Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Inter-practice pieces  (Read 841 times)

Offline bradderz

• PS Silver Member
Inter-practice pieces
on: August 30, 2023, 04:18:45 PM
I am currently completing my grade 7 (ABRSM) in roughly two weeks. I have been practicing consistently 5-10 hours a day, which some consider too much but I enjoy it so its fine; at least, that's not the debate for today.
I am of a higher standard than the above however, with pieces such as moonlight sonata 3rd mvt, ballade no1 in Gminor etc in my repertoire.

I am looking for some pieces which are fun to play, and easy, which I can sight read or uncommittedly learn between more serious pieces. I have been filling this time with exercises, but Hanon gets a bit boring the third time round in a day. maybe looking at grade 5/6? I preferably don't want something really famous but that's not a rule. \_(*-*)_/

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: Inter-practice pieces
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 11:53:42 AM
I love the Burgmuller etudes Op. 100. Some really charming pieces in there, and not too difficult. They might be exactly up your alley.

Offline bradderz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Inter-practice pieces
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 03:27:31 PM
Thanks for this! They are exactly the sort of difficulty I was aiming for!
Any other suggestions, just out of interest?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert