Piano Forum

Master Teacher Christopher Elton – Never Ending Impetus
With 50 years at the Royal Academy of Music and an international teaching career, Professor Christopher Elton has gained unique experience in how to coach accomplished artists. In this unique interview for Piano Street, Elton shares his insights and views on the big perspective. Read more >>

Topic: who would u like to meet?  (Read 13342 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: who would u like to meet?
Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 05:18:45 PM
what business.  that i would run away with the bottle after jumping the counter?  i didn't mean to drink it.  i'd crack it against a wall somewheres and just see what the guys would do.  that would be when i'd get into shape and be able to run really fast. 

the other suggestion would be to have them dance their beer bellies off.  you know - get on the counter and make them do what they ask women to do.  what's the shame in that?  it's merely asking them to get into shape.

this is what i can't stand.  men expect women to be perfect.  if you see a sign 'wet t-shirt contest' who do you think they are talking about.  of course, the new movie 'what's it called'  300 or something - is supposed to have a guy who got into fab shape - but they don't treat the women in the movie very well.  i like to see a guy who has some kind of V shape.  of course - fair is fair.  everyone should get into shape at the same time so nobody feels left out.  this includes the fat guy at my meat market.  he's the nicest guy - but wow- is he fat.  i'd sort of like to be in charge of his weight management program - but the first thing i'd do is get him fired.  i mean - he doesn't need to be working around food. 

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 05:24:45 PM
Belly dancing pianistimo... I never though...

RnB
I'm an optimist... but I don't think it's helping...

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 05:31:00 PM
that was an old thought.  lately - it was pole dancing - but that was short-lived.  just a fantasy of my husbands i pondered how to make come true.  i'm mad at him right now though - so he'll be lucky if he gets dinner tonight.  as it stands, it will be potatoe salad only. 

i would like to meet my husband at an undisclosed rendevouz location and have him say for once 'i'm sorry that i laughed about something i should have been serious about.  it's ok when you crush bags of chips.'

perhaps it is best noone on here meets me.

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:15 PM
I think he would be happy even if he got the pole dancing without the salad.

RnB

(shoot... I am starting to sound like thal... scary... :P )

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 09:00:37 PM

--m1469(because she's mayla)

Omg why did I forget m1469 in my list? How *could* I? tz tz tz Wolfi you are getting old it seems :P  ;D Of course because she's m1469. :)
-- cmg, because no one else wants to meet him  :'(

You are definitely on my list from now on :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 12:12:39 AM
Omg why did I forget m1469 in my list? How *could* I? tz tz tz Wolfi you are getting old it seems

Sorry m1469, this was just a bit kidding, you know that you have ALWAYS been on my "list" of course and.....anyway however :P....

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 12:22:20 AM
We should put everyone on PF in a room without name tags and we'd have to guess who was who. Now that would be interesting.  The rule is that we only use our real time identity and never give away our screen names.

whoa imagine the dynamics  ;D Who's hitting on whom? Who's punching who out? Who's gone home with whom? who's best mates?

Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.
- Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 12:26:36 AM
-- cmg, because no one else wants to meet him  :'(

awwww I'll meetcha cmg. Remember you invited me to your digs?

haha now the secret's out  ;D

Offline nasalstein

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 01:00:39 AM

-- nasalstein, because his name cracks me up

nasalstein, nasalstein, nasalstein, nasalstein, nasalstein..........

got enough?  ;D

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 01:59:45 AM
awwww I'll meetcha cmg. Remember you invited me to your digs?

haha now the secret's out  ;D

Ain't no secret, ada.  Everyone in NYC read about it in on Page Six of the New York Post.  Gotta love that Rupert -- still a news hound!

So, here's the deal:  as I write this I'm on Kaua'i, at a beach cottage at Haena, so my NYC flat is ALL YOURS!  One hitch, though.  You have to stop off on Kaua'i to pick up the keys . . .  ;D  Sydney to Honolulu, Honolulu to Lihue, rent a car and take the Kuhio Road 45 minutes to Hanalei, then 15 minutes more to Haena.  Turn off at the 8-mile road marker and apply brakes before you hit the beach.  My cottage is in the papaya grove to the left.  Just holler and walk in.  It ain't locked.  Ever! 

Current repertoire:  "Come to Jesus" (in whole-notes)

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: May 04, 2007, 02:35:53 AM
Everyone in NYC read about it in on Page Six of the New York Post

Page Six? Surely it was three!

as I write this I'm on Kaua'i, at a beach cottage at Haena, so my NYC flat is ALL YOURS!  One hitch, though.  You have to stop off on Kaua'i to pick up the keys . . .    Sydney to Honolulu, Honolulu to Lihue, rent a car and take the Kuhio Road 45 minutes to Hanalei, then 15 minutes more to Haena.  Turn off at the 8-mile road marker and apply brakes before you hit the beach.  My cottage is in the papaya grove to the left.  Just holler and walk in.  It ain't locked.  Ever! 

well tks but I have just done a stint in that neck of the Pacific and baby I am soooo over papaya groves  ;)

Have a nice time though  :)

edit: it just occurred to me, I hope there are no stalkers on this forum. They now know where to go ....

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: May 04, 2007, 02:34:14 PM

edit: it just occurred to me, I hope there are no stalkers on this forum. They now know where to go ....

:o  well, thanks for planting the seed of paranoia, but not to worry -- I'm off tomorrow for the Big Island to stalk a volcano for a few weeks.  Keep the forum fires burning!
Current repertoire:  "Come to Jesus" (in whole-notes)

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: May 04, 2007, 02:46:23 PM
i would like to meet my husband at an undisclosed rendevouz location and have him say for once 'i'm sorry that i laughed about something i should have been serious about.  it's ok when you crush bags of chips.'

Crushing Pianistimo !!! ;D ;) :) ;D
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: May 04, 2007, 07:16:15 PM
he's been coming home early all week.  non-human violence has it's place. >:( ;D
what is sad is that the 5 year old wanted those chips in her lunch today.  i put them in a bag thinking 'she's going to wonder why they are so small.'

emill, are you going to take a vacation, too, with your son?  he is really good for such a young age.  and, it's nice to see a parent so interested and involved.  i think exploration always helps with music interpretation.

cmg - how do you 'stalk' a volcano?  are you a volcanologist?  interesting.  perhaps there are lessons to be learned in anger management by studying volcanos?  different kinds of steam or something. 

papaya groves sound very good, too.  fresh papaya.  pineapple.  well, enjoy your time on the beach and don't get sunburned.  too badly. 

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: May 04, 2007, 07:25:17 PM
Opus10no2 - because I don't know anyone else here  8)

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: May 04, 2007, 08:05:43 PM

Also because I'm wkd? 8)
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: May 04, 2007, 08:07:02 PM
We should put everyone on PF in a room without name tags and we'd have to guess who was who. Now that would be interesting.  The rule is that we only use our real time identity and never give away our screen names.

whoa imagine the dynamics  ;D Who's hitting on whom? Who's punching who out? Who's gone home with whom? who's best mates?
And which journalist will report the lot?(!). Good to see ya back on the Street!...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: May 04, 2007, 08:10:06 PM
papaya groves sound very good, too.  fresh papaya.  pineapple.  well, enjoy your time on the beach and don't get sunburned.  too badly. 
Papaya? That stuff does for me almost exactly what any kind of what beer does - and what that is can simply not be mentioned in a nice polite arena like Pianostreet. I know that it's "good for" some people and I respect and understand that, but it could never stay long enough even in the presence of my nasal passages to be any "good for" me, I'm afraid...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: May 04, 2007, 08:51:31 PM
Also because I'm wkd? 8)

Oh, totally.

If I met you I'd just make you play the piano for hours, provided you did no more cruel impressions of me :P

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: May 04, 2007, 08:56:37 PM
That's my average day anyway, an audience would be nice  :P
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: May 04, 2007, 09:03:53 PM
That's sorted then.

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: May 04, 2007, 09:22:44 PM
Jump in the spa philippa if you want to meet somebody.  :)

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: May 04, 2007, 09:28:09 PM
What's that?

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:57 PM
=P

The chat room

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: May 04, 2007, 10:08:47 PM
I see.

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: May 05, 2007, 10:34:49 AM

Greetings! Nice to meet you! ;D

ihatepop

P.S. You now know another person. Only 16000 more to go! ;D
P.P.S Go into the spa! We are given out free chocolate bars and soda!

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: May 05, 2007, 02:58:26 PM
  Rachmaninoff
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: May 05, 2007, 04:43:01 PM
  Rachmaninoff

Wow! I have met him once in a dream. I wrote in my diary back then:

"One of my dreams this night: I met Rachmaninoff and he played for me his second concerto. He had to sightread it, because, as he told me, he had not played it for a long time. And he did a great job sightreading it. I was far from thinking "hee hee, he can't play his own concerto anymore" I was just admiring his amazing skills. Sometimes he'd stumble or hesitate but he got every of the mean leaps in the first movement exactly to the spot. And it was such a great honour to have him playing the piano for me alone!"

:P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: May 05, 2007, 04:57:49 PM
Okay, I am sorry to interrupt here, but what in the world is your signature Wolfi ?  LOL ... for some reason I find it hilarious and very tickly.

Now :

"One of my dreams this night: I met Rachmaninoff and he played for me his second concerto. He had to sightread it, because, as he told me, he had not played it for a long time. And he did a great job sightreading it. I was far from thinking "hee hee, he can't play his own concerto anymore" I was just admiring his amazing skills. Sometimes he'd stumble or hesitate but he got every of the mean leaps in the first movement exactly to the spot. And it was such a great honour to have him playing the piano for me alone!"

:P

I love this  :)
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: May 05, 2007, 05:13:43 PM
Okay, I am sorry to interrupt here, but what in the world is your signature Wolfi ?  LOL ... for some reason I find it hilarious and very tickly.

It is an answer to Mikey6's sig: "Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them. Richard Strauss"

;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: May 05, 2007, 05:14:49 PM
It is an answer to Mikey6's sig: "Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them. Richard Strauss"

;D

Oh, yes  ;D.  I have read this and I actually quite like that one, too, it's very funny  :)
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: May 05, 2007, 05:42:15 PM

Me too, but no music ,just in the physical form, sort of walking and standing :-\
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline rc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: May 05, 2007, 05:44:56 PM

Cool dream!

Brendel walked in on one of my dreams once.  There was a big party in the basement, Brendel came by and played some Liszt (not on a piano, but on a shelf in the wall that sounded like a piano).  When I tried to play a passage from it he came by and showed me how to do it.  Then he goes upstairs and the rest of the party follows him up there while I stayed in the basement practicing Lizst on the shelf.

By the time I went upstairs to see what everyone was up to, it'd become a jungle and dinosaurs were coming in through a time portal.  The party was pretty much crashed.

Offline rebby

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: May 06, 2007, 09:04:34 AM
I already know shortyshort cos he is my stepdad, but i would like to meet imbetter to show him that i am better. And i would love to meet Thal, and R n B would be a laugh to meet. but i love ya all.
just cos i act like a biaatch.....doesn't mean i am one!!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: May 06, 2007, 09:22:50 AM
I already know shortyshort cos he is my stepdad

Why does he have no friends, the poor guy?

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,24789.msg278715.html#msg278715

Offline shortyshort

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: May 06, 2007, 11:38:48 AM
I already know shortyshort cos he is my stepdad, but i would like to meet imbetter to show him that i am better. And i would love to meet Thal, and R n B would be a laugh to meet. but i love ya all.

I think you may find that i'm beter is actually better. But i'm sure i'm better would not boast that he's better anymore, as i'm better seems to have grown up a bit since thinking of his name.

You'd like to meet R n B, he'd like to meet you. Perhaps it is the faint sound of wedding bells that i can hear in the distance. lol.

You could come down the pub with Thal and me, and throw peanuts at a.hinton while he's trying to look something up in his dictionary.

Shorty
If God really exists, then why haven't I got more fingers?

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: May 06, 2007, 11:52:23 AM
he's been coming home early all week.  non-human violence has it's place. >:( ;D
what is sad is that the 5 year old wanted those chips in her lunch today.  i put them in a bag thinking 'she's going to wonder why they are so small.'
lolz!! ... predigested chips ::) ;D ... easier on the esophagus...hehheehe....

member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: May 06, 2007, 02:40:29 PM
i doubt very much alistair brings his dictionary to the pub.  he might bring his friend jonathan powell, though.  imagine alistair never overdrinks.  i think he would be the designated driver.  sometimes you really need people like this!

surprsingly, the five year old never complained.  perhaps she was afraid to ask.  anyways - it is the first time i didn't throw the bag out.  they were only in 1/3's and not crushed to smitherines.  it depends on how mad i am.  the sound of crushing chips or eggs makes me feel better afterwards. 

rc - that was an interesting dream you had with alfred brendel.  interesting - the idea of playing on a shelf.  did you ever have the dream analyzed?

Offline shortyshort

• PS Silver Member
Reply #88 on: May 06, 2007, 03:42:34 PM
i doubt very much alistair brings his dictionary to the pub.  he might bring his friend jonathan powell, though.  imagine alistair never overdrinks.  i think he would be the designated driver.  sometimes you really need people like this!

I thought that he would be like me, and not have any friends.

Agreed, it's always good to have someone to drive you home after a skin-full. He would be OK for that. Fits in well with having someone to go to the bar for you. If you can find one person to do both, even better. But I would tell Rebby not to continue throwing nuts at him while he was driving. That might be dangerous.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: May 06, 2007, 07:52:40 PM
alistair, imo, would be very good company.  i think he's very charming.  if only - the jonathan powell concert wasn't the day before our anniversary.  i've been trying to think of ways to get around it.  fly in three days early - leave the moment the concert ends.  fly all night - hope to be alive the next day. 

i'd definately like to meet anyone who attends this concert.  i don't venture far from airports when travelling.  ususally jsut go to destination and back so i don't get lost.  my son was trying to talk me out of it, though, because in his opinion i would spend too much money?!   

anyways - i might attempt to renew hope on the passport just in case something works out.  i wonder if the $475. round trip ticket price will ever appear again.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #90 on: May 06, 2007, 09:38:30 PM
You could come down the pub with Thal and me, and throw peanuts at a.hinton while he's trying to look something up in his dictionary.
There's a fair few variables there. Firstly, you'd have to make sure that you went to the same pub as Thal, etc. and at the same time. Then you'd have somehow to contrive that I could be persuaded to attend the same pub at the same time. Then you'd have to ask me if I would be prepared to bring a dictionary there (though why you would do this seems as unclear to me as why I would consider acceding to such a bizarre request). Then you'd have to buy some peanuts. Then you'd have to ensure that you'd first of all recognise me in that pub and be certain that your state of inebriation was of sufficient insignificance to enable you to have the faintest chance of accurate aim (always assuming that you first considered peanuts purchased at your own expense worth wasting on such an exercise) - and even then you'd have to make due allowance for whether and how successfully I might duck any such nutty trajectories. Frankly, for what it may or may not be worth, I'd almost rather someone attempted to throw peanuts in my general direction than offer me any, as I cannot stand the things...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #91 on: May 06, 2007, 09:49:33 PM
I thought that he would be like me,
Nice to know that you have a massively large imagination, however ill directed it may be. "Never apologise, never explain", a former governor of the bank of England once said; well, that may be abit harsh in certain circumstances, but "never assume" would surely make a more workable alternative - and one which you'd do well to espouse.

and not have any friends.
The number and nature of your friends and mine are, respectively, our own prerogatives.

Agreed, it's always good to have someone to drive you home after a skin-full. He would be OK for that.
Who would? If you mean me, how would you know? To begin with, what makes you think that I'd agree to do so, whether or not you'd had a "skinful"?

Fits in well with having someone to go to the bar for you.
What does? I'd imagine that, if you really have no freinds (as you say is the case), you'd have quite a problem in getting anyone to go to the pub with you in the first place, let alone go to the bar once there and get you drinks.

If you can find one person to do both, even better.
If you could find one person to do either, you'd presumably have achieved something of no mean significance.

But I would tell Rebby not to continue throwing nuts at him while he was driving. That might be dangerous.
What you might tell her is up to you but, since the entire chain of circumstances that you put forward exists nowhere outside your imagination, that would seemingly be a matter for the two of you alone.

Getting out more might be a good idea for you; you'd probably be wise to have some nice quiet solitary walks first, however, before going a few stages farther and venturing to the pub in the company of others.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: May 06, 2007, 09:52:06 PM
alistair, imo, would be very good company.  i think he's very charming.
Merci, ma chère.

if only - the jonathan powell concert wasn't the day before our anniversary.  i've been trying to think of ways to get around it.  fly in three days early - leave the moment the concert ends.  fly all night - hope to be alive the next day.
Can't change the concert date now, I'm afraid; just come anyway - you're more than welcome.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: May 06, 2007, 09:54:26 PM
...R n B would be a laugh to meet. but i love ya all.

:)

LOL shorty!  I would have to see her before that happened...  =P

Oh yeah, and I would like to meet Bach n Rach too.

RnB

Offline shortyshort

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: May 07, 2007, 09:38:28 AM
Dear Alistair  :-*

Will you be my friend ??? :'(

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: May 07, 2007, 11:44:31 AM
Dear Alistair  :-*

Will you be my friend ??? :'(
I do not know you personally and am not sure what meaning you ascribe to the symbols that you add to your request, but I will certainly endeavour not to be unfriendly towards you on this forum, just as I would in the case of any other forum member.

I'm sure that, in reality, despite your earlier statement on the subject, you must have other friends some of whom live locally to you and all of whom you know personally.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline rebby

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: May 08, 2007, 05:21:05 PM
1. m1469
2. opus10no2
3. m1469
4. ahinton
5. m1469
6. Cristalsound
7. m1469
8. lichristine
9. m1469
10 m1469
and what about me thal lol

Offline rebby

• PS Silver Member
Reply #97 on: May 08, 2007, 05:35:45 PM
After reading posts down the page a bit, i think i have come to the conclusion that:

my step dad, shorty short, thinks he can hear wedding bells in my near future, and
R n B doesn't know cos he thinks i might be ugly. Right, stuff the pair of you.

And why is it now that no one but R n B wants to meet me. Even my own step dad didn't put me. So this is the thanks i get for the sh*t i have put up with at home from you Shorty, well fine.

p.s. all of the above was written in anger, but now, i have realised that i was joking. I love you shorty, and wedding bells only come in near future with Jake, the boy i fancy at boarding school, and R n B, if you think i am ugly, too bad, cos i have one heck of a personality. Just shows you that only my family and FRIENDS shall see it. Ha ha, stuff you. I always knew that boys never grew up. So Thal, you are the only one i want to meet. Every one else wants to meet m1469 and others. Well good for you. Bye bye losers.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: May 08, 2007, 05:46:07 PM
hmmmm... rebby, it seems that I would enjoy meeting you  ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #99 on: May 08, 2007, 06:29:15 PM
Yeh, me to rebby.

I will do a revised list and erase one of my m1469's.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert