Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: What's up in your life right now???  (Read 10125 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's up in your life right now???
Reply #200 on: October 24, 2010, 01:48:08 AM
I have got a cold.

Thal

I hope you feel better soon, Thal :).

Best,

Alistishoo (excuse me)

Bless you :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #201 on: October 24, 2010, 07:12:59 PM
I have got a cold.

Thal
Hope you get better soon Thal! Are Dougs and Hinty and Wolfi and all the others feeling ok??

Who are some of the composers of the sonatinas?
Hmm well... I don't think they are so very known  :-\ So I guess you won't like that  ::)  :P
They are: J.B. Vanhal, C. Gurlitt, C. Reinecke, J.A. Andre, J. Pleyel, T. Haslinger, D. Steibelt, F. Spindler, H. Spittler, oh and also: D.G. Turk,T. Attwood.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #202 on: October 24, 2010, 07:30:32 PM
A nice batch of composers. Vanhal wrote a few Sonatines Progressives which i think would be ideal for you at the moment as you begin to develop your technique.

Spindler also wrote a fair bit for youngsters and his music can be fun. He wrote a extremely flamboyant Piano Concerto that i totally failed to play despite considerable hours spent.

Perhaps one day you will give the World Premier.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #203 on: October 24, 2010, 07:54:21 PM
That's cool!  8)  8) Well I'm really glad I have Sonatinas from these composers then! :) I hope I start learning them really soon!!  :P  8)  8)

Offline pianissimo123

• PS Silver Member
Reply #204 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:37 AM
Trying to take each day as it comes, never underestimating the power of a smile. Remembering the happy joyful simple times, forgetting the negativity. Working at becoming the teacher I always needed...and could possibly have... right now it's too hard to tell. Everything is everywhere... :-* :-* :-\ ::)
music is a harmonic connection between all living beings.
music is not a machine running by means of inviable mechanisms.Not at all.Music is an organization of possibilities

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #205 on: October 25, 2010, 06:10:24 AM

Hmm well... I don't think they are so very known  :-\ So I guess you won't like that  ::)  :P
They are: J.B. Vanhal, C. Gurlitt, C. Reinecke, J.A. Andre, J. Pleyel, T. Haslinger, D. Steibelt, F. Spindler, H. Spittler, oh and also: D.G. Turk,T. Attwood.
[/quote] No no, that's a great anthology!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #206 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:51 PM

No no, that's a great anthology!
Ok great then!!  :P  :)  8)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #207 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:40 PM
Is that Thomas Attwood?  Isn't that Koji on here?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #208 on: October 25, 2010, 04:57:03 PM
Trying to take each day as it comes, never underestimating the power of a smile. Remembering the happy joyful simple times, forgetting the negativity. Working at becoming the teacher I always needed...and could possibly have... right now it's too hard to tell. Everything is everywhere... :-* :-* :- ::)

I like this post very much :).  
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #209 on: October 25, 2010, 07:54:58 PM
Is that Thomas Attwood?  Isn't that Koji on here?
Well yes it is Thomas Atwood.... but I don't know about who is Koji on here...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #210 on: October 25, 2010, 08:00:00 PM
I had music theory today. It was cool!  8) I didn't have any mistakes when we were writing a dictation!  :) well.... except I turned some notes the wrong way  ::) and we were singing a canon, at least we were trying to.... we weren't all that good  ::) so we have to learn it really well for homework. It's a canon about intervals, it's funny...  :)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #211 on: October 26, 2010, 02:58:56 PM
Well yes it is Thomas Atwood.... but I don't know about who is Koji on here...

I haven't seen him around for awhile.  I think that's him.  He was getting a doctorate a few years ago.  I think I've seen his name a few other places too.

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #212 on: October 27, 2010, 04:39:58 PM
busy, soon to give 5 recitals in the course of 10 days
dignity, love and joy.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #213 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:02 PM
Well today was kinda weird at my piano lesson because when I played one piece, that i thought I had learned well, I was making really a lot of mistakes (and I wasn't making mistakes at home), but then there's this other piece that I really didn't expect I could play all that well (because I was still making mistakes when I was practicing at home) and I played it really well without mistakes and my teacher said I didn't need to practice it anymore and I was really surprised! So that was kinda weird  :-\ ... but it was cool anyway  8)  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #214 on: October 27, 2010, 07:38:34 PM

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #215 on: October 27, 2010, 08:17:18 PM
So there's a ghost on here.  Hmmm.  Who knew how to use the internet over a hundred years before it was around.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #216 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
Perhaps Thomas is an ancestor of Koji?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #217 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03:14 PM
An ancestor?  That sounds a little far-fetched to me. 

*Bob retains his ghost theory.*

:P ::)

Offline kayordee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #218 on: October 27, 2010, 11:32:33 PM
This afternoon I'm going to pick up my suit for my year 12 formal. I'm so excited because this is the first suit I'll own because I've never had to wear one before. Also, my final exams (HSC) are over soon - I have 2 more to go I'm over the moon!! After exams it means PARTY with all my friends!! 8)
Martelli vigoroso il piano con abbastanza forza per rompere le stringhe - Hehehehe

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #219 on: October 28, 2010, 03:59:19 PM
Congratulations! You're lucky. We had to RENT tuxedos. At least you'll have the suit for your first job interview..
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #220 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:31 PM
Well we have one more doggy now during the holidays until monday or tuseday.. she is very cute like a toy :) and I will also earn some money... and then I can get some new piano books!!  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #221 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:58 PM
I had piano lesson today! Because I will have my piano lessons on tuesdays now. And I'm starting to learn a Sonatina!!!  :P  :P In F major by J. B. Vanhal. Looks a little scary but my teacher played it for me and I like it a lot :) :)  8)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #222 on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:02 PM
I had piano lesson today! Because I will have my piano lessons on tuesdays now. And I'm starting to learn a Sonatina!!!  :P  :P In F major by J. B. Vanhal. Looks a little scary but my teacher played it for me and I like it a lot :) :)  8)

:) I am happy about this :)

Well I spent the whole weekend singing in a choir workshop with fellow musicians and it was a wonderful experience! :)

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #223 on: November 17, 2010, 06:52:22 AM
Well I spent the whole weekend singing in a choir workshop with fellow musicians and it was a wonderful experience! :)

That's cool, Wolfi! :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #224 on: November 17, 2010, 06:58:25 AM
I had piano lesson today! Because I will have my piano lessons on tuesdays now. And I'm starting to learn a Sonatina!!!  :P  :P In F major by J. B. Vanhal. Looks a little scary but my teacher played it for me and I like it a lot :) :)  8)
I wonder if she was "showing off"...only kidding, of course.  Is it the one that begins with an f major chord.  And then an ascending arpeggio?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #225 on: November 17, 2010, 07:54:00 PM
:) I am happy about this :)

:)  :P  8)

I wonder if she was "showing off"...only kidding, of course.
:P  :P  :)
Is it the one that begins with an f major chord.  And then an ascending arpeggio?
Hmm well I don't think so... it's like with the left hand (first 4 bars) you hold f all the time and play f,a,c,a and with the right hand you play f,a,f and c,a and c,f,a and a,f... I can take a picture of it if you want... but you'll hear it when I learn it anyway  :P  :) First movement is Andantino and the second one is Allegretto.
 8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #226 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
I am now playing 1st movement of my first Sonatina with both hands together... (the second one I still play each hand seperately) and today was really cool when I was practicing cause I wasn't making that many mistakes anymore  :)  :P and it's reallyyy cool!!!  8)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #227 on: December 11, 2010, 10:56:27 PM
I have earache and depression as a result of listening to Lennox Berkeley.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #228 on: December 13, 2010, 03:16:11 PM
Well I have a cold again!!!  :-\  ::) And a little fever well like something in between not a fever and a real fever...  :-\ Oh well  ::) And my mum is not home yet even though she said she would be home soon... and in December she is always coming home sooo late  ::) and she even forgot her mobile phone so I can't even call her...
And today I was dreaming that a bee flew into my mouth and I couldn't get it out and it was really scary and I couldn't breath through my mouth because of the bee but I couldn't breath very well through my nose either cause I had a cold in my dream too. So it was really scary! But then in the end the bee finally flew out of my mouth and I think that was at a doctor and I was really happy but then I started worrying about the bee and I thought we shouldn't just leave it at the doctor but that we should take it somewhere else. I have weird dreams!  :P Well I guess that's cause I'm weird anyway  :P  :P

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #229 on: December 21, 2010, 12:52:41 PM
I'm down to only 5 students, last week the twins will be moving to China....I had 7 students...
this is quite discouraging for me.  I use to have 21 students 2 years ago!  :P
Well, I'm considering a career change.  I am in the process of getting most of my art work
framed and visit galleries to get them displayed.  It may take awhile but hopefully it will
work out.  I will have 2 of my oil paintings on an exhibition next month.   :)I'm excited about
that and hopefully someone will buy my paintings.  Anyhow, life has a way of changing things.
I've been working hard on my art for over a year and it has been more rewarding for me.
If more students come along, then that's great....
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline dapianokid

• PS Silver Member
Reply #230 on: December 21, 2010, 05:49:58 PM
I will! waita... I hate art! I cannot understand it very well. I know that it is a setback and that there is much to grasp in it. It is like an amateur who cannot grasp the difficulty of pieces. A.K.A., me two years ago.. :)
You are breathing. But now, your doing it manually. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFI2cphuN0 <-- That's not music, it's a trip to heaven and back. :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #231 on: December 24, 2010, 03:53:58 AM
I'm down to only 5 students, last week the twins will be moving to China....I had 7 students...
this is quite discouraging for me.  I use to have 21 students 2 years ago!  :P
Well, I'm considering a career change.  I am in the process of getting most of my art work
framed and visit galleries to get them displayed.  It may take awhile but hopefully it will
work out.  I will have 2 of my oil paintings on an exhibition next month.   :)I'm excited about
that and hopefully someone will buy my paintings.  Anyhow, life has a way of changing things.
I've been working hard on my art for over a year and it has been more rewarding for me.
If more students come along, then that's great....

How about teaching art students too?

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #232 on: December 24, 2010, 04:22:02 AM
i'm not asian

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #233 on: December 25, 2010, 01:00:52 PM
How about teaching art students too?

I could teach, but right now I'm not in the frame of mind to deal with people.   
I think I'll work on my own and I have some great ideas on what to paint and draw,
starting next month.    :)
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert