Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Mess Around with Georgia  (Read 3382 times)

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Mess Around with Georgia
on: July 06, 2005, 02:32:09 PM
2 Ray Charles songs im working on

Mess Around is the first and its boogie woogie, I dont have the opening locked down yet but im working on it.... its hard with the walking bass line

the second is Georgia On My Mind :) it sounds really cool when I add synthetic strings but ive just played the piano on this

enjoy

- Silva

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mess Around with Georgia
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 09:42:53 AM
I found these very attractive, Silva. Parts of the second one, for some reason, brought Mary Lou Williams to mind, for example in her "Mama Pin a Rose on Me". An economy of notes is often much more effective in this type of playing than a poultice of fancy finger work, which can sometimes be an excuse for not thinking. Please let us hear more.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 11:39:00 AM
thanks  ;D

Im currently working on the rest of the song...... shouldnt be too long till I got it all..... Ill post it up when ive finished

- Silva

Offline doctop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 01:34:29 AM
keep play "Ray"  silvaone...... He had more heart than all of us put together... If you are inspirered by Ray.......   U got something most don't ...... I'll try and put a Ray collage together for you to listen to.....

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 03:13:25 AM
Silva is the only cat here..amongst 7000 registered users..and i bet more than 1,000 who are active regularly...that really holds it down with these rhythms and blues..and the ray charles...and the sad thing is..not even 1% of the people here really give it up to him...whats bad is getting bashed about your music..whats even worse is when people dont even acknowledge it....

its really easy to see the technicallity in a chopin etude or rach concerto...or dive within the emotions of beethoven or brahms...really easy to appreciate the crystal clearness of mozart...or easy to rack up classical "respectable" pieces for ones repertoire...

but its one thing to really get down to this kinda music..because it isnt learned..or taught..you cant study it..you cant get a guide on it...there is no grading system for this....

with the lack of boundaries with this music..its easy to excuse it...its hard to really grasp hold of an entity when objectivity isnt at ones reach.....in all senserity..the majority of the people on this forum need to loosen up their ties or unbutton the top notch on their blouse...take their shoes and hats off..grab a drink..soda..liquor or choice..or just a glass of water..whatever..lean back in your seat like no one is watching and just enjoy..it will fulfill you in a way that not even the most virtuosic piece can bestow you with....

cheers humans
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 10:32:16 AM
thanks husky and doctop

doctop, if you like the raycharles recordings check this thread https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,10592.0.html

no one has replied to it yet

its just 3 more of his songs im working on

take care

- Silva

Offline goansongo

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 10:35:09 AM
Really great job.  Where'd you get the score?

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 12:51:11 PM
I get all my ray charles digital sheet music from www.sheetmusicdirect.com
- they have quite a large collection for all countries and many different musical artists

- Silva
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert