Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: pictures!!  (Read 367643 times)

Offline Chrysalis

• PS Silver Member
pictures!!
on: May 02, 2005, 01:53:45 PM
Mayb this topic has passed 1000 times... but paste your face here :D

go
Debussy Rox! Debussy Rox! Debussy Rox!

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Re: pictures!!
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 04:45:41 PM
how do i paste an imagine?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 05:16:35 PM
 ;D

i never know if i should use an older picture where i look younger, or a younger picture where i look older.  in a couple of months i'll post my tanned face (or use that automatic bronzer at the store).  how can we compete with the likes of those
'piano babes' tho.  maybe i'll put in a swimsuit shot.  then siberian husky will eat those haunting words.

do you know why benches fall apart?  it is because they have lids with little tiny hinges so you can store music inside them.  hint:  buy a bench that does not hinge.  buy it for sturdiness.

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 05:27:40 PM
ok.  for a picture of my family (let's skip the swimsuit idea) you can type www.kubik.org/misc/kossey.htm

i'm down on the right hand corner.  it's not the best shot, but it's me.
do you know why benches fall apart?  it is because they have lids with little tiny hinges so you can store music inside them.  hint:  buy a bench that does not hinge.  buy it for sturdiness.

Offline pianomann1984

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 05:44:21 PM

OMG, who the hell is that?!  :-X Oh...it's me  ;D
"What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

Offline Aniam

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 07:04:17 PM
Eh, I have a pic on my site:

https://anath.everywebhost.com

invisible

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 07:24:37 PM

Here's one of me sitting at the piano, gosh I look stupid in this one  ::)

sincerely,
invisible

Offline Chrysalis

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 07:36:53 PM
no invisible ,you look very cool in that pic

p.s. i see death people
Debussy Rox! Debussy Rox! Debussy Rox!

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 08:09:33 PM
i'd like to put my picture but i don't know how, so if somebody plese explain  ::)
Critics! If one would be a critic, one should begin with self-criticism !
    -Franz Liszt

Offline Nightscape

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 08:13:47 PM

Here's a creepy picture of me holding a cell phone.

invisible

Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 08:26:39 PM
Here paris, Bernhard explained it in another thread, that's how I learned:

-   Register in one of the free image hosts in the net (e.g. photobucket.com or tinypicture.com)

-   Transfer your file to the host. It will have a URL address.

-   Copy this address on your post in between [IMG] [/IMG*] (get rid of the asterisk, I put it there to be able to type it without generating an image).

-   Before posting, click on preview to check if the image is there all right.

See if this works for you

sincerely,
invisible

Offline dave_cane

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 08:34:37 PM

This is me.

Offline dave_cane

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 08:37:09 PM
How can I post a picture that hasn't been uploaded anywhere?

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 08:39:41 PM

1980 and 2004 - How we change !

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 08:48:17 PM

Here's one of me sitting at the piano, gosh I look stupid in this one  ::)

sincerely,
invisible

Is that a fireplace? :o

Are you trying to scare your piano to death? ;D
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 08:56:03 PM

this was in prague, after very unsleepy night  ;D  i'm the girl with sunglasses
    -Franz Liszt

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 08:56:59 PM
it worked, it worked  :P :D :P :D
    -Franz Liszt

invisible

Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 09:05:55 PM
Is that a fireplace? :o

Are you trying to scare your piano to death? ;D

Oh no, I would never want to do that!  My piano simply loves the home I have provided for her.  Very warm and cozy, especially when I build a fire in there... Mwaa ha ha haaa.

sincerely,
invisible

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 06:52:03 AM
paris:
wow, you almost look like a celebrity ;) are you?

----

this is moi. after basic military training... note look of relief on my face.

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 07:05:54 AM
ok we've done this before, i can't be bothered finding the link. but i'm updating my pic cos that one was like 1 1/2 years ago. and this was like 3 weeks ago. shame you can't see the entire skirt it's so hot and d*mn expensive go alana hill haha

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 11:48:16 AM
paris:
wow, you almost look like a celebrity ;) are you?

????????? this photo was taken morning after party, i look like zombi on it  :P   thanks to man who invented sunglasses  ;D ;)
    -Franz Liszt

Offline mound

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 01:26:46 PM
????????? this photo was taken morning after party, i look like zombi on it  :P   thanks to man who invented sunglasses  ;D ;)

I'm having a flashback to walking out of a club in Prague and realizing the sun had already come up ;)

Offline rlefebvr

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 03:12:11 PM
ok we've done this before, i can't be bothered finding the link. but i'm updating my pic cos that one was like 1 1/2 years ago. and this was like 3 weeks ago. shame you can't see the entire skirt it's so hot and d*mn expensive go alana hill haha

Tash, hope you don't mind.

https://www3.sympatico.ca/rlefebvr/Tash_ballet.jpg

Ron
Ron Lefebvre

Ron Lefebvre © Copyright. Any reproduction of all or part of this post is sheer stupidity.

Offline allchopin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 03:23:17 PM
Mayb this topic has passed 1000 times... but paste your face here :D
Indeed - https://www.pianoforum.net/smf/index.php/topic,5464.0.html
A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 05:32:58 PM
This is a pic of me, you know, just hangin around.  8)

And heres one of me just hangin round with a couple of buddies.  8)

And heres one me sleepin after a hard piano practice..sheesh..those appregios and scales can sure get to ya.

Heres an old pic of me, i look a little fat, but im going to the gym now.  ;D

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 06:25:06 PM
siberian husky, you are so hansome. can i have your number?  ;)
    -Franz Liszt

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 06:37:07 PM
Here's one of me getting ready to post on pianoforum.net.  You can tell I'm not quite there yet  :P

and here's a self portrait using Paint

note this isn't sposed to be some fancy kind of modern art I'm jsut a shitty drawer.

Rob

"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline pianomann1984

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 06:52:03 PM
Hey, ur drawing is very good!  Looks like early picasso!  ;D

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 03:03:29 AM
siberian husky,

i bet my cat can whip your dogsled.  hahaha  not really.  i LOVED those pictures of those siberian huskies.  do you actually own the dogs pulling the sled and is that you mushing?  do you live in alaska?  i used to live in alaska (a long time ago)

anyway, if you live in russia or netherlands, thats great, too.  of course, i suppose you could be posting from greenland or canada.  CANADA.  that's where you are from right?  have you entered the iditarod, or you just like mushing (if that's you)?

so cool.  i used to be able to brave the temps., but since marrying my husband and living in california (in the high desert where it gets over 100 degrees for most of the summer) my blood has thinned.  now we live in pennsylvania where it is extremely mild (so i have gone from cold to hot to mild).  apparrently alaska has had one of the warmest weeks on record last week (70-80 degrees).  quite unusual - and will be sure to thin the already thinning ice flows.

we are going back to anchorage in june.  my parents live near the chugiak national forest.  they had a lot of bear in their dumpsters before they got new ones (which bears can't get into).  i used to hike and ski a lot, just going out the back door, and hiking or skiing up the mountain.  now they have trails that you have to stay on.  it's much different than the old soloing wherever you want.

tell us more about mushing?  i know, it doesn't fit in pics.  post another thread on mushing, ok.  i love animals.  cats, dogs, and birds (and all animals wild or tame).

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 03:07:40 AM
ps  i'm finding everyone's pic's really neat.  it puts a name to a face, and more personal.

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 07:35:47 AM
that and you know how fugly i am now lol

Offline pianomann1984

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 10:42:58 AM
that and you know how fugly i am now lol

lol...ditto  ;D

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 11:34:40 AM

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 11:44:25 AM
oh very nice Lefebvre :)

and everyone else you're hot to trot

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 01:46:50 PM
dazzer, don't tell piano mann, but i think you're cuter.  of course, how can i compete with the likes of those babes on the other forum too (ie natasha - love the name).  piano mann, it's not your face, it's that you didn't smile like dazzer.  a smile makes us 'average joe/jane' look 100% cute  ;D.

dazzer, i saw your pic and thought 'there's a brave man-love him'  - it made me think of my son because he's only 15 and you look maybe 18-19.

the bravest thing i did in my life was to run away from a moose that charged me once.  may God protect you always...and your piano fingers. 

Offline pianomann1984

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 04:46:06 PM
dazzer, don't tell piano mann, but i think you're cuter.  of course, how can i compete with the likes of those babes on the other forum too (ie natasha - love the name).  piano mann, it's not your face, it's that you didn't smile like dazzer.  a smile makes us 'average joe/jane' look 100% cute  ;D.

dazzer, i saw your pic and thought 'there's a brave man-love him'  - it made me think of my son because he's only 15 and you look maybe 18-19.

the bravest thing i did in my life was to run away from a moose that charged me once.  may God protect you always...and your piano fingers. 

What can I say...I have bad teeth!!!  :P  ;D

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 06:55:52 PM
a quick trip to the dentist and $5000.  should do the trick.  OR, you could try ambush makeover.  i'll send them your pic and your address (if you give it to me).  they'll ambush you in a public place, really embarrass you, and then turn you into such a stud that the next pic you post, you'll be topping nightscape with his cell phone.  (always good to add another focal point next to the face). 

i'm terrible, and in a silly mood right now.  just to even the score, i used to use hats when i didn't use sunglasses.  

ok. nightscape, for a really studly picture, you need to unbutton the top three buttons, lose the cell phone, and be thrashing at the piano.   

Offline Torp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 07:34:08 PM
ok. nightscape, for a really studly picture, you need to unbutton the top three buttons, lose the cell phone, and be thrashing at the piano.   

Pianonut.....careful, you're talking to minors!!! ;D ;D ;D

Don't let your music die inside you.

Offline DarkWind

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 09:48:02 PM
this was in prague, after very unsleepy night  ;D  i'm the girl with sunglasses

Why aren't you looking at the camera? It's like if there was something much more important going on somewhere over to your right.

Anyways, I'll get a pic of me in the future.

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 10:54:55 PM
WOOF WOOF!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 11:13:08 PM
ok. torp.  i forgot.

siberian husky, stop your woofing!  why don't you go on the babe forum and howl.  you never did tell us if that was you in the picture, mushing the dogs.  tell us more.  you do have some good looking dogs!

my cat is a princess.  she wasn't born into royalty, she just always took care of herself.  (she was a stray kitten that we found up in a tree - and had probably had someone attempt to drown her because she refused to go around water that whole first year).  she preens all the time and her fur is shiny.  she won't eat cat food anymore (because she likes deli turkey), and she eats off of regular plates.  she doesn't have a place setting at the table, but she sleeps in our bed and generally thinks of herself as human. 

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 11:40:14 PM
well lets see...the black and white siberian husky..the one thats shown in the 3 pictures individually..that Airebis..hes my youngest..(Airebis=Siberia backwards..Airebis is also the greek god of darkness)..anyhoo..hes 11 months old..he doesnt mush yet hes too little...

i have an older one named Meeko but he stays with my sister most of the time..hes in the mushing picture..(the one mushing was a member of the bar area siberian husky club..this was at an "ice cream social" event for huskies)...last one on the right side (musher's view)...i am not a professional musher..but my dogs both know basic commands..they just suck at turning and i havnt conditioned them for endurance.(thats why meeko is in the back because all hell would break loose if he was a lead or wing).i dont think i'll mush airebis..im not sure about it.. for he has a bad right knee for an accident when he was a baby...so maybe if it clears up fully he'll be able to pull me..and be my little slave

i love siberian huskies..they are totally sweet and Airebis, as i type this, is playing chopin's revolutionary etude right behind me..hes a very talented dog..he also speaks fluent english and can paint pictures of deoderant sticks..

i DO have other animals..lizards/rodents and such..but i wub my doggies the most because they can play etudes and they help me with homework

i wish i had a cat...but Airebis would kill it on accident...

*still saluting mikeyg*
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline pianonut

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 12:18:35 AM
it was great to hear about your dogs and their respective names and such.  keep up the good work, and remind them that treats wait at the end of a good mush.

you sound busy.  what with homework, taking care of a puppy, and older dogs, mushing.  it is possible to have a dog practice for you, ehhh?  that's cute.  i don't understand the deoderant stick.  oh well.

post another pic of you with your parka hood down.

im thinking of posting another with me on my bicycle passing up racers.

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 07:46:42 AM

i look 18-19 cuz, guess what? i am 19. 18 when that was taken.
and i'm not brave. just stuck in very crappy circumstances (we have national service here)

anyway, pianomann, spend a couple of hundred and you might look like this

amazing eh? wish i looked like that everyday.

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 08:38:13 AM
Why aren't you looking at the camera? It's like if there was something much more important going on somewhere over to your right.

we were sitting on the bench, and i was looking for something (i don't know what)  and my friend suddenly took camera and that girl next to me hughed me, and the camera clicked and it was late to smile.  but, usual on my pics i'm always smile and happy  :D

i'll try to find another one, and if it will be good, i'll put it here. 
    -Franz Liszt

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: May 05, 2005, 08:43:57 AM
i look 18-19 cuz, guess what? i am 19. 18 when that was taken.
and i'm not brave. just stuck in very crappy circumstances (we have national service here)

anyway, pianomann, spend a couple of hundred and you might look like this

amazing eh? wish i looked like that everyday.

he looks like a plastic doll. so if you want to look plastic, then go for it...some kind of michael jackson influence?!

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: May 05, 2005, 08:47:58 AM
:O that hurt :(

haha well they did have to do alot of make up... too many holes on my face. - sniff sniff -

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: May 05, 2005, 08:54:54 AM
dazzer i think your pic is pretty good.  alot better than the army one!  ;)
    -Franz Liszt

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 08:55:59 AM
oh is that actually YOU?! i thought it was just some random photo!  oh i'm sorry dazzer, you really are quite hot, it's a good photo! provided it hasn't been like overly photoshopped or anything....
i'm very sorry, will you ever forgive me?!

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: May 05, 2005, 09:02:44 AM
hmmmph!!! now i know what you allllll think... :'(

meh i think it was photoshopped a little...i'm not sure i didn't take the pictures.

nah i ain't hot. you're not too bad though tash :P and for that i'll consider forgiving you hmmph.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert