Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Who is the hottest MALE pianist ever?  (Read 4752 times)

Offline minnielala2

• PS Silver Member
Who is the hottest MALE pianist ever?
on: November 13, 2006, 04:37:41 AM

My pick: Evgeny Kissin, all the way!!!!!

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Re: Who is the hottest MALE pianist ever?
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:44:03 PM
No.
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 12:54:09 PM
@%&# I hate these threads....*mutter* @#*^$%

ihatepop

Offline jpianoflorida

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:30:12 PM
well that would be jpianoflorida of course..lol..ok, just kidding!   

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:37:12 PM

Isn't he pretty cool, ladies? ;D

Konstantin Scherbakov

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:13:20 PM
Well, it might be said that, if the term "hottest" were intended to connote the idea of a pianist who generates white-hot performances, Jonathan Powell might well be considered a candidate here. Since, however, my suspicion that what is intended by its use here it on a par with that which was intended in the earlier thread about the temperature of or surrounding female pianists, I'd leave Jonathan Powell out of it altogether, since he has infinitely better things to do with his valuable time.

It seems that I'm not the only person who finds little even to entertain, let alone edify, in this kind of thread...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline jpianoflorida

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 03:34:48 PM
nothing wrong with a little laugher every now and then ahinton!

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:25 PM
nothing wrong with a little laugher every now and then ahinton!
Indeed not! - which is why some people might just laugh at my very mention of Jonathan Powell in this context. I prefer to laugh at things that are really funny; this subject does not at all strike me that way, I'm afraid.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline jpianoflorida

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:54:34 PM
ok...I keep hearing the name Jonathan Powell..someone please tell me who that is??? where he is? etc?

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:08:23 PM
ok...I keep hearing the name Jonathan Powell..someone please tell me who that is??? where he is? etc?
He is a British pianist resident in England. His repertoire encompasses music by Finnissy, Ferneyhough, Dillon and other contemporary composers from Britain and elsewhere, as well as Rakhmaninov, Medtner, Skryabin, etc. He also plays a considerable amount of earlier music. He has, in addition, distinguished himself as the foremost Sorabji pianist of any era, having committed to disc and public performance more piano music by that composer than any other musician in history. Two days ago in London, he gave a recital to great acclaim - the programme comprised Chopin's Polonaise-Fantaisie, Beethoven's Sonata in E, Op, 109 and the world première of my Sequentia Claviensis; all three performances were excellent and he rose most splendidly to the occasion with my piece - a challenging work occupying 90 minutes - garnering the audience's full concentration throughout and eliciting a unanimously positive response afterwards. In short, in every sense a unique force to be reckoned with in present-day pianism.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:43:19 PM

He was last seen in Pizza Express near Waterloo, with a bunch of strange men.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 10:43:36 PM
for the record - this weeks hottest male composer is alistair hinton.  who, i might add, just had his composition performed by a world class pianist. 

my nomination for hottest male pianist would be thalbergmad - who obviously shows an interest in keeping scores.  musical scores that is. 

of course, there is always barry douglas.  alas, ladies he is married.  so i defer you back to thalbergmad.  he looks so cute with the furball.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 10:46:01 PM
He was last seen in Pizza Express near Waterloo, with a bunch of strange men.

Thal
Not by you, though - or so I understand; where were you at that time?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 10:51:20 PM
Not by you, though - or so I understand; where were you at that time?

Best,

Alistair

Filling in my application to join the BNP and posting stupid pictures here.

In addition, i was paying half hour visits to the bog after a dodgy kebab, hence my non appearance.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 10:53:08 PM
for the record - this weeks hottest male composer is alistair hinton.  who, i might add, just had his composition performed by a world class pianist. 

my nomination for hottest male pianist would be thalbergmad - who obviously shows an interest in keeping scores.  musical scores that is. 

of course, there is always barry douglas.  alas, ladies he is married.  so i defer you back to thalbergmad.  he looks so cute with the furball.
Well - the gospel according to "Pianistimo" (chapter 21748, verse 240171) appears to state that the current hottest male composer (off topic, this is) is someone who is likely to hold that dubious title for a mere week - which is presumably indicative of the value of either the composer or that title or both; this reminds me of the line in that Cole Porter song "Just One of Those Things" that elegantly speaks of "our love affair" as being "too hot not to cool down"...

I cannot comment on the calorific value of "Thalbergmad" as a pianist, since his absence from Mr Powell's recital meant that I've still yet to meet him. I can make even less comment about Mr Douglas in this dubious context.

All that said, is the quietest pianist "Pianistimo"? Discuss...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 10:56:31 PM
Filling in my application to join the BNP and posting stupid pictures here.

In addition, i was paying half hour visits to the bog after a dodgy kebab, hence my non appearance.

Thal
Well, I am sorry to hear that your administrative work for the British Racist party (aren't there better parties to go to?), your posting of picutres here and your necessary bowel empyting activities all conspired to keep you away from The Warehouse; I hope that you are now fully recovered from up to all three of these things...

Bst,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline shortyshort

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 11:21:43 PM
(aren't there better parties to go to?)

Come on Thal, there must be some wild party somewhere??????

Shorty
If God really exists, then why haven't I got more fingers?

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 11:38:06 PM
dear alistair,  i love cole porter!  almost as much as pasta.   you are a cool dude.  i'd go out with you anytime - because i'd know it would be 'just friends.'  hope this doesn't sound strange - but this is exactly why women are often attracted to the unavailable pianists/composers who hole up and practice a thousand hours.  they know they just have that undivided attention and occasional flirtation (bad, i know) and be able to ask 'can you play/compose this?'  also, to ask questions and have them decently answered. 

oops.  i accidentally deleted something.  thalbergmad is cute because he's so available - but i have a sneaky suspicion that girl in the background knows thal and he goes to the shetlands to visit her.  ladies, beware of the sailor 'mentality' of a girl at every port.  (just giving thal a hard time).  i hope that his pictures bring in a few girls that like hugs.  he looks very huggable.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:39 AM
Where are you, ladies? I want your opinions. Isn't this guy the most attractive pianist ever?

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 10:08:47 AM
serious composer/pianist to whom you would have to wave 'i'm over here, remember.'  but, then again - just to watch them compose and play would be enough.  there are two sides to a woman's brain - just like a man's.  one side needs intellectual stimulation and is 1/2 to 3/4 of the brain.  then the remaining 1/2 or 1/4 is like an unexploded ordinate.  i think rach's music was quite passionate - but was rach?  only his wife would know. 

Offline pabst

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 10:14:25 AM
Richter had such power and an eerie graciousness, Im totally sincere when I pick him as the all time hottest, even if that  isnt the general conception of hot. I know my knees would be trembling if I were a couple meters from him ;P
====
Pabst

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 10:21:56 AM
he seems an extension of beethoven to me.  it's almost as if he is part of nature itself.  that if he walked among the fall leaves that he would 'become a leaf.'  to capture something in music is much like photography.  you are capturing moments and showing them to other people.  richter caught extremely beautiful moments and reeled them back in slow enough time to not only capture but feel the emotions that go with the 'picture.'

Offline pianolist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:34 AM
Where are you, ladies? I want your opinions. Isn't this guy the most attractive pianist ever?

He's the best. Mrs Pianolist agrees.
Yes, it's the 10,000th member ...

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 07:21:53 PM
You guys have got like, no class. The totally hottest male pianist ever is Tim Hoffman.

I'd post a picture of him but, like, I can't work out how to do it. Like it's so totally complicated.

But Tim is like the best. I want to  have his baby.

Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.
- Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 07:51:56 PM
here's a tim hoffman - but i don't know if he plays the piano.  small detail.

ok ada, here's what you do:

click the little box up top with the picture in it.  you'll get [img][img].  minimize pianostreet. then go to your pic.  hold down the control  button +C  then minimize and go back to piano street.  hit control button + V = voila - save.  works every time.  sometimes.  usually. 

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 09:08:50 PM

click the little box up top with the picture in it.  you'll get [img][img].  minimize pianostreet. then go to your pic.  hold down the control  button +C  then minimize and go back to piano street.  hit control button + V = voila - save.  works every time.  sometimes.  usually. 

Wow this guy looks cool. Did you go for bicycle tours with him? And BRAVOOOOO: You can post pictures now!

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 10:14:57 PM

tks but still confused  :P. Like, what little box up the top with the picture in it? Mah little blonde head is aching.

Please someone else post a picture of timbo for the benefit of those who haven't seen him

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 10:28:23 PM
tks but still confused  :P. Like, what little box up the top with the picture in it? Mah little blonde head is aching.

How cute! The picture symbol you will find in the second line of symbols as second symbol. That means, your probably blue eyes would wander from the top line, entitled "subject" over the second line, entitled "Message icon" and the first symbol line which begins with the B for Bold down to the line that begins with a wheel symbol. Move the mouse pointer over the symbols and you will see what they are for. ;D

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 10:33:20 PM
You guys have got like, no class. The totally hottest male pianist ever is Tim Hoffman.

I'd post a picture of him but, like, I can't work out how to do it. Like it's so totally complicated.

But Tim is like the best. I want to  have his baby.
His baby what?(!!)

Please someone else post a picture of timbo for the benefit of those who haven't seen him
!   !  ! !!

Best,

Alistair the born-again unbeliever (well, certainly in this instance!...)
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 12:58:03 AM
aw wolfi you is soooo smart

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Timmy

The lustrous perm, the waxed chest, the casually raffish pose, the retro leather jacket...swoon, women of PF  ;D

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 01:07:20 AM
he's not a bad looking guy, but why does he have to try so hard with the hair?  it's kind of a turn off to me.  i mean, how do you know if he's straight.  being all curly and everything.  are you sure you like absolutely 'no chest hair.'  i'm kind of scouring the pic for at least one or two. 

pianowolfi,  nevermind the hot picture and the bravvo.  i just googled 'pianist tim hoffman.'  i was hoping for some pianists - but the only really cute pic i found was this guy with his bike.  i see this kind of guy all the time on the bike trail, though.  some of them say 'hi.'  it doesn't really bother me anymore.  i have my favorite cyclists now that we stop and chat.  one is a lady who is in her 50's and plants flowers by the trail.  i saw her, one day, and struck up a conversation.  she goes cycling almost every day and i've come to really depend on seeing her when i go.  also, there are no end of good looking guys.  perhaps that is bad for me to enjoy looking - but hey, i do not reach out and touch.  i did once, however, see a load of racing guys coming and start doing a zig-zag pattern across the bike trail to see what they would do.  (perhaps i am crazy) - then at the last minute i went to the side.  so far, i've never caused an accident.  i would feel bad about that.  usually, i'm really careful - but that day the heat must have gotten to me.

Offline earthward

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 02:09:54 AM

OMG. that guy is seriously yummy.  If that guy really is a pianist I want him to be my teacher. :P

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 02:21:35 AM
OMG. that guy is seriously yummy.  If that guy really is a pianist I want him to be my teacher. :P

If I  can indulge in a bit of gratuitous negativity I think he looks like a dumb jock.

Plus I am not a fan of the USA-emblazoned-in-metre-high-letters-all -over-your-clothing look. In fact, I am not a fan men in lycra full stop.

Too many cyclists are just uptight balls of aggression in tight pants.

That said, I am all for cycling as an alternative to burning fossil fuels. I have a bike myself and think more people should ride them.

Offline earthward

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 02:38:32 AM
If I  can indulge in a bit of gratuitous negativity I think he looks like a dumb jock.

Plus I am not a fan of the USA-emblazoned-in-metre-high-letters-all -over-your-clothing look. In fact, I am not a fan men in lycra full stop.

Too many cyclists are just uptight balls of aggression in tight pants.

That said, I am all for cycling as an alternative to burning fossil fuels. I have a bike myself and think more people should ride them.

*gasp* don't dis the spandex. Any guy in spandex makes me have orgasms.

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 03:03:14 AM
*gasp* don't dis the spandex. Any guy in spandex makes me have orgasms.

Oh darls, you're a boy! I'm so sorry, I thought you were girl.

Well no wonder men in spandex do it for you  ;D

What do you think of our Tim?

Offline earthward

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 03:09:11 AM

Oh darls, you're a boy! I'm so sorry, I thought you were girl.

Well no wonder men in spandex do it for you  ;D

What do you think of our Tim?

ummmm i ... am ... a girl.  ;) ;) ;)  Which Tim? The guy with the spandex obviously I'd do him in two seconds. The other guy... maybe if he cut his hair.

Sorry I'm having way too much fun with this thread. I can't help it! It's my favorite topic of conversation.

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 03:19:03 AM
ummmm i ... am ... a girl.  ;) ;) ;)  Which Tim? The guy with the spandex obviously I'd do him in two seconds. The other guy... maybe if he cut his hair.

haha are you suuuuure you're being straight with me  ;) ;)  ;)

aint the internet a funny place
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert