Piano Forum

Master Teacher Christopher Elton – Never Ending Impetus
With 50 years at the Royal Academy of Music and an international teaching career, Professor Christopher Elton has gained unique experience in how to coach accomplished artists. In this unique interview for Piano Street, Elton shares his insights and views on the big perspective. Read more >>

Topic: Ravel Piano Concerto (G mjr) orchestra part  (Read 605 times)

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Ravel Piano Concerto (G mjr) orchestra part
on: January 04, 2024, 07:34:04 PM
I played the first movement years ago as an undergrad and I'd love to brush this up and have a go at the other two movements but feel there's not much point as 1) I'm not realistically ever going to play this with an orchestra, and 2) there's no Music Minus One edition (which I have for other concertos).

I can't be the only pianist in this kind of position when it comes to concertos and just wondered what others do? Do you hire an accompanist to play the piano reduction, do you learn and record the reduction yourself, do you create the orchestral part digitally? Any ideas/stories would be appreciated  :)

Offline pianistavt

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ravel Piano Concerto (G mjr) orchestra part
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 01:06:10 PM
Vyacheslsav Gryaznov has developed some software for this, he calls it his g-phil project:

https://gryaznoff.com/
https://g-phil.app/

I don't see Ravel's concerto listed but you could contact him and see if it is on the list.  I'm sure some financial support would be influential...

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ravel Piano Concerto (G mjr) orchestra part
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 04:57:58 PM
Thank you for the link, the Ravel is in the queue and it looks like there's a voting system. So if I start working on it then hopefully it will be there by the time I'm done!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert