Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Recordings with my brand new SAMSON C01U Mic (Rach, Chop, Beet)  (Read 5392 times)

Offline hummel

• PS Silver Member
I've just recorded Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Sharp Minor with my new mic on the recently tuned piano at my parents'. In addition, I recorded some snipplets of Appassionata and Chopin Ballad #4 and so I am curious about whether you think that I've improved my playing since my concert I gave in Spring 2007 (see
).

(Please forgive me the occasional mistakes and the background noise)

Thank you and all the best,
Hummel

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
You need to do some serious work on your pieces dude, you're obviously better than what your performances show. I think you have what it takes to play the pieces you play, but you're not even halfway up there for performance.

Offline mrba1979

• PS Silver Member
Just like that darn phone at my house to interrupt while I am playing.  From what I could hear the Prelude was very good. The Appassionata was a little to short to comment on.  You had my attention and then the phone rang.  The Ballade I think personally could slow down a little, and the melody should be drawn out more.  Also with the Ballade the accompanying hand has a tendency to over shadow the melody.  Very gorgeous pieces overall.
I am no longer fighting my inner demons.  We are now all on the same side.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert