Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Last post wins!!!!!  (Read 1124126 times)

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Last post wins!!!!!
Reply #16750 on: April 28, 2024, 10:22:33 AM
I am terribly sorry for my poor grammer earlier today: I was mildly drunk.

Oh jesus - are you jumping on the 'Courier New' bandwagon as well??? I'm usually sloshed 98% of the time and that hasn't stopped me from creating witty and banter-filled posts that question our reality and challenge our perceptions...

[sh*t, the absinthe is starting to wear off. ]

No, but you are

You...people...with your perfect pitches and all that.  Outrageous, outlandish, and I cannot tolerate it.

I wasn't born in England you bloody numpty... where the hell did you get that from??? Most of the Prisoners of Mother England (Pome) were ENGLISH, you daft pillock.

Online liszt-and-the-galops

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16751 on: April 28, 2024, 05:19:12 PM
Amateur pianist, beginning composer, conqueror of the Last post wins thread, creator of the Musical Madness tournament (2024).

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16752 on: April 28, 2024, 11:12:50 PM
I wasn't born in England you bloody numpty... where the hell did you get that from??? Most of the Prisoners of Mother England (Pome) were ENGLISH, you daft pillock.

Hey, who's your head of state, bright boy?

And, yes, that other dude should stop using Courier....it's confusing to me as well.

Here, have cartoon or whatever.

My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16753 on: April 29, 2024, 01:23:37 AM

This is one of the reasons I like cats more.
They don't need to pretend to be sharks to be as successful as them. They're more than that by themselves.
Amateur pianist, beginning composer, conqueror of the Last post wins thread, creator of the Musical Madness tournament (2024).

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16754 on: April 29, 2024, 02:38:57 AM
This is one of the reasons I like cats more.
They don't need to pretend to be sharks to be as successful as them. They're more than that by themselves.
Why do we have to opinionate that in the first place?
The only reason I have "favorites" is so that I could answer time-wasting worksheets on first day of school back in elementary school. Unless it comes to music.
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16755 on: April 29, 2024, 07:14:58 AM
Why do we have to opinionate that in the first place?
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16756 on: April 29, 2024, 11:21:53 AM

No one was saying that.
The second part is spot-on, though.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16757 on: April 29, 2024, 12:04:56 PM
Hey, who's your head of state, bright boy?

I don't know... some old fogey who's probably too senile to point to the country of Australia, even if he was given a globe with all the countries named on it.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16758 on: April 29, 2024, 12:52:26 PM
I don't know... some old fogey who's probably too senile to point to the country of Australia, even if he was given a globe with all the countries named on it.
This guy?

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16759 on: April 29, 2024, 02:30:19 PM
Well... the sovereign head of state is technically King Charles... but I think he's a useless old codger...

...but not as *** useless as that dopey shithead. And funnily enough - he isn't our Prime Minister. He got voted out for another useless prick who can barely say 2 sentences without mumbling like Snuffulupugus:

...and is about as useful as a sandpaper dildo. Sorry for the rant, but I really despise a lot of politicians.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16760 on: April 29, 2024, 02:56:36 PM
Well... the sovereign head of state is technically King Charles... but I think he's a useless old codger...

...but not as *** useless as that dopey shithead. And funnily enough - he isn't our Prime Minister. He got voted out for another useless prick who can barely say 2 sentences without mumbling like Snuffulupugus:

...and is about as useful as a sandpaper dildo. Sorry for the rant, but I really despise a lot of politicians.
My apologies. I just googled "leader of Australia" and hoped it would give me an accurate result.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16761 on: April 29, 2024, 06:43:59 PM
...and is about as useful as a sandpaper dildo.

OK, that's pretty funny.

See?  This is an educational thread! 

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16762 on: April 29, 2024, 10:04:57 PM

See?  This is an educational thread! 

Indeed.
I am educating you all in humility. ;D

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16763 on: April 30, 2024, 06:32:53 AM
Indeed.
I am educating you all in humility. ;D

Boy, didn't nobody never teach you to walk before you try to run?

Simmer down there.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16764 on: April 30, 2024, 10:23:40 AM
walk before you try to run?
I doubt very many people have done the opposite, and I doubt I was one of them. That was about 20 years ago though. How is that relevant to this thread?

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16765 on: April 30, 2024, 12:04:13 PM
My apologies. I just googled "leader of Australia" and hoped it would give me an accurate result.

I hope that Google served you well and showed you the great well that is his ineptitude. Deep and dark, and almost infinite.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16766 on: April 30, 2024, 12:11:51 PM
I hope that Google served you well and showed you the great well that is his ineptitude. Deep and dark, and almost infinite.
Just be glad you don't live in the US. The race is between a sane old man and an insane old man.
In the words of a comedian:
One of the candidates has been indicted on multiple counts and owes over half a billion dollars, and it's still a tie.

In the words of the president, he's a grown man fighting a six-year-old. I certainly don't disagree with that.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16767 on: April 30, 2024, 02:26:52 PM
Just be glad you don't live in the US. The race is between a sane old man and an insane old man.
In the words of a comedian:
One of the candidates has been indicted on multiple counts and owes over half a billion dollars, and it's still a tie.

In the words of the president, he's a grown man fighting a six-year-old. I certainly don't disagree with that.

I think the only thing Trump actually achieved is...

...making people all over the world grateful... that they don't live in the US.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16768 on: April 30, 2024, 02:36:21 PM
I think the only thing Trump actually achieved is...

...making people all over the world grateful... that they don't live in the US.
That, and turning an entire political party into a fascist cult.
The dude quotes from Hitler.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16769 on: April 30, 2024, 07:35:37 PM
Oh, no.  We don't use that name around here.  Or IRL.  That f*** freak has caused more vomit than is due...for so many years.  Since birth.

Make fun of the lady batsh** people, though, like MTG, Boebert, or Alina Habba.  At least they're entertaining and every bit as vile, reckless, and stupid.

Can't speak the name of that limp-wristed, tiny-fingered, no count, no taste, fat slob, though.  Won't allow it.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16770 on: May 01, 2024, 01:21:07 AM
Oh, no.  We don't use that name around here.  Or IRL.  That f*** freak has caused more vomit than is due...for so many years.  Since birth.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the person who attempted a coup or the one who was successful. They're practically indistinguishable at this point.

Note: Though the image is intended as a joke, the rest of the comment is serious.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16771 on: May 01, 2024, 01:50:45 AM
I'm not sure if you're talking about the person who attempted a coup or the one who was successful. They're practically indistinguishable at this point.

Agreed.  Millard Fillmore was one of the worst Americans.

And Paul Hogan was the finest Englishmen who ever lived.  He saved Wales and Cornwall from a herd of stampeding crocodiles.  Truly, an heroic person.

True story.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16772 on: May 01, 2024, 09:13:55 AM
Can't speak the name of that limp-wristed, tiny-fingered, no count, no taste, fat slob, though.  Won't allow it.

You mean we're not allowed to say

TRUMP???

Too much???    ;D

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16773 on: May 01, 2024, 10:29:52 AM
You mean we're not allowed to say

TRUMP???

Too much???    ;D
I'm going to side with j_tour on this one.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16774 on: May 01, 2024, 02:23:27 PM
I'm going to side with j_tour on this one.

I don't care... I don't live in America. If he becomes President for the 2nd *** time despite the allegations of corruption, bribery, witness intimidation and trying to silence anyone who speaks against him...

...you all *** deserve it.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16775 on: May 01, 2024, 04:20:02 PM
I don't care... I don't live in America. If he becomes President for the 2nd *** time despite the allegations of corruption, bribery, witness intimidation and trying to silence anyone who speaks against him...
Then he becomes a dictator, sides with Russia, and (most likely) aids in the destruction of most of the world's democracies.
Problem with that is: most people hate him. He won in 2016 because Russia meddled in the elections. If he wins this year, it'll be because of the same reason.
Well, that and the fact that he has a cult supporting him.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16776 on: May 01, 2024, 08:44:38 PM
Dammit.
Scott Morrison.
Paul Hogan.
Enough!

My word is final.

despite the allegations of corruption, bribery, witness intimidation and trying to silence

A bit more than allegations, really. 

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16777 on: May 01, 2024, 11:35:27 PM
A bit more than allegations, really. 
...A LOT more than allegations, really.

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16778 on: May 01, 2024, 11:38:56 PM
I'm glad there's somewhere on the internet where people are actually fine with openly complaining about this joke of a politician.

Won't get into what he has with Russia. Even domestically he's said far too much to have any impact on me.
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16779 on: May 02, 2024, 09:01:40 AM
My word is final.

Your word doesn't mean sh*t to me... I'll do whatever the hell I please.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16780 on: May 02, 2024, 09:19:30 AM
Your word doesn't mean sh*t to me... I'll do whatever the hell I please.

You best simmer down, son.  I don't much care for your attitude!   ;D

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16781 on: May 02, 2024, 09:31:06 AM

Well, sorry to have to agree with this howler monkey's statement, but that is true.

The old truism, "one gets the government one deserves," is a wise aphorism that holds steady over many centuries, and even applies to this rock of bull-headed stupidity, the US.

The time for Americans to resist and protest is, sadly, IMHO, pretty much over.  We're just watching this despicable ourobouros play it with its enablers on TV.  No, the candidate is incapable of communicating via speech.

It's deplorable, and an outrage. 

But, if people want their lizard alien Q-Anon treasoness incontinent fool....there's not much to be done except shake one head and say "what a bunch of a-holes!"

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16782 on: May 02, 2024, 10:41:14 AM
You DO realise you can post just one post and address/quote multiple people...

Your double posting only really matters in the 2nd last post wins thread... but I don't think many people care about that one.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16783 on: May 02, 2024, 11:11:52 AM
Your double posting only really matters in the 2nd last post wins thread... but I don't think many people care about that one.
Don't make us go down that rabbit hole again...

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16784 on: May 02, 2024, 12:44:29 PM
Don't make us go down that rabbit hole again...

We went down the rabbit hole already and I emerged unharmed and victorious.

More than happy to do it as many times as possible, just to egg you on.    ;D

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16785 on: May 02, 2024, 04:15:29 PM
We went down the rabbit hole already and I emerged unharmed and victorious.
If you emerged from that at all, you did so looking like a fool who can't do math.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16786 on: May 03, 2024, 10:42:05 AM
If you emerged from that at all, you did so looking like a fool who can't do math.

I emerged from it like a mother-*** phoenix...

Deal with it...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16787 on: May 03, 2024, 12:01:19 PM
Let's analyze that conversation, shall we?
1. Come back to me in a decade and we'll see which of these threads is more popular...

2. and technically the 2nd to last post thread wins thread is a cheat since most people will literally double post in a row.

3. Hell, most of the time YOU TRIPLE POST in a row.

4. You take away all those duplicate posts and chances are it would still be on its first page.
1. Blatant straw man argument. For shame.
2. Dang. I wonder why!
3. False.
4. The math (that you didn't do) proves otherwise.
1. I had a quick look at it before I replied, and there are several instances of you posting 3 times in a row.

2. In fact there are a number of instances of multiple people posting several times in a row.

3. Get over yourself... your thread isn't HALF as popular as this one is.

1. Seldom the case.
2. This got a good laugh out of me at the time. It isn't my thread.
3. I guess 4 times is technically multiple, so I won't mark off here.

Also, in the original version of this post, you claimed that nearly every single post is a triple post, which is somehow more wrong than the current version.
1. Many, MANY people have double posted to be honest, so it's still not a fair comparison.

2. Anyway, that thread will be dead in about 2 months anyway, lost to oblivion forever. This thread will forever keep going... until you peasants accept I am better and allow me the final post.
1. Once again, that is literally the point of the thread.
2. This was 2 months ago, and Second to last post wins is still going.

Your arguments were trash and demonstrated to everyone that you can't even swallow your own arrogance and admit that something you cherish is inferior.

Building off of an argument I made earlier, I'll just drive this point home.
STLPW has been going for 8 months and is on it's 223rd post.
8 months into LPW, it was at 98 posts.
Now then, which of these numbers in greater than the other? ;D

Oh, and you used an AI-generated image for the Phoenix.
LMAO.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16788 on: May 03, 2024, 01:13:48 PM
The fact that I live rent-free inside your head is all the revenge I need.

Seeing you seething and frothing at the mouth is angelic, sweet music to my ears.

Meanwhile - your rants, the insults and the sad rationalising about everything I say rolls off me like water down my back.

It eventually rolls down my arsecrack, drips to the floor to which I couldn't give a crap.

It's almost delightful. Also, I'm willing to bet you spent half an hour looking through my posts, thinking this would be an excellent burn - but I didn't really bother reading what you wrote... and whipped up my reply in 90 seconds.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16789 on: May 03, 2024, 01:47:59 PM
It's almost delightful. Also, I'm willing to bet you spent half an hour looking through my posts, thinking this would be an excellent burn - but I didn't really bother reading what you wrote... and whipped up my reply in 90 seconds.
lol.
That was funny.
I spent about 5 minutes on that post.

And no, you're wrong about the rest of it as well. I wasn't trying to "burn" you. I was simply pointing out the fact that the argument about popularity went horribly for you.
How pitiful it must be to have horrible social skills.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16790 on: May 03, 2024, 11:17:49 PM
I've remained on this thread for 11 years... I am going to win...

You are not, accept it.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16791 on: May 04, 2024, 02:23:26 AM
I've remained on this thread for 11 years... I am going to win...

You are not, accept it.
Once again, you'll lose by your own metric.
lostinidlewonder has been on this thread even longer than you have. If we're measuring the chance of victory by time spent on this thread, he'll be the winner.
Face it: there's not a metric you can reasonably use to measure chance of victory that puts you on top. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16792 on: May 04, 2024, 07:14:18 AM
Once again, you'll lose by your own metric.
lostinidlewonder has been on this thread even longer than you have. If we're measuring the chance of victory by time spent on this thread, he'll be the winner.

He's been on the thread a little more than 3 hours more than I have, and in the scheme of 11 years is essentially a draw. Also, notice his absence lately...

If we're measuring the the chance of victory by time spent on this thread... Then you've got NO BLOODY CHANCE!!!

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16793 on: May 04, 2024, 12:47:05 PM
He's been on the thread a little more than 3 hours more than I have, and in the scheme of 11 years is essentially a draw. Also, notice his absence lately...
I'm still winning. No need to put too much effort into this, I just post here and beat you, all your previous posts are nullified and lose to this simple post. I win, you lose, too easy.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16794 on: May 04, 2024, 02:35:25 PM
It may be the 'last post' that wins, but that you won't be the last one to post it... so none of your previous (or current for that matter) posts are valid as well and are essentially null and void.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16795 on: May 04, 2024, 03:18:13 PM
I can easily lock the thread and be last post winner, but I am beyond such a meagre game. I have you all enslaved to make me the no 1 thread creator of pianosteet. You may bow and kiss the ring... yes I did bathe, in your tears.
www.pianovision.com

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16796 on: May 04, 2024, 03:49:06 PM
That's still more. And since you seem so confident that the person who's been on this thread the longest will win...

Edit: The post below was so good I'm not even going to reply to it.

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16797 on: May 04, 2024, 04:35:34 PM
It never mattered how long you spent on this thread or how good your posts are, or anything else you use to decide who is best at this. You just need the last post, look at the title.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16798 on: May 05, 2024, 01:44:11 AM
The post below was so good I'm not even going to reply to it.

It wasn't that good... we all know that the last post is all we need, but my constant and repetitive record of posting here shows how tenacious and valiantly dedicated I am to winning this thread.

Just because some random person occasionally posts and claims a short lived win doesn't mean they are going to win because they're not present here enough to really win the ultimate goal... to be the last person to post in this thread... ever.

Just you watch - I will be the last person to post - that or Nils who will probably cheat and claim victory before locking the thread, laughing maniacally knowing the power he abused.   😁

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16799 on: May 05, 2024, 03:36:28 AM
Talking about winning in a last post wins thread is like talking about bread in a toaster while it's being toasted, or water in a kettle while it's being boiled.
www.pianovision.com
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert