Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 152343 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Re: What are you listening to right now?
Reply #1651 on: September 29, 2023, 08:13:55 PM
Not listening to anything right now - last thing I heard was a recording of D 850 2nd movement over on Pianosociety (which isn't active at all anymore for some reason)
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1652 on: April 04, 2024, 01:17:58 PM
This guy's improv except of Gershy's Summertime, wowzer
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7088161624011812864?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Same composer pianist wrote this ,  I corresponded with him and got the score for this beautiful piece (sad story behind it) and considering learning it later this year if progress on other stuff rolls out quickly enough , still super pretty to listen to so playing regularly;

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #1653 on: April 10, 2024, 02:15:12 PM
I suddenly wanted some Rubinstein in my life again and listened to his recordings of the Chopin Polonaises today. It's all high quality stuff but some of them he really owns. I'm glad I revisited these recordings.

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1654 on: April 12, 2024, 09:55:54 PM
Alicia de Larrocha's recital of Albeniz Iberia + Navarra encore at Carnegie Hall. I haven't heard this recording before, the recording quality isn't as good as the other one I know (from Royal Festival Hall) but glad it popped up on my YT suggestions

i=S-WOK3PieqHRRqTL

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1655 on: April 29, 2024, 05:02:20 AM
Heard this today, and it was quite an experience. I think it's the first time I've ever heard Andriessen.

xAlesE6MVMuv0s-JJmc6D8&index=1
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert