Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Etude Op10 No12  (Read 3160 times)

Offline danhuyle

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Etude Op10 No12
on: February 27, 2011, 07:49:48 AM

Forgive me if it's too slow.
Perfection itself is imperfection.

Currently practicing
Albeniz Triana
Scriabin Fantaisie Op28
Scriabin All Etudes Op8

Offline becky8898

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude Op10 No12
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:00:56 PM
Hi dan. Your forgiven and your doing exactly what your supposed to be doing when learning one of chopins etudes. My teacher always says the difference between those who learn to play there pieces well and those who dont is that poor performances are by people who when they first start learning a piece play to fast and when they think they have learned it cant play fast enough with enough control. Keep learning, Keep getting better.

Cheers, Becky

Offline danhuyle

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude Op10 No12
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:07 AM
Thanks for the nice words. I heard your playing of the Chopin Fantasie, you've got good control. I didn't learn to play with a metronome in my first 10 years... The great thing about Chopin Etudes is that they're easy to memorize once you get it.

When I first learned this back in November 2004, I, like many, tried to play as fast as I can. Later on during my final year as an undergraduate in music, I realized how important it really was to keep the rhythm and tempo under control. Also, literally counting aloud is an important skill to have as well.

I stopped playing piano from 2008 - 2011 since a lot of the pieces I learned back when I was studying music wasn't learned correctly and it was hard to fix.

It's about keeping the rhythm and tempo under control. Once you have it memorized you can begin to work on rubato and all that other stuff.
Perfection itself is imperfection.

Currently practicing
Albeniz Triana
Scriabin Fantaisie Op28
Scriabin All Etudes Op8

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert