (Read 1176 times)

Offline chopinonions

• PS Silver Member
Help! I'm struggling to find a summer music program!
on: February 07, 2022, 06:07:05 PM
I am currently struggling to find a music program that is around my skill level. I have 13 years of experience in classical music (solo, no chamber). Currently my completed repertoire is Mozart 545 sonata in C Major, Chopin Nocturne in C# minor (posthumous) and Nocturne in Eb Major (9/2), and Bach 2-part invention in F Major. Sadly, these pieces are pretty under my skill level. Currently working on Rachmaninov 3/2, Chopin's 27/2, and Bach D minor Prelude and Fugue (Book 1 WTC). I might be able to complete the Rachmaninov soon (like 3-4 days of practice) but the other two are not that close to completion. I haven't completed any major works or any etudes. I applied to BUTI, Oberlin, and Eastern Music Festival and was rejected by Oberlin; haven't heard back from the others but expecting disappointment. Any advice on places to apply, or even pieces to speedrun to make my list look less pathetic?