Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: I wish ...............  (Read 6229 times)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Re: I wish ...............
Reply #100 on: November 27, 2012, 03:23:01 AM
I wish that I could relive some moments in my life.

I wish I could feel that way....

But no, what's gone is gone and what's done is done...I have no interest in the past...and can't remember much about it anyway  :(

Offline perprocrastinate

• PS Silver Member
Reply #101 on: November 27, 2012, 04:56:39 AM
and can't remember much about it anyway  :(

That's what makes the past so great.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:03 PM
...there were more of these people than the multitude of jerk offs/twerpes that seem determined to outnumber them by a hefty margin.....

*faith in humanity restored (for now....)

click and read. it is worth it, unless you're a jerk off/twerpe. in which case, you're a pooh head.
https://9gag.com/gag/6001815

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #103 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:39 AM
I wish I could get a piano bench that is not too low, but most benches that are high enough crush my upper legs. (I'm 6'7" with rather long legs, arms, and fingers)

Offline chopin2015

• PS Silver Member
Reply #104 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:30 AM
I wish I could get a piano bench that is not too low, but most benches that are high enough crush my upper legs. (I'm 6'7" with rather long legs, arms, and fingers)
I wish i was taller  ::) 
"Beethoven wrote in three flats a lot. That's because he moved twice."

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #105 on: December 06, 2012, 01:03:07 PM
I wish i was taller  ::) 

No you don't. Being tall can be a huge inconvenience.

Offline perprocrastinate

• PS Silver Member
Reply #106 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:52 PM
No you don't. Being tall can be a huge inconvenience.

Maybe I'll walk around in shoes with 1-foot tall soles for a day to experience that.

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #107 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:04 PM
Maybe I'll walk around in shoes with 1-foot tall soles for a day to experience that.

Yeah... not the best idea. Being tall is inconvenient, and 1-foot soles would be really hard to walk in.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #108 on: December 07, 2012, 12:13:13 AM
I wish I didn't have this bloody flu...I can't stop coughing and everything aches... and hardly any sound comes out when I try to speak. Of course I got sick when I have two days off work >:(

But I did practice quite a lot today regardless...must get well before my lesson on Monday.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #109 on: December 07, 2012, 12:21:17 AM
I wish I didn't have this bloody flu...I can't stop coughing and everything aches... and hardly any sound comes out when I try to speak. Of course I got sick when I have two days off work >:(

But I did practice quite a lot today regardless...must get well before my lesson on Monday.

For you:

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #110 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:26 AM
Thanks  :)
Tee might be nice for a change...I have been consuming a lot of blackcurrant juice...

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #111 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:39 AM

I'm sorry. Being sick is never fun. Hope you get better soon! In the meantime, drink lots of fluids, rest, and hope for the best. I find vegetable soup particularly effective.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 11:08:49 PM
Hope you get better soon! In the meantime, drink lots of fluids, rest, and hope for the best.

Can't sleep because of the cough and now I am a bit worried about my lesson on Monday...
Must get well because I guess it isn't appropriate to go to a lesson coughing and sneezing and full of snot  :(

I have not cancelled one lesson with my present teacher (since September 2011) and in my case it's a bit of a miracle...I have started and not finished more courses than I can remember because I'm just too lazy to go every time and eventually drop out.

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #113 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:55 PM
Can't sleep because of the cough and now I am a bit worried about my lesson on Monday...
Must get well because I guess it isn't appropriate to go to a lesson coughing and sneezing and full of snot  :(

I have not cancelled one lesson with my present teacher (since September 2011) and in my case it's a bit of a miracle...I have started and not finished more courses than I can remember because I'm just too lazy to go every time and eventually drop out.

I'm really sorry. Hope you get better! I've been feeling a bit under the weather myself. Like I said, vegetable soup is very effective for mucus, sore throat, and flu.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 05:08:01 AM
I did go to my lesson and I'm happy I did. I was able to play one of my pieces through almost the way I wanted with only a couple of tiny mistakes and my teacher said it sounded beautiful. And she certainly does not say things like that often. Of course there was also a comment how to make the right hand better (it's a bit hard to adjust the balance with such a different piano than mine), but that's ok, I'll keep working on it :)

One more lesson and then 3 weeks break. I got 3 more pieces to work on plus the ones I struggle with now so I will be quite busy... so many notes to learn... I wish I'll be able to play them all in January.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 02:32:57 PM
i wish i knew why people like her so much (and dislike the other one just as much apparently.... ::) )

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
i wish i knew why people like her so much (and dislike the other one just as much apparently.... ::) )

I wish (or do I really?) I knew who these people are?

Offline nj61

• PS Silver Member
Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 06:32:57 PM
I wish no one had to worry about affording or accessing the basics of life like food, electricity, water etc.  And all children should have access to music lessons, they were subsidised when I learnt but not anymore :(

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:48 PM
I wish (or do I really?) I knew who these people are?
i didn't know who they were until pretty recently (and even then i found out by 'accident' not on my own accord)....trust me you're not missing anything...lol

oh brother ::)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #119 on: December 11, 2012, 09:20:34 PM
i didn't know who they were until pretty recently (and even then i found out by 'accident' not on my own accord)....trust me you're not missing anything...lol

I don't know...maybe I should start reading magazines so I would not be so dumb on such important things... I do get some, but they only have pictures of computers and other cute stuff or space thingys...

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: I wish ..(RPG Gamers Will Understand).....
Reply #120 on: December 15, 2012, 01:22:25 PM
I wish we could level up in piano like this, with a cool little theme song going off from some mystrious unknown place and maybe some shiney piano power rays shooting out of you like in the midst of practicing or after you nail a performance or complete an assignment lol

I felt inspired (though perhaps my 'paint' skills need much work-i couldn't make white letters to add to the stock image!)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #121 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:36 PM
I'm a level 199 in piano and have lots of programs to hack the game. I can pk all the nubs, I respect and learned a lot of the leets but have pwned a few. My guild is about 200 strong, though many nubs there have been a few leets who have emerged .... oh yeah I also wish what enrique says :)
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #122 on: December 29, 2012, 03:32:09 PM
i wish i had more people like this around me.....

lol

Offline chopin2015

• PS Silver Member
Reply #123 on: December 29, 2012, 04:25:41 PM
i wish i had more people like this around me.....

lol

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh my, I just googled physics pick-up lines. "You're more special than relativity".

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #124 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh my, I just googled physics pick-up lines. "You're more special than relativity".
that's rad! lol

Offline chopin2015

• PS Silver Member
Reply #125 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:46 PM
that's rad! lol

Also, friends we used to call each other bromine and broton...what happened to the good old days!

<3

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #126 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:41 PM
i wish more classical music audiences (i.e. concert hall attendees), showed this much enthusiasm sometimes.  i am not really a fan of the non-word 'woo' but i i do like the idea of that type of energy from the crowd in a concert hall that probably doesn't see it too often.

i'm not saying that the more 'proper' ovations we sometimes here are bad, just that i wish audiences would loosen up a little sometimes and let out some more spirited approval/appreciation for musicians on traditional stages.

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert