Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Ligeti Etude 10  (Read 828 times)

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
Ligeti Etude 10
on: January 05, 2024, 05:08:51 PM
I would love some feedback on this. One of the hardest pieces I have ever played!
The repeated notes between the hands are often tough to come out- a problem I don't have in 1 hand). This recording isn't "perfect" but it's finally reaching a point where I feel the main elements of performance are coming through. :)

Offline pianistavt

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ligeti Etude 10
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 02:17:48 PM
What a great accomplishment - memorized too.  Congrats!
I haven't listened to Ligeti etudes much, though I see they've gotten a lot of traction, for contemporary music, so I can't give any comparative feedback.  I thought it was an excellent performance - very clean and clear.
Thanks for posting something different!

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 03:13:29 PM
What a great accomplishment - memorized too.  Congrats!
I haven't listened to Ligeti etudes much, though I see they've gotten a lot of traction, for contemporary music, so I can't give any comparative feedback.  I thought it was an excellent performance - very clean and clear.
Thanks for posting something different!

Thanks so much! I missed this until now. I appreciate your words. Yea, they are quite fun. I am looking at several more of them right now. They are (almost) not approachable, but I find the learning process of them so engaging and worth while. :)

Offline mmccarthy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 05:41:35 PM
I've listened to a couple Ligeti albums, but this piece is new to me. Nice work! Very crisp. And amazing Fazioli, haha.

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 06:05:22 PM
I've listened to a couple Ligeti albums, but this piece is new to me. Nice work! Very crisp. And amazing Fazioli, haha.

Thanks so much. His Etudes are top tier. I recommend Fredrick Ullen for the complete set. Outstanding! And thanks for your comments. The Fazioli helps for sure! :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert