Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Student Rating  (Read 1801 times)

Offline vaio9876

• PS Silver Member
Student Rating
on: December 20, 2004, 06:05:42 AM
I was wondering, I have a student who been playing since he was 15 and now he is 17 and currently finishing playing Grieg concerto in A minor, is he consider a child prodigy or has exceptional talent.

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Re: Student Rating
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 06:16:35 AM
He is a teenager prodigy! ;D
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline kaff

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 10:06:20 AM
Dear Bernhard

Why are you on PF at 6:16 in the morning?

With greatest concern for your health and well being

Kathryn
Kaff

Offline ahmedito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 10:19:08 AM
Its very curious you say that. I started playing at 17 and played the Grieg concerto and 19. And am now in a high level conservatory with similar repertoire. No one has ever considered me a prodigy I think, but I like to think that this and the similar condition of your student is the result of exceptional talent. (And a lot of practice let me add). I played the trumpet before though, since I was a child. Neverthless 5 years ago I was playing Anne Magdalene's Notebook and the C major Clementi sonatina.

:)

Id love to contact your student, I've never met someone similar to me in that way.
For a good laugh, check out my posts in the audition room, and tell me exactly how terrible they are :)

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 09:34:16 PM
Dear Bernhard

Why are you on PF at 6:16 in the morning?

With greatest concern for your health and well being

Kathryn

Thank you for your concern. :)

I guess I don;t have much of a life... :'(

;)
Best wishes,
Bernhard.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline Liween

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 05:51:41 AM
 ::)  Bernard, why you says that ??? As long as we are still alive every morning when we open our eyes we should be Happy  :) and not forgetting you are great in bringing alot of men's dreams to be a good pianist plus so much contribution here in this forum.  I am sure many have benefited from most of your opinions/tips and I am one of them  (even though just 2 mths learning) :o
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert