Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Striking the right balance of Sound  (Read 1232 times)

Offline panolof

Striking the right balance of Sound
on: June 01, 2016, 11:14:44 PM
Hello fellow members

I'm back, and pushing the boundaries of D and Eb.

"A Shadow of Doubt in a Glimmering Pond"
Improvisation no. 17
01-06-2016

I like the unity that comes about in this improv - it takes a few minutes to get to thematic material (D-Eb) which ties the piece nicely together.

Why Eb? --- well, it felt right.

But maybe subconsciously:
Today, I performed in a piano competition and played Chopin's 3rd ballade(which begins on Eb).

In part 1 of 2, I hint at Chopin's 3rd ballade at 8:17. And nowhere else do I do this.

I really couldn't have performed as I did in the competition today without a hug from my mom and a special someone - I guess I really like this special someone.
I walked this someone quite the distance after the competition, I was content ... She left home, I philosophised, then I improvised.

My questions to you are: "Is this the right balance of sound ?"; "What do you like"; and "What don't you like."

If you are critical or negative and you say that you don't like anything, or that this isn't improv ... You're just putting my post at the forefrunt of the forum, and if your comment is negative, but your supporting the topic ... Well then good for me 😊

Part 1/2:

Part 2/2:

Best regards
Pano Pouroullis

Offline briansaddleback

Re: Striking the right balance of Sound
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:17 PM
If you are critical or negative and you say that you don't like anything, or that this isn't improv ... You're just putting my post at the forefrunt of the forum, and if your comment is negative, but your supporting the topic ... Well then good for me 😊

Best regards

Yes. You can definitely get your due attention by the masses by having anyone, even me, post something in reply that is negative.

But why would you want to garner attention the easy way?

Any monkey can create a whole load of fecal matter and throw it around public and that perhaps will be the sensational, attention-grabbing news of the community that day. Sure.

The rub is,
to find a way, to grab at brilliance and artistry through hard effort and doing your homework.

That sort of attention is much harder to receive.

Dont you think?

basically
dont just grab for any kind of attention, like your attention-starved.
it is just a cop out when you put that disclaimer in your post.
Was just amused to tell you this.
Thanks.
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member

If you are critical or negative and you say that you don't like anything, or that this isn't improv ... You're just putting my post at the forefrunt of the forum, and if your comment is negative, but your supporting the topic ... Well then good for
You are spamming multiple boards with lunacy and drivel. Its like program notes diarrhea If you had just said hey here is an improv  vecause im trying to get better and posted to the improv board, i dare say reactions would be better but your last statement earned you my shame gif of the hour

Offline panolof

You are spamming multiple boards with lunacy and drivel. Its like program notes diarrhea If you had just said hey here is an improv  vecause im trying to get better and posted to the improv board, i dare say reactions would be better but your last statement earned you my shame gif of the hour

Hey mate

Cool, will keep that in mind next time I post.
Thank you for your constructive criticism 😉 I always learn such a great deal from fellow musicians on pianostreet as compared to pianoworld.
Good luck with your music, and chopefully we can chat again soon.

Best of luck in your future,
Pano
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert