Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: How are you?  (Read 20658 times)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you?
Reply #500 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:56 PM
I don't spend as much time here as before
Tell me your secret.  :'(

I've lost interest in this forum(sometimes I need a break from a forum; I'm also a member of an art forum, look at my profile here for the webpage to my gallery) and I'm busy in my real life with art work.  I do paintings and drawings and don't have much time in the day.  Plus, I have to practice piano and violin, therefore the day goes by quickly.  I teach only 7 piano students which is the lowest number I've ever had since 2005....due to the economy.  I used to have over 10 students.  I have been feeling quite discouraged about not having enough students and therefore, I hope to sell my artwork.  I'm in the process of getting them framed which takes expense and I don't have the $$ to do that.  I have several pieces of artwork that needs to be framed.  Plus, hoping for 5 of my oil paintings to be accepted by a jury next month so that my works can be on exhibit in a gallery in my hometown in January and hopefully I can get them sold. 
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #501 on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:47 PM
It has been a while since I've been here....busy with art work and music.
I don't spend as much time here as before....oh, well, that's how it goes...
Hi Go! :)

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #502 on: October 27, 2010, 01:09:30 AM
Hi Go! It's been a while since I was here too.

Right now, I'm really nervous about piano performance today.
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #503 on: October 27, 2010, 02:31:49 AM
Hi Go! :)

Hello, Littletune!  How are you? 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #504 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:12 PM
Well I'm kinda ok now :) thanks! I'm starting to learn my first Sonatina!!  :)  :P  8)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #505 on: October 28, 2010, 04:45:05 PM
Well I'm kinda ok now :) thanks! I'm starting to learn my first Sonatina!!  :)  :P  8)

That's great!  :)  I love Sonatinas also   8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #506 on: November 01, 2010, 04:17:10 PM
Well I feel kinda boring for writing this AGAIN but... I got sick again!!!!!!  ::)  ::) I'm not sure what's wrong with me... but lately I'm just sick very a lot! And then I had a dream I was in a hospital! And I think it was for cancer  :(  :-\ I'm a little worried!  :-\ Oh well whatever  ::)
AND of course the neighbours AGAIN!!!  ::)  ::)  ::) The woman downstairs said I was playing piano at 10 pm  :o  :o  :o which is sooo not true cause I have of course never ever played piano that late, the latest was 9 pm and even that was just very few times and with the middle (silent) pedal!!! and then she said we were walking too loud and moving chairs too much and closing the windows too loud, and that we should get new windows which wouldn't be making so much noise and new slippers. And she said we were making noise all days and nights!!!  :o  ::)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #507 on: November 01, 2010, 04:31:56 PM
Tell that hag to get a life!  And a villa in the country while she's at it - that way she can live in peace!  >:(
Dreams have a tendency to tell it like it isn't.  Did you know that?  For example, if you dream of dying, it means you're going to live a long life, etc.   :D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #508 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:39 PM
Tell that hag to get a life!  And a villa in the country while she's at it - that way she can live in peace!  >:(
;D  :P Yes I think she should do that too... but I don't think she likes nature very much  :-\ so I don't know if she would like to live in the country  :-\
Dreams have a tendency to tell it like it isn't.  Did you know that?  For example, if you dream of dying, it means you're going to live a long life, etc.   :D
Thanks :) I sure hope it's like that!!! It was weird in that hospital!!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #509 on: November 18, 2010, 08:41:59 PM
I am sooo sleepy!!  ::)  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #510 on: November 19, 2010, 08:14:12 PM
Today I am even more sleepy than yesterday!!  ::) I can't believe it! How annoying! Now I'll have to go to sleep really soon!  ::)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #511 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:20 PM
Me too. been feeling run down.

Slept a lot yesterday and again today.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #512 on: November 19, 2010, 11:16:10 PM
Me too. been feeling run down.

Slept a lot yesterday and again today.
Sometimes you just have to do that in order to recharge the batteries (as the cliché has it) - not that I appear to be any good at taking my own advice here...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #513 on: November 20, 2010, 12:41:18 AM
I was OK until I heard that Time's Arrow.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #514 on: November 20, 2010, 09:59:10 AM
I was OK until I heard that Time's Arrow.
Ah, so you did hear that recording on NMC, then? Presumably you didn't much care for it.

Curiously, I once heard it live as the first half of a programme in which the second was Payne's realisation of Elgar's Third Symphony; it was remarkable how the two seemed to act as foils for one another...

Anyway, I hope that you're feeling better now.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lalag

• PS Silver Member
Reply #515 on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:44 PM
I'm feeling kind of defeated.  The mail is unopened for a month now, the house is getting to be a huge mess, I didn't practice for a whole week because of anxieties about life, economy, and the stability (or not) of my family. 

Then...I realized I was obsessing too much, lost a lot of time this week, and I feel defeated because somehow I have to get back on track, quickly, so that I can catch up on work, housework, piano practice, and grocery shopping to get ready for making Thanksgiving dinner. 

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that now my 9-month-old has taken that long-awaited and now dreaded step....crawling, everywhere, and I haven't baby proofed the house yet!  It's too much.  I feel so overwhelmed, but somehow better for having come clean about it. 

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #516 on: November 20, 2010, 06:19:29 PM
It's reading posts like this that make me realize how easy I have it!
I'm sure you can do it.  Take each day as it comes and never obsess over one thing.
And you have the joy of that new life to give you inspiration!  ;D

Offline lalag

• PS Silver Member
Reply #517 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:11 AM
Oh thank you birba.  That is so true.  My son is such an inspiration to me.  And it's so cute when he dances to my piano practicing. 

I decided to take it easy, one thing at a time, and I can't believe it but that really helped.  I had a few hours of no stress and enjoyed myself with my family.  It was wonderful.

Thanks again,

Laura

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #518 on: November 22, 2010, 02:24:51 PM
My eye is not ok!!  ::) But fortunately it's not ok just on the outside so it doesn't hurt that much just feels weird and looks weird  ::)  :P
Oh and the sun is shining today after a loooong time! It's nice and cool!!!  :)  :P  8) And I have music theory today  :P but tomorrow I don't have piano lesson because my teacher doesn't have time so I have it again on Wednesday.  :P  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #519 on: November 23, 2010, 08:01:48 PM
Well my eye is getting better  :) but I don't know why I have so many eye infections!  ::) and yesterday and today my head hurt too  ::) and yesterday my mum and me were arguing for just no reason  ::) so I was sad  :( but today we're not arguing anymore and I got some new piano books!!!!!  :P  :P  :P  :)  8)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #520 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:20 PM
You'd best prepare yourself.  You're getting to the age when you'll be disagreeing more and more with your mother.  But don't worry, it's part of growing up!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #521 on: November 24, 2010, 08:32:21 PM
Thanks Birba :) well I hope I won't be arguing too much with my mum cause it makes me sad when we argue  :( My mum's friend has a son who is 11 and they are arguing really a lot for just stupid things...  :-\

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #522 on: November 24, 2010, 09:03:49 PM
I have not argued with my mum for 30 years.

Me good boy.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #523 on: November 25, 2010, 08:22:17 PM
That is very nice Thal!!!  :)  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #524 on: November 30, 2010, 09:05:32 PM
I am ok... but there are some things that are not so ok  :-\ like our neighbour, the woman that lives downstairs... she is just horrible!!  ::) she wrote a letter again about how we were making noise ALL the time and jumping and playing piano (of course)... and we think she is probably a little crazy because she just starts banging on the wall when we are all just sitting and we're all quiet  ??? or maybe she is hearing something from some other apartement, but she thinks that we're the only ones who are making noise  ::) cause sometimes we can hear noise too but she says that she knows that it's all coming from us! She wrote in a letter that we should move into a house so we could make noise and jump and play piano... but I think SHE should move into a house if everything bothers her so much! She said we were not normal. Well if being normal means being like her then I sure don't wanna be normal!!! But it's really stupid now cause we're arguing because of her, cause my dad starts saying that we are talking too loud and that I'm walking too loud and he even said that I was laughing too loud... and I said if maybe I was also breathing too loud and that maybe it would be best if I just stoped breathing. (and then my mum said that wasn't funny)... and my mum is now all sad and they're arguing and all that.  ::)  Oh well  :P
And another thing is that I'm worried about the pieces I'm supposed to play for Christmas recital  :-\  I understood something that my teacher told me wrong ... and I guess I learned it the wrong way and I'm a little confused now...  :-\ well we'll see I guess...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #525 on: December 01, 2010, 12:17:49 AM
Je suis fatigué.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #526 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:41 PM
Je ne suis pas fatiguee mais je suis un peu triste.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #527 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:22 PM
Pourquoi?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #528 on: December 01, 2010, 08:36:12 PM
You speak French Birba?  :P

Well it's because of our neighbour  ::) and cause my mum and dad started arguing about all that and cause my dad then starts saying to my mum that she is not even a good mother and things like that and then my mum is sad... and I'm sad cause it's really my fault that they're arguing so much, cause my dad thinks my mum shouldn't even be paying for my music school and he says that piano was the stupidest and unnecessary thing she ever bought and he thinks she buys me everything I want and lets me do whatever I want. And then I also have some problems with the pieces I'm supposed to play for Christmas and I'm afraid I won't even have enough time to learn them well and then I think what if I'll play really bad at the Christmas recital and then my dad will think: oh we pay so much for music school and she has a piano but she can't even play.  :(
Oh well....  ::)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #529 on: December 02, 2010, 07:27:14 AM
First of all, you can't let this thing between your parents get you down.  Their differences regard only them, even if you are used as a pretext for disagreement.  I had a similar situation at home and my father couldn't for the life of him figure out this piano thing.  The only kick he got out of it was showing off my perfect pitch to friends when they came to the house.  It was like circus tricks!  But, at least, he was proud of me about something... You have the additional problem of a nasty neighbor who's the one actually causing all this havoc.  You know what you should do?  At the recital, before playing, dedicate your performance to your mom and dad who are supporting you in your endeavors, with a special thanks to your dad who puts up with your practising!   You might warn your mother before so she knows what's up. 
At any rate, you have to begin thinking like a grown-up and realize that these problems are not really problems that regard you.  Get on with your life and do what you have to do!!!  You're a very sensitive and talented girl and you can't let these household hastles get in the way!   ;D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #530 on: December 02, 2010, 07:29:25 AM
P.S.  I speak English, Italian, French, Japanese so-so, and basic German!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #531 on: December 02, 2010, 08:31:06 PM
Thank you Birba! You are very nice!!! :)  :)  8)
And you know what happened today or last night (or whatever that was  :P ) First that woman from dowstairs started banging on the wall when I was going to bed, and I mean I guess it was because my dog and my cat started playing and my cat threw her ball into the door and it made a little noise (but not anything that horrible), but I guess it was too much  ::) and then at 3 in the morning that woman started banging on the wall again!!! for just no reason!  :o at least we don't know what the reason could be... and then a little before 6 in the morning she started again!!!  ??? I was still sleeping (but then I woke up because of that) and my mum and dad were awake and were just talking about why was she banging on the wall at 3 am, and just then she started again! And that was actually a good thing cause my dad saw that she was banging on the wall for just no reason! because before that he was always saying that me and my mum were doing something wrong, so now he saw that it was for just NO reason AT ALL! so now he thinks she is crazy too!  :P so that was really a good thing!  :P
You speak really A LOT of languages Birba! I wanna learn a lot of different languages too!  :P

Offline weissenberg2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #532 on: December 03, 2010, 01:33:06 AM
I have not posted in quite some time. Things got boring, and still seem that way. Although, I will probably be around for the next week or so (maybe longer)
"A true friend is one who likes you despite your achievements." - Arnold Bennett

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #533 on: December 03, 2010, 07:39:42 AM
Well, Monday's the big day.  A bone transplant.  I'm scared shitless...well, maybe not that much, but I am scared a little bit.   :o
Littletune, when you get my age, you'll be speaking twice as many languages.  ;D
I'm thinking of posting something today or tomorrow, because who knows how long it will be before I'm able to sit at a piano again!   :-\

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #534 on: December 03, 2010, 02:56:58 PM
You'll have a bone transplant Birba?  :o You mean like a surgery?
Well I think it would be really cool if you posted something!  8)
I'm thinking about posting my Christmas pieces  :-\ If someone would have some advice cause I'm really confused about them...  :-\

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #535 on: December 03, 2010, 05:02:05 PM
What kind of advice?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #536 on: December 03, 2010, 08:30:10 PM
Well I guess any kind of advice  :) I'm confused  :-\ I don't know if I'm playing ok at all... well I don't know... maybe I'll post something in student's corner... I'll see  :)  :P  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #537 on: December 03, 2010, 08:30:26 PM
Well, Monday's the big day.  A bone transplant.  I'm scared shitless...well, maybe not that much, but I am scared a little bit.   :o
Littletune, when you get my age, you'll be speaking twice as many languages.  ;D
I'm thinking of posting something today or tomorrow, because who knows how long it will be before I'm able to sit at a piano again!   :-\

Birba, I wish you all the best and good luck for the transplant!!!

I'd be scared too, of course...  :-\

I hope everything goes well, (well, I am sure everything goes well!!!! :) )

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #538 on: December 03, 2010, 08:32:19 PM
Well I guess any kind of advice  :) I'm confused  :-\ I don't know if I'm playing ok at all... well I don't know... maybe I'll post something in student's corner... I'll see  :)  :P  :)

Audition Room, please! :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #539 on: December 03, 2010, 08:42:27 PM
Birba, I wish you all the best and good luck for the transplant!!!

I'd be scared too, of course...  :-\

I hope everything goes well, (well, I am sure everything goes well!!!! :) )

Yes me too!! ... for all three things...  I mean for all three sentences  :) We'll all be thinking about you Birba!!!  :)  8)  :) hugs  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #540 on: December 03, 2010, 08:44:09 PM
Hmm... well...  :-\ I think it's still pretty bad  :-\ that's why I need advice  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #541 on: December 03, 2010, 09:56:42 PM
Good luck Birba.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #542 on: December 04, 2010, 08:46:50 AM
Thanks guys.  Just in case I don't get back... ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #543 on: December 04, 2010, 02:11:02 PM
Thanks guys.  Just in case I don't get back... ;D

Birba don't say that!!!!!!!! You HAVE to come back!!! We need you here!!! Cause you're so cool!!!  8) 8)  8)  :P  :)
And also I don't know why you're so afraid of posting your playing! You know you're really good don't you?! I think someone should say this to you too
:) :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #544 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:25 PM
I'm really sad  :(  :'(
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert