Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: [Request]How to find the chords of this song(no sheets available)  (Read 206 times)

Offline sonofhonor

• PS Silver Member
Hello there, so i am an amateur at piano playing, meaning that every now and then when i find a song that i like i jump into yt and try to find some synthesia video so i can play it myself at my yamaha. i barely know music theory and scales, and my ear is not so trained to recocnize simple chords so i came here to see if you can help me with this one. this song on yt from what i can tell has some simple chords and it loops around on the mentioned. i tried to play it but i just cant get the right ones. this is the song:

is a slow song but i really like it, so yea basically that, i hope this request doesnt get deleted or ghosted lol. cheers

Offline themeandvariation

• PS Silver Member
Re: [Request]How to find the chords of this song(no sheets available)
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 05:06:45 PM
Sounds like a D major chord (D F# A) with the ninth (E) thrown in every now and again. This chord for most of the verse until it plays F# minor (F# A C#) at the verse’s end.
You can move (wiggle) around on the chord (s) in slow rhythmical utterances every now and again to create ambient mood.
Good luck.
4'33"

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert