Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Piano vst, really interesting.  (Read 545 times)

Offline helen larke

• PS Silver Member
Piano vst, really interesting.
on: June 27, 2022, 04:47:08 PM
Vsl bosendorfer vst is really incredible, this video is really interesting and explains and demo it really well, I’m thinking of buying one of theirs. 

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano vst, really interesting.
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 10:27:51 AM
No offense, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular... it still has a plastic sound to it unfortunately.

Not that my Kontakt Grandeur is any better, but I wasn't impressed.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano vst, really interesting.
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 11:38:45 PM
Interesting.
Sometimes people listen on their phone or on laptop speakers.
My computer has USB out to an M-Audio Fasttrack Pro, and from their to an Onkyo stereo feeding RTi speakers. 
I thought the VST sounded good but sort of processed.  I've never played a Bosendorfer but I listened to this youtube video (skip the first 3 minutes of chatter to where he plays) and it didn't sound quite the same to me.  But who knows, at 70 my tinnitus is pretty loud too.

Tim

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert