Piano Forum

The ABRSM 2025 & 2026 – Expanding the Musical Horizon
The highly anticipated biennial releases of the ABRSM’s new syllabus publications are a significant event in the world of piano education, regardless of whether one chooses to participate in or teach the graded exams. Read more >>

Topic: What's your favorite 'Fantaisie Impromptu' rendition?  (Read 851 times)

Offline rodrigow_

• PS Silver Member
  Hello, I'm in the process of polishing Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu and have been listening to a lot of different pianists recordings to help me develop my interpretation and rubato. With that said, I would like to ask everyone the following: what is your favorite Fantaisie Impromptu rendition?

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's your favorite 'Fantaisie Impromptu' rendition?
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 01:20:20 AM
Can't pick a favorite, but you can always learn something from going back to the old masters, listen to pianists such as Rubinstein, Cortot, Horowitz in addition to modern players.

Offline rodrigow_

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's your favorite 'Fantaisie Impromptu' rendition?
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 01:37:56 AM
Can't pick a favorite, but you can always learn something from going back to the old masters, listen to pianists such as Rubinstein, Cortot, Horowitz in addition to modern players.

Thank you, I had never listened Horowitz interpretation and, I need to say, it's definitely unique - of course, in a good way!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert