Piano Forum

Leif Ove Andsnes - Beethoven takes you by the hand
There are apparently some pianists who, despite the anniversary, are not devoting them exclusively to Beethoven this year. Anyway, with his Beethoven Journey project, Leif Ove Andsnes has already done his bit, making one of the most beautiful recordings of the piano concertos. For Andsnes, Mozart is currently uppermost on the agenda, even if there is also plenty of Beethoven being played at his festival too. Time for another conversation with the Norwegian master pianist. Read more >>

Topic: Shepherd School of Music  (Read 1615 times)

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Shepherd School of Music
on: May 06, 2003, 07:43:08 PM
Has anyone heard about Shepherd School of Music? It is the only conservatory around here. I am thinking about attending and was just wondering what everyone thought about it? Also, the requirements are to play a concerto or ensemble piece with the orchestra. How does one practice this without having an orchestra at their disposal?

BoliverAllmon

Offline MzrtMusic

• PS Silver Member
Re: Shepherd School of Music
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 11:38:51 PM
Have you ever heard of the publishing company Music Minus One? They publish works for solo instrument and orchestra. The really cool thing is, the scores come with a CD that has the piece, and the orchestral parts. That way, you can learn the concerto, and then practice it with the orchestra soundtrack. Not quite the same as a live performance, but in a pinch, it will work!

Love,

Sarah
My heart is full of many things...there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all.
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert