Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Decent Christmas Carols  (Read 2854 times)

Offline starstruck

• PS Silver Member
Decent Christmas Carols
on: December 01, 2011, 12:12:50 AM
I'm not asking much, really. I'm simply tired of Google giving me pages and pages of Easy Piano to wade through.

Pffft.

While a quickly learned arrangement is just what your average Joe Schmoe is looking for, we are clearly beyond "easy" here. So I picked out some of the ones I would like to hear a nice embellished version of and made a little list.

~ George Winston's Carol of the Bells - a classic
~ Silent Night
~ Jingle Bells - ubiquitous
~ Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Obviously I'm not looking for a twenty page epic musical journey into the intricacies of Christmas, but something that looks imposing, sounds nice, and is fun to learn is exactly what I'm looking for! :D

I would really prefer a free download, as that saves me a lot of hassle and several extra steps, but it's really not required.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Decent Christmas Carols
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:37 AM

Offline tsveti

• PS Silver Member
Re: Decent Christmas Carols
Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:20:11 PM
Thank you so much for this upload. Have yourself a Merry Christmas! :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert