Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: rondo alla turca  (Read 12430 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
rondo alla turca
on: January 14, 2007, 04:38:53 AM
here it is.  blow it up. 

Offline minstrel

• PS Silver Member
Re: rondo alla turca
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 04:53:24 AM
cool. this is the best piece mozart wrote.

Offline debussy symbolism

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:55:47 AM
Greetings.

Why is everypiece you record here played on a synthesizer?

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:02:05 AM
That was miserably bad.
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 05:05:03 AM
That was miserably bad.

Sarah! How shameful of you.

Please feel free to expatiate on your calumnious claims.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 05:07:28 AM
You didn't include the section where there are broken octaves and you didn't include the cadenza. You also had somewhat of a stumbling on the sixteenth notes there, but that sometimes happens. Perhaps it's the synthesizer's fault. I played this piece and can say that it must have the repeats and the broken octaves section, as well as the exciting coda.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 05:08:47 AM
here's something equally bad - or worse.  i'm just going to play it because i feel like it.  it's the allegro assai from k 332.  i shall plunder everyone into a mozart depression.  (it's where you just wish mozart was never born).

ok.  i need AS I SAID - the ability to record myself on my kawaii.  which i haven't got - and which is DRIVING ME CRAZY.

ps i am just doing what i feel and ignoring any requests to play the entire coda.  must forge ahead. 

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 05:18:32 AM
allegro assai

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 05:20:27 AM
ok.  now that i am getting warmed up - i shall return to the second half of alla turca.  i am recording it now.  octaves and all.  just for you.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 05:28:13 AM
well?  it's not perfect.  but, it's the best i could do right now.  i am returning to slow music now.

Offline jazzyprof

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 05:54:29 AM
ok.  i need AS I SAID - the ability to record myself on my kawaii.  which i haven't got - and which is DRIVING ME CRAZY.
Now, now, no need to go crazy.  There's a simple solution.  You have a computer right?  A laptop, perhaps?  It has a built in microphone that will do an acceptable job of recording your Kawai.  Now you need recording software.  There's tons of free recording software that you can download.  You download it, it installs itself...a few mouse clicks later you're recording!  Here, try Audacity:https://audacity.sourceforge.net/
"Playing the piano is my greatest joy, next to my wife; it is my most absorbing interest, next to my work." ...Charles Cooke

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 06:14:42 AM
ok.  now that i am getting warmed up - i shall return to the second half of alla turca.  i am recording it now.  octaves and all.  just for you.

The broken octaves gave me a hard time too.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 01:20:54 PM
Hi pianistimo,

I listened to the first half of the K332 finale, and I have to say, I hate the sound of the synthesizer!  The movement sounds way too slow and the dancing quality is lost in the drawn-out timbre of the synthesized strings. 

Since you are just doing it for fun, have at it--but I would take the advice of the person who said to set yourself up to record from a real piano.  You are a very good pianist and your talent is being masked by the synthesizer.  :)

All the best,
Teresa

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 02:35:44 PM
ok.  i'll find a way to do this.  to plug intot he laptop.  probably needs a cable of some kind.  and i'll download the software.  thank you, jazzyprof, for sharing!

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 06:29:04 PM

The inability to record on a real piano doesn't justify these horrible recordings. You totally bastardized the music, and how you can justify sharing such ungodly playing is beyond my comprehension.

Bad pianistimo.  >:(
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

Offline jazzyprof

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 06:38:57 PM
thank you, jazzyprof, for sharing!
No worries, mate!  Let me know if you need any help with this.  You don't need any cables...just bring the laptop up close to the piano and the built-in microphone will do its thing.   
"Playing the piano is my greatest joy, next to my wife; it is my most absorbing interest, next to my work." ...Charles Cooke

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 08:13:08 PM
oh.  it's that easy?  well...why didn't my husband tell me this.  oooh.  i'm going to get him.  well - maybe he didn't know about this.

Offline berrt

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 09:22:46 PM
second half of alla turca.  i am recording it now

nice. i like it, really. but - if you record from the synthy, would you switch to "piano"? it should make the sound clearer.

bye
Berrt

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 12:08:54 AM
take jazzyprof's advice, susan.  I'd love to hear what you can do on a real piano!

but if you still can't figure it out, then at least do what berrt suggested and use the "piano" setting alone.  I tell you, with these digital pianos, the sustain pedal really screws up the "strings" terribly.

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 12:37:57 AM
I don´t like the synthesiser sound too. Strings was a lame choise :'(. I can´´t listen to any articulation,  I cant´ listen no dinamics. It seems sometimes uneven to me and  you are missing lots of notes.  All right, if you r doing it just for fun, but Maibe you may give it a little more atention . I also vote for a real piano recording.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert