Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 440052 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's on your mind right now?
Reply #1550 on: July 20, 2010, 04:38:26 AM
How stupid a pop musician looks onstage when they're clearly lip syncing.  Dance around, fake sing.... It looks a bit silly.  I wonder what the performer is thinking when they're doing that. 
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline gep

Reply #1551 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:58 AM
Sorry - I thought that it had commenced at what I assumed to have been the advertised time of 2.30 p.m. and my reference to its ending at 1.30 p.m. was a typo for 1.30 a.m.! That said, as the perforamance really did end at 0.30 a.m., did he take rather shorter intervals than the c.35 minutes and c.55 minutes that he took in Glasgow 12 days previously?

Best,

Alistair
First interval 30mins, second 45mins. And he played both the second and third movements in about 15mins less time than planned, so instad of the expected ent time of 1.05AM the end came at 0.30AM.

It was a most stupendous and elative experience to be there.... :o

Have heard no reports from anyone that went
You might have a look at the Sorabji Archive website's Forum:
https://www.sorabji-archive.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=273

How stupid a pop musician looks onstage when they're clearly lip syncing.  Dance around, fake sing.... It looks a bit silly.  I wonder what the performer is thinking when they're doing that. 
Let me just say that in my opinion pop and "classical" are both forms of music in the same sense that soot and diamonds are both forms of carbon.

gep
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1552 on: July 20, 2010, 09:35:08 PM

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1553 on: July 23, 2010, 03:55:28 PM
I wanna know how much out of tune is my piano... I think it's a little less than half tone... but probably I'm wrong :) I tried it like I pressed one key on my piano (a g cause I like singing that one :) ) and then I was singing it like mmm and went to my keyboard and then I pressed a g there and a f# and I tried that a few times and then I kinda thought that my piano is almost half tone out of tune.... but I don't know if I was singing that right all the time because my piano and my keyboard are in different places so i had to breath while I was going from one to another so I had to stop singing and so I'm not sure if I started singing exactly the same again :) :) :)   ::) I think I will try again :)

Offline wert718

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1554 on: July 23, 2010, 04:02:10 PM
Analytic geometry and Spanish are on my mind.  :P
John 3:16

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1555 on: July 23, 2010, 05:30:12 PM
I wanna know how much out of tune is my piano... I think it's a little less than half tone... but probably I'm wrong :) I tried it like I pressed one key on my piano (a g cause I like singing that one :) ) and then I was singing it like mmm and went to my keyboard and then I pressed a g there and a f# and I tried that a few times and then I kinda thought that my piano is almost half tone out of tune.... but I don't know if I was singing that right all the time because my piano and my keyboard are in different places so i had to breath while I was going from one to another so I had to stop singing and so I'm not sure if I started singing exactly the same again :) :) :)   ::) I think I will try again :)
What would we do without littletune here at pianostreet.com? :'( ;D

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1556 on: July 23, 2010, 11:02:21 PM

If you have a friend that plays violin they might have a tuning fork in their case. Then you'll know for sure. On many keyboards you can adjust pitch so it should be fairly easy to get both the acoustic and the electronic to match.

I see a lot of discussion about ear training here on this board. In my day it was not a big deal to be able to take musical dictation, etc. If it is, then an earnest student should try to get all her instruments playing the same pitch as the lessons and tests use.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1557 on: July 24, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
Well my best friend was learning to play the violin for 5 or 6 years (from 5 or 6 till 11 years old) but she didn't like it at all, so she stopped :( and I tried to convice her to play so we could someday play together but she doesn't want to... and now she's in London till October  :-\
I know my piano HAS to be tuned!! But I'm not sure when exactly... maybe in August or September  :-\ we'll see  :) i can't wait!  :)  :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1558 on: July 24, 2010, 03:20:13 PM
Chat room and tds is on my mind!   ;)   ;D   8)    :-*
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1559 on: July 24, 2010, 05:26:06 PM
Well my best friend was learning to play the violin for 5 or 6 years (from 5 or 6 till 11 years old) but she didn't like it at all, so she stopped :( and I tried to convice her to play so we could someday play together but she doesn't want to... and now she's in London till October  :-\
I know my piano HAS to be tuned!! But I'm not sure when exactly... maybe in August or September  :-\ we'll see  :) i can't wait!  :)  :)
Tell me littletune, what kind of piano do you have?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1560 on: July 24, 2010, 05:59:06 PM
Tell me littletune, what kind of piano do you have?

I have a Kawai. Do you want to know exactly which one, cause I have to look then I don't remember exactly anymore  :-[  :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1561 on: July 24, 2010, 06:03:49 PM
Is it a grand piano - baby grand, half grand, etc.?  Kawai is a good solid piano for a student.  the other day I played on a young Chung.  It was the first time.  it wasn't bad.  better then a lot of yamahas. :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1562 on: July 24, 2010, 06:11:50 PM
I was trying to remember if littletune was French.  Or maybe that was lucylucy.  And maybe I'm having deja vu again.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1563 on: July 24, 2010, 06:14:23 PM
I get the feeling she's english.  Hey, littletune, what's your nationality? :D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1564 on: July 24, 2010, 06:18:30 PM
No it's an upright piano  (we don't have that much money and space for a grand piano). And it's even a small upright piano (console piano). I didn't even think I will ever have a real piano, I was supposed to get  a digital one, but then me and my mum went to a piano store and they only had real pianos and they convinced my mum that it's a lot better that she buys me a real piano :) :) :) I was soooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!! i still am!  :P  :P  :)  8)  8)

:) Bob why do you think I'm someone else again? :) I'm Slovene (or slovenian or how you say it :) ) but we have some realtives in Switzerland (and even in Canada) :) :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1565 on: July 24, 2010, 06:36:01 PM
My word...does it really matter where littletune comes from??? 
She's a sweet person and speaks out her mind.   :)
 I lived all over the world and it doesn't matter what nationality I am...GO figure   :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1566 on: July 24, 2010, 06:41:39 PM
I think I'm getting littletune mixed up with someone else again.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1567 on: July 24, 2010, 06:42:34 PM

It's okay, Bob...there's a lot of people in PS   :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1568 on: July 24, 2010, 06:45:14 PM

But why? I think you're just kidding :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1569 on: July 24, 2010, 06:46:34 PM
I know.  I know.  I wasn't kidding.  I just getting personalities mixed up. 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1570 on: July 24, 2010, 06:50:32 PM
Personalities?  ::) why do you get personalities mixed up?  :) I'm confused now  :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1571 on: July 24, 2010, 08:03:25 PM
Personalities?  ::) why do you get personalities mixed up?  :) I'm confused now  :)

I'm confused  now too on what Bob just posted!  personalities?   :o

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1572 on: July 24, 2010, 08:12:59 PM
Unusually, I have done about 3 hours practise, so that is on my mind at the moment.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1573 on: July 24, 2010, 08:15:17 PM
I'm getting littletune mixed up with lucylucy.  Never mind.  Proceed.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1574 on: July 25, 2010, 07:03:35 PM
I'm getting littletune mixed up with lucylucy.  Never mind.  Proceed.

I don't really understand how can Bob mix me up with lucylucy  :-\. I mean i don't know her but I read this thread from her
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=37180.0
and I'm REALLY not anything like that! Well I use a lot of smileys but not the way she does! I don't really understand the way she uses smileys  :-\ and I sure don't talk anything like her! Oh well  ::) it doesn't matter I guess  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1575 on: July 25, 2010, 07:35:16 PM
I think it was the smileys.  Too many people in the forum.  I can't keep track of them all.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1576 on: July 25, 2010, 08:03:00 PM
Oh god, I know.  In fact, the first time I read littletune, I mixed her up with that lucy nut.  The difference is night and day!! :o

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1577 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:37 PM
littletune is sweet and nice and it's great to have her around here   :)   ;D 
and she shared us what she's learning on her piano and that neat of her to do that   :)
Although I didn't know lucylucy, but read a few of her posts....abit uncomprehensible in my
opinion   :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1578 on: July 26, 2010, 02:18:46 PM
littletune is sweet and nice and it's great to have her around here   :)   ;D 
and she shared us what she's learning on her piano and that neat of her to do that   :)
Although I didn't know lucylucy, but read a few of her posts....abit uncomprehensible in my
opinion   :P

Thank you!!!  :)  :)  :) well i know I'm sometimes a little weird and stupid and annoying too... but  ;D I'm just me  :D  :P

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1579 on: July 26, 2010, 03:54:28 PM
Thank you!!!  :)  :)  :) well i know I'm sometimes a little weird and stupid and annoying too... but  ;D I'm just me  :D  :P

Oh, you are not annoying!    :)Last year there was a member(she was 12 years old), and she was rude to me and stole my profile icon to use on her profile.  I had to report to nils to ban her.  She made my life here miserable.  So, littletune, you are just fine in being you   ;D

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1580 on: July 26, 2010, 08:06:41 PM
I'm very glad littletune revealed her country. I thought Poland for the longest time seeing her posts. When she mentioned a National Holiday I'd never heard of I scratched Poland. During the World Cup there were teams from eastern Europe I couldn't place, only guess at where they were. Littletune, could you help me with a little geography? Is there a major river or two running through your country?
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1581 on: July 27, 2010, 05:44:35 AM
You really speak a perfect English, littletune!!!  I would have sworn you were english because you always say my "mum"! ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1582 on: July 27, 2010, 12:27:05 PM
You really speak a perfect English, littletune!!!  I would have sworn you were english because you always say my "mum"! ;D

Thank you :) :) :) I don't know why I say mum :) what should I say? mom? :) I don't know why I say somethings the way I do  ;D i guess I just get used to saying something don't know how and don't know when  ;D just happens  :D  :P

I'm very glad littletune revealed her country. I thought Poland for the longest time seeing her posts. When she mentioned a National Holiday I'd never heard of I scratched Poland. During the World Cup there were teams from eastern Europe I couldn't place, only guess at where they were. Littletune, could you help me with a little geography? Is there a major river or two running through your country?

My country is very small :) And yes my country was in the World Cup and we were playing against USA and UK  :D and we lost  ::) not that I care so much  :P
Well I think the major rivers in our country are river Sava, river Drava and river Mura. But they're major for our country, I'm not sure if they're major like for the world :) And they probably don't have the same name in other countries  :-\ And our neighbour countries are Austria and Italy and Croatia and Hungary. Oh and our country looks kinda like a chicken on the map  ;D
here's something about my country in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia
and about the geography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Slovenia   (except I don't know why it says we don't have any water cause we do  :-\ oh well  :) )
And you can ask if you wanna know something else  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1583 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:31 PM
Duh.  Cats who look like Hitler.  Or Kitler.

https://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigbest.pl

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1584 on: July 27, 2010, 07:11:36 PM
Bob you know what " Duh" means in my language? A Ghost!!  :o  ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1585 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:17 PM
Prikazen.  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1586 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:45 PM
Prikazen.  :P

where did you find that??  :o  :D  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1588 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:17 PM
https://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Slovenian

That's cool, i didn't even know there was something like that  :) and Bob do you know that "bob" also means something in my language  :D  :) (but it's not such a usual word)  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1589 on: July 28, 2010, 01:32:21 PM
tickbean, horse-bean

Some kind of small bean used to feed livestock.   ::)

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1590 on: July 28, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
My country is very small :) And yes my country was in the World Cup and we were playing against USA and UK  :D and we lost  ::) not that I care so much  :P
Well I think the major rivers in our country are river Sava, river Drava and river Mura. But they're major for our country, I'm not sure if they're major like for the world :) And they probably don't have the same name in other countries  :-\ And our neighbour countries are Austria and Italy and Croatia and Hungary. Oh and our country looks kinda like a chicken on the map  ;D
here's something about my country in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia
and about the geography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Slovenia   (except I don't know why it says we don't have any water cause we do  :-\ oh well  :) )
And you can ask if you wanna know something else  :)

Thank you! Yes, there are references on the net but it is always better to hear from someone on the ground. Your answer was just perfect for me.

Your team played very well and should be taken seriously. After all it is one of the 32 best teams in the world.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1591 on: July 28, 2010, 06:42:29 PM
Thank you! Yes, there are references on the net but it is always better to hear from someone on the ground. Your answer was just perfect for me.

Your team played very well and should be taken seriously. After all it is one of the 32 best teams in the world.

Thank you too :) I'm really glad if I helped you!  :)  8)

tickbean, horse-bean

Some kind of small bean used to feed livestock.   ::)
;D Be careful Bob that someone doesn't eat you by mistake!  :o  just kidding  :D  :P  :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1592 on: July 28, 2010, 07:37:34 PM
My postman put my Ponce in the dustbin.

Thal >:(
Curator/Director

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1593 on: July 28, 2010, 08:21:17 PM
What is Ponce?

Thank you too :) I'm really glad if I helped you!  :)  8)
 ;D Be careful Bob that someone doesn't eat you by mistake!  :o  just kidding  :D  :P  :)

Yes, if I got eaten by a bull, then the result would be about 50% of my posts.  Maybe I did get eaten by a bull.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1594 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:37 PM
Manuel Ponce
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1595 on: July 29, 2010, 11:40:27 AM

Yes, if I got eaten by a bull, then the result would be about 50% of my posts.  Maybe I did get eaten by a bull.

Bob you shouldn't say bad things about yourself and your posts! You're cool  8)  :) and your posts are cool and funny too (most of the times) :)  :P  :P

Offline wert718

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1596 on: July 29, 2010, 02:57:46 PM
Breakfast.
John 3:16

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1597 on: July 29, 2010, 04:31:05 PM
Breakfast.

Soon will be time for lunch.   8)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1598 on: July 29, 2010, 05:19:57 PM
Or second breakfast. :)  And the post-breakfast snacks.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1599 on: July 30, 2010, 06:56:17 PM
Rain. It's just raining so much now, and it got really cold too. First it was very very hot and now it's too cold for summer! Today when I woke up it was really cold! And now I'm sneezing!  ::)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert