Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Recordings with my brand new SAMSON C01U Mic (Rach, Chop, Beet)  (Read 5361 times)

Offline hummel

• PS Silver Member
I've just recorded Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Sharp Minor with my new mic on the recently tuned piano at my parents'. In addition, I recorded some snipplets of Appassionata and Chopin Ballad #4 and so I am curious about whether you think that I've improved my playing since my concert I gave in Spring 2007 (see
).

(Please forgive me the occasional mistakes and the background noise)

Thank you and all the best,
Hummel

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
You need to do some serious work on your pieces dude, you're obviously better than what your performances show. I think you have what it takes to play the pieces you play, but you're not even halfway up there for performance.

Offline mrba1979

• PS Silver Member
Just like that darn phone at my house to interrupt while I am playing.  From what I could hear the Prelude was very good. The Appassionata was a little to short to comment on.  You had my attention and then the phone rang.  The Ballade I think personally could slow down a little, and the melody should be drawn out more.  Also with the Ballade the accompanying hand has a tendency to over shadow the melody.  Very gorgeous pieces overall.
I am no longer fighting my inner demons.  We are now all on the same side.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert