Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: How are you?  (Read 20627 times)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you?
Reply #450 on: July 03, 2010, 05:50:13 AM
I love reading your posts now! ;D  I remember when I started piano, I was with an awful awful teacher who used to balance a pencil on the top of my hand and said if it fell I was not playing correctly and my hand would deform!  :o( She used to threaten me not to go ahead of the music she gave me.  But I read the whole book on the sly after only 2 lessons, and I was only 5 years old!  ;)  I hated her. >:(  You sound like you have a great teacher!  (But if you feel daring, try something on your own! ;)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #451 on: July 04, 2010, 07:35:36 PM
I love reading your posts now! ;D  I remember when I started piano, I was with an awful awful teacher who used to balance a pencil on the top of my hand and said if it fell I was not playing correctly and my hand would deform!  :o( She used to threaten me not to go ahead of the music she gave me.  But I read the whole book on the sly after only 2 lessons, and I was only 5 years old!  ;)  I hated her. >:(  You sound like you have a great teacher!  (But if you feel daring, try something on your own! ;)

Thanks  :D That sounds like a scary teacher! My teacher is cool! Sometimes she does get a little angry too but most of the time she is really nice :) You started learning piano really early, I started kinda late  :-\ but now I REALLY LOVE it!!!  :P   8)  I will try something on my own too  :)  :P  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #452 on: July 14, 2010, 08:00:57 PM
So I'm a little sick now... not a lot just a little :) something under my ear is swollen and it hurts. And I'm more tired and sleepy... today I slept till 1 pm!!!  :o and in the evening I just fell asleep on the floor  :) And my fingers are tired too... yesterday I was practicing two Etudes a lot and I was playing them kinda ok already but today my fingers didn't want to work like they should anymore specially when I wanted to play quietly  ::) oh well.... we'll see how it will be tomorrow :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #453 on: July 15, 2010, 05:01:07 AM
Isn't it awful when you're sick and you can't practise? :'(  Or don't even WANT to practise?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #454 on: July 16, 2010, 12:43:24 PM
Well until now I don't think it ever happened to me that I wouldn't want to practice, but sometimes I couldn't... like when I had a really bad eye infection and all I could do was cry and sleep :) but I still wished I could practice :) and when I was able to open one eye at least a little I went to practice :)... but it is very annoying if something hurts and if you're tired and you can't practice like you would want to  :( Well now I feel a lot better already :) And I'm a little better at playing too :) I'm learning really a lot of new pieces now :) but I'm not completely sure if I'm learning them right cause I can't ask my teacher now  :-\ ... oh well... I hope it's okay  :P
But it's very very hot here now. Well at least if you're sick your body doesn't have to work very hard to give you a fever :) cause it's so hot you have a little fever all the time :) but I think it's going to rain very soon now  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #455 on: July 18, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
Well I knew it :) it did rain yesterday evening and today and it's still cloudy  :P but it's still hot! :) And I'm ok even though my dad doesn't want to speak very much  ::) because yesterday my mum had to go to water the garden and flowers at where she works and I went with her too to help her and we went at 9 in the morning and we came back at 12.30 and now my dad is angry cause we were gone for so long and because my mum didn't prepare breakfast and coffee for him before we went and he doesn't speak very much now  ::)  ::)
But I was jumping on a trampoline yesterday :) and I wasn't only watering the garden and flowers but also myself :) and there are also swings there and slides (but those are a little too small for me :) cause my mum works in preschool :) ).
And also I think I'm getting better at those pieces I'm learning to play now :) still don't know if I'm doing everything right but I'm getting better :)  :P  :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #456 on: July 19, 2010, 05:14:44 PM
How am I right now?  I guess you could say I'm ecstatic and excited about my first day of retirement!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  No more bitchy divas, stupid tenors and obnoxious incompetent conductors!  I can now dedicate my life to myself, ONLY.  On my list of things to do:
Rachmaninov-Wild, Vocalise
Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet Suite
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #457 on: July 19, 2010, 05:38:15 PM
Congratulations old chap.

I will have to carry on working until 70 so that we can keep Somali asylum seekers in $10,000 a month luxury rented houses.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #458 on: July 19, 2010, 07:34:03 PM
That's what you get for being the most democratic (?) nation in the world... ::)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #459 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:47 PM
today when I woke up my tummy was hurting and I felt kinda sick... I felt like I would have to much water or something in my tummy  :-\... maybe I ate too much ice cream yesterday and then it was soooo much of it that it didn't melt right away  :o , but then it melted during the night and so that's why I felt like having too much water or something in my tummy when I woke up  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D but i'm ok now  :P

Offline wert718

• PS Silver Member
Reply #460 on: July 23, 2010, 05:08:45 PM
I feel good today, thank you.  8)
John 3:16

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #461 on: July 24, 2010, 03:26:43 PM
I'm feeling fine and dandy now that things here are getting more action here and
that people will be more social also....I am happy to see tds here after about a year
of not seeing him, and hopefully some of the others will return to PS that hasn't been
here for a long while.... :)  It will be a very hot and sunny day where I live... a heat wave this weekend!    I'll need my sunglasses for sure!   8)
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline point of grace

• PS Silver Member
Reply #462 on: July 24, 2010, 04:39:02 PM
i'm fine thanks! =P
happy aniversary to me =) (9 months with my boyfriend!)
Learning:

Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
Brahms Op. 79 No. 2
Rachmaninoff Op. 16 No. 4 and 5

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #463 on: July 24, 2010, 07:01:31 PM
I never thought I'd say that but I really want my classes to start again. I'm tired of staying home all day and I miss my college friends (that live in other city). My parents just sold the store they've been owning since the 80's. I'm richer than never :D
My old piano is going to be completely restored. It's great, but it also means I won't have a piano at home for at least 1 month. :(
I really wish the chat room were opened again. I miss you guys.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #464 on: August 02, 2010, 12:51:51 PM
I'm ok :) but just a little sad maybe too  :-\ cause I think everyone is on holidays now and everyone is going somewhere but we're just at home and I don't know if we'll be going anywhere at all this year because we don't have so much money cause where my mum works now (it's a private preschool) and they haven't paid her for some time and they should pay her now like 3000 eur!  :o but she doesn't know when they'll pay her. And also my best friend is not here and we always had so much fun during the summer holidays and we were doing all sorts of things and going somewhere and went swimming but now she's not here  :(
but well I guess it doesn't matter that much...  :P

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #465 on: August 02, 2010, 04:57:10 PM
I just have a feeling that the month of August is going to be a very slow and very
tedious for me to go through.... :( 

Offline wert718

• PS Silver Member
Reply #466 on: August 05, 2010, 03:14:54 PM
I'm excited about prcticing Balakirev's Islamey!!  8)

Upset about moving prospects.  :(
John 3:16

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #467 on: August 06, 2010, 10:35:12 PM
Right now I'm very very very happy, because I just got an email saying I passed the audition for free piano classes with the piano teachers from the university where I study Architecture!
They opened a project for teaching pianists that aren't studying music in the university. The audition was yesterday and I got very nervous, made lots of little mistakes.
But I guess it didn't matter much because they chose me!
 ;D
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #468 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:11 PM
I say, well done that girl.

Damned good show.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #469 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:55 AM
Right now I'm very very very happy, because I just got an email saying I passed the audition for free piano classes with the piano teachers from the university where I study Architecture!
They opened a project for teaching pianists that aren't studying music in the university. The audition was yesterday and I got very nervous, made lots of little mistakes.
But I guess it didn't matter much because they chose me!
 ;D

Congratulations, Bella!  Well done!   ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #470 on: August 07, 2010, 12:15:06 PM
Yes congratulations Bella!  :) so now you can study architecture and piano too!  :)  :P  8)

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #471 on: August 07, 2010, 02:06:33 PM
Yes! Thank you guys, I'm very excited about that! But I need to keep all my grades high, if I want to have those classes, or they will give them to someone else, it's how it works. I hope I won't have too much trouble on that.  :P

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #472 on: August 09, 2010, 06:58:39 AM
Congratulations, Bella. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #473 on: August 16, 2010, 07:29:37 PM
I feel like I have a fever  :-\  ::) And my ear hurts a little and my mouth cause something is swollen again in my mouth!  ::) And it hurts when I eat and drink!  ::) But I don't care, I don't feel that bad otherwise!  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #474 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:05 AM
So I'm sick now  :) but I'm better today than I was yesterday evening. But it still hurts when I eat! But yesterday everything hurt, but it's funny cause when I get sick and I start to feel like everything hurts it makes me feel really funny and I feel like laughing  ;D Cause it feels like everything tickles me or something  ;D And it's kinda cool cause I imagine how my antibodies are fighting the germs and I'm like go my antibodies you can do it you can beat those germs!!  ;D  8)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #475 on: August 18, 2010, 02:34:15 PM
So I'm sick now  :) but I'm better today than I was yesterday evening. But it still hurts when I eat! But yesterday everything hurt, but it's funny cause when I get sick and I start to feel like everything hurts it makes me feel really funny and I feel like laughing  ;D Cause it feels like everything tickles me or something  ;D And it's kinda cool cause I imagine how my antibodies are fighting the germs and I'm like go my antibodies you can do it you can beat those germs!!  ;D  8)

Hope you feel better soon, littletune   :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #476 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:30 PM
Hope you feel better soon, littletune   :)

Thank you!! :) Well I think I'm a little better than yesterday already :) so I hope I'll be ok soon!  :)

Offline fenz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #477 on: August 19, 2010, 02:22:23 PM
hope you get well soon littletune  :)
Hope someday I'll be a good pianist ^.^

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #478 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:59 PM
hope you get well soon littletune  :)

Thank you very much!  :)  :)

Offline fenz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #479 on: August 19, 2010, 02:28:22 PM
i'm sad because my student didn't practice  :'(. last week she did well, but i'm little confused why she didn't play well yesterday  :-\. is it normally or maybe i had doing something wrong? (i admit that sometimes i do same thing like her too)
Hope someday I'll be a good pianist ^.^

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #480 on: September 22, 2010, 06:33:38 PM
My fish is not ok  :( and I'm sad  :(  :( I wish I knew what to do to help my fish!!  :( :'(

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #481 on: September 23, 2010, 12:08:50 AM
My fish is not ok  :( and I'm sad  :(  :( I wish I knew what to do to help my fish!!  :( :'(

Fish tanks are not easy to maintain. You need to change the water periodically (but never the whole water at once), care about the nitrite and nitrate, about the nitrogen cycle, the water hardness, the pH value and temperature, all this relating to the specific fish species that you have got in there. Some need harder water, some need very soft water, some are easier to keep, some are delicate.
And even if you observe every specific value carefully it can happen that fish get sick or die and you don't know why. They can have all sort of viruses and infections, they can be sick already when you buy them in the pet shop and you won't notice it for quite a while...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #482 on: October 11, 2010, 01:07:55 PM
Oh well I'm not very great again! Well I'm a little sick, but that doesn't matter. I will go to music theory today anyway. But what's really bad is that my fish got worse again  :( We gave him medication and he was better and looked really ok.... but now he's just getting worse  :( and I guess the medication is not working anymore  :( I feel soooo bad I can't even describe! I wish so much I could help him! But I just don't know what I could do. And noone else knows it either. I feel like I should be doing something to help him! And it makes me soooo sad cause I can't do anything  :(  :'( And then also my bird is acting kinda weird! I mean he doesn't look sick or like there would be something so very wrong with him, but he just almost never sings anymore and he doesn't go out of his cage...  :( So I'm worried about him too!  :( I'm getting really tired because of all this! I worry so much all the time and then I try not to think about all that so much but then I start feeling really bad and like I wouldn't care enough about my animals and like I have to think of something to help them.  :-\ Well I don't know... We'll probably take my bird to the vet. And well I don't know if it would be ok to take the fish to the vet  :-\ . We'll see I guess.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #483 on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:09 PM
You learn something new everyday.  I had no idea there was medication for fish.  I can understand what you're going through.  When I was twice your age, I went frantic over my guppies because there was a small one that the others tried to eat.  I did succeed in separating them, but it died a few days later anyway.  Nature has to take it's course.  Let me tell you a story.
A while ago, I found a bird outside my picture window.  It had evidently flown into the window and was dazed.  Not wanting my cat to find it, I picked it up and put it in a cage.  I fed it for the next few days until it was well and able to fly.  One day, I opened the cage and bid it farewell patting myself on the back for having done such a good deed.  Know what happened?  The bird  apparenly loved the fare I served him when he was in the cage and decided to come back for more the next day.  THAT was when my cat got him... :-[

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #484 on: October 11, 2010, 01:31:29 PM
Oh well yes... we tried saving a little bird once too. It fell out of the nest. And it was eating at first but then died during the night  :'( It's just really sad sometimes  :( I hope there is some other universe that's not that sad.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #485 on: October 12, 2010, 12:56:56 PM
Well I don't have to go to school this week. Cause I'm sick. I mean I don't feel so very bad, I'm just sneezing and coughing a lot and have a little fever and things like that. I started feeling worse yesterday after music theory... I just hope I can go to my piano lesson tomorrow anyway  :-\ Well I don't know...  :-\ My animals are kinda the same as they were...  :-\
Music theory was cool yesterday... except we didn't have enough time for dictation, but our teacher wants us to write one every time, so it was all really fast... so it was a little confusing... I thought that maybe I'll have billion mistakes... but I had just 3 again... and again the same as last time.... just cause I wrote one note too high  ::)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #486 on: October 12, 2010, 10:12:43 PM
Bummed out.  I need to figure out how to take a break from everything.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #487 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:39 PM
Well I'm still sick... but I went to my piano lesson anyway....  :P I really don't wanna miss any piano lessons!!! So now I'm tired....  My animals seem a little better  :-\ but I don't wanna say anything...  :-X And tomorrow we have to take my bird to the vet.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #488 on: October 14, 2010, 06:49:00 PM
Well the veterinarian said it doesn't look like there would be something very wrong with my bird :) looks like he just hurt himself once when he fell (he's a little clumsy), he got some medication so it won't hurt him and some vitamines and then we'll see if he feels better then.
And I'm soooooo sleepy now :) My mum said I look horribe, that I look really sick, but I don't feel so very bad.... just very sleepy now :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #489 on: October 14, 2010, 11:11:20 PM
Zoned out...  :-X

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #490 on: October 21, 2010, 01:56:03 PM
 :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #491 on: October 23, 2010, 12:55:25 AM
Uber frustrated.  I can't find a cassette tape from years ago.  I know I liked the music.  I thought I knew who the musician was... But I've searched online in their discography and can't find the album.  I'm pretty sure I've got the right musician... It's not quite making sense....

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #492 on: October 23, 2010, 05:31:47 AM
Dementia?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #493 on: October 23, 2010, 12:51:26 PM
No I think it must be something like... maybe Bob remembers something from another dimension you know! And in that dimension things are different than here and that musician really had that album Bob is searching for, but in this dimension they don't have that album...  :-\ Bob I think you should try to find it in another dimension!  8)

Offline pianissimo123

• PS Silver Member
Reply #494 on: October 25, 2010, 02:46:07 AM
feeling rather lazy right now... I want to go to sleep and dream the night awaay... ::) ;)
music is a harmonic connection between all living beings.
music is not a machine running by means of inviable mechanisms.Not at all.Music is an organization of possibilities

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #495 on: October 25, 2010, 03:16:27 AM
Confused (and a little sick but anyway...).

I posted last night.  I know I did.  And... I just searched.  No record of it.  Weird.

I posted that I was uber-relieved.  I did find that recording finally.  It was a different performer.  Very similar sound -- One where you can 'think' it into sounding like someone else.  So yes, I did finally find that recording.   And had to troubleshoot and fix my computer along the way. 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #496 on: October 25, 2010, 12:18:35 PM
Well but of course Bob! That's because you posted in another dimension!  :o Just like I said!  :P Oh and I hope you get better soon!!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #497 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:06 PM
That's possible.  *Bob wonders if it's possible he is accessing the internet of another dimension.*

I'm just glad I'm not a superhero today.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #498 on: October 26, 2010, 12:47:00 PM
It has been a while since I've been here....busy with art work and music.
I don't spend as much time here as before....oh, well, that's how it goes...

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #499 on: October 26, 2010, 03:57:37 PM
I don't spend as much time here as before
[/quote]Tell me your secret.  :'(
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert