Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Spring of songs  (Read 1186 times)

Offline stylerpiano

Spring of songs
on: August 15, 2014, 03:14:10 PM
Dear Everybody!

I have been playing piano only for 7 months. This is my 4th own piano piece.

I would be happy to read your opinion about the song.

Offline hmrichter

Re: Spring of songs - Romantic self composed piano piece
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:27 PM
It's definitely a nice piece/song (whichever you're calling it). However, I encourage you to try some new things. You having played piano for only 7 months now (likely self taught), it's somewhat hard to do that, but the continuing arpeggios, while nice, are super common now and start to get stale. Maybe try doing arpeggios, but adding in thirds or sixths in every other few notes. That'd give it some nice flare to it. Also, triplets are a beautiful thing when composing.
WIP:
Bach WTC Fugue 2
Chopin 17/4
          32/1
          70/2
"There are two things that are infinite- human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

Offline stylerpiano

Re: Spring of songs - Romantic self composed piano piece
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:46:53 AM
It's definitely a nice piece/song (whichever you're calling it). However, I encourage you to try some new things. You having played piano for only 7 months now (likely self taught), it's somewhat hard to do that, but the continuing arpeggios, while nice, are super common now and start to get stale. Maybe try doing arpeggios, but adding in thirds or sixths in every other few notes. That'd give it some nice flare to it. Also, triplets are a beautiful thing when composing.

Thank you!
"but adding in thirds or sixths in every other few notes" - In my future pieces I will improve the arpeggios. But the main thing is that I keep my pieces in they original, natural form as they born. It was born under my hands during an improvisation, when I felt something like the music talks about. After that I wrote it down into a music sheet in it's original form.
If one time somebody check my previous pieces(example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNo3SIR9CSI(Lovely June)), he can see the evolution of my composing(little about my piano playing), because my current piece is an image about my actual composing skill  :)

My main problem is that I can't play the piece, what is in my brain at the moment correctly. I can play harder pieces than my (for example River flows in you, Ballade pour Adeline, Hallelujah, etc.), but during improvisation I havent got this skill at the moment, so my own pieces can't outstrip on my playing skill  :) And I would like to keep the pieces in the form as they was born.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert