Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: The essence...  (Read 3957 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
The essence...
on: May 23, 2007, 07:38:23 PM
...of my life so far

Nightingales, a short video of my walk in a lonely valley

The essence of my music so far (at least I think so at the moment). Do I reveal myself too much with this? I don't think so. In the next second I may be somewhere else and somebody else. :D ("...and a new life every day!" Counterpoint in my birthday thread :))

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: The essence...
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:29:16 AM
hi pianowolfi. That little piece is gorgeous. Great job. I love simple beautiful melodies like this. That's what music is all about.  Was it improvised out of curiosity? If so I shall promptly add it to the list. It ever so vaguely reminds me of Chopin's A minor prelude.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:36:45 AM
hi pianowolfi. That little piece is gorgeous. Great job. I love simple beautiful melodies like this. That's what music is all about.  Was it improvised out of curiosity? If so I shall promptly add it to the list. It ever so vaguely reminds me of Chopin's A minor prelude.

Thank you Derek! Yes that is an improvisation, played on Feb. 8, 2007. There is another similarity someone may notice, to a song by Hugo Wolf "Um Mitternacht", which has a similar mood and left hand part.

Offline johnny-boy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:15:04 PM
Very pretty Pianowolfi!

I closed my eyes while listening. It transports one to a beautiful place - like in your video. Can you add the music to your video? That would be great.

Best, John :)
Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:26:55 PM
Very pretty Pianowolfi!

I closed my eyes while listening. It transports one to a beautiful place - like in your video. Can you add the music to your video? That would be great.

Best, John :)
Thank you very much John :) I could but I don't want to drown the nightingales. To me these are two different kinds of music and mixing them together would disturb the atmosphere.

Offline johnny-boy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:49 PM
Understood  Pianowolfi .

John

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:04:25 AM
Thank you very much John :) I could but I don't want to drown the nightingales. To me these are two different kinds of music and mixing them together would disturb the atmosphere.

You mean you don't want to capitalize on the market which sells "RELAXING CLASSICAL PIANO WITH NATURE SOUNDS" at millions of wal marts? you could get rich instantly!   ;D

Offline johnny-boy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:26 AM
Now there's something to consider.

John :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 04:49:59 AM
Hmmmm if they call me and offer a deal, well okay,  hee hee ;D. For a short time they used to play bird singing (without music) at our local mall centers. They had to stop it because it drove the staff completely crazy and they protested vehemently :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert