Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Rota/Coppola - Reminiscences of 'The Godfather' (improv)  (Read 4896 times)

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
I got bored with practicing so I recorded this. Kind of repetitive, but a fun listen all the same. I don't really know the tarentella theme very well and it's pretty obvious.

enjoy!
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline Goldberg

• PS Silver Member
How did this get overlooked?? I really dig your style (is "dig" even a cool word anymore? As if I would know); I love this sort of thing, as it reminds me that some of us haven't completely lost the old Lisztian-style paraphrase spirit, heh. I like doing things like this if I happen to know a piece well enough, but it rarely comes out this elaborately.

It's just an improvisation but entertaining like you say! I *do* wish you could have played more of that wicked tarantelle theme though like you mentioned.

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
How did this get overlooked?? I really dig your style (is "dig" even a cool word anymore? As if I would know); I love this sort of thing, as it reminds me that some of us haven't completely lost the old Lisztian-style paraphrase spirit, heh. I like doing things like this if I happen to know a piece well enough, but it rarely comes out this elaborately.

It's just an improvisation but entertaining like you say! I *do* wish you could have played more of that wicked tarantelle theme though like you mentioned.

haha thanks for listening Goldberg. the tarentella is bad-ass; it never really occured to me it was from the godfather though, until i was watching it a couple weeks ago and realized,' ohya that's where it's from."  haha anyways.
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline brewtality

• PS Silver Member
Hey Rob!

This is good, it would be even better if you had worked it out more rather than just recording an improv. This is a seriously wikid theme (do you realise you cut off a bit of it?) and the tarantella would be a sick way to end it imo, maybe with a few variations like what Liszt did with la ci darem la mano.

Sorry to any mofoz who object to me bringing up such an old post, but this is rezpecable sheet. Eagerly awaiting da J-face doco. 8)

Offline volodya

• PS Silver Member
respect Rob

Just heard this for the first time as well :rob:

Offline pekko

• PS Silver Member

Great fun!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline JP

• PS Silver Member
Very nice Rob!

See, doesnt need to be demonically fast to sound good..

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Very nice Rob!

See, doesnt need to be demonically fast to sound good..

HAHAHA HARZH  8)

Offline chromatickler

• PS Silver Member
HAHAHAHAHA this QUAZI NEGLECTED CLAZZIC

da rob random runz from every pozzible direction a bit ahahahawtf sheeeeyat!!!

random revival true

Offline le_chat

• PS Silver Member
:rob:

8)
Aftah da BUNRNHARD cummah CHAT
n so the world waz ENLIGHTENED with da true WAY
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert