Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Bach G major partita -- 3 middle movements./Some Rachmaninov  (Read 5630 times)

Offline ahmedito

• PS Silver Member
Hi. My first posts in the audition room were the sarabande and corrente from the G major Partita. Here I post the Allamande, Tempo de Minuetta and Passepied. For best results, check out my other two posts with the sarabande and corrente and listen to them one after the other, cause they are from the same performance (well, exam, so I was pretty nervous). There are quite a few screwups and slips, but Id really love to hear what you think. The recording quality is very good, it was taken by pros at the school.

The 4th one is the first few minutes from Rachmaninov's little elegiac trio (not the big one). The people recording it had trouble with their computer, so this was all that was salvaged, just the presentation of the theme by the piano.

... hope to hear from you. :)

EDIT 6 July 2005: Rachmaninov file removed
For a good laugh, check out my posts in the audition room, and tell me exactly how terrible they are :)

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
I think that these movements were also done very well  :). I was wondering, do you also have a recording of the Gigue from this partita? I am interested in learning this partita, and it would be nice to have a full recording.
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline ahmedito

• PS Silver Member
Im very glad to get some feedback. I am very glad you like it. I have the whole partita recorded, but I really dont want to post the praeambulum or the gigue, because I feel that in the particular performance recorded here, they were not very good. The praeambulum was VERY rushed and somewhat dirty and in the middle of the gigue I had a memory lapse and had to stop and redo a section. I dont like posting recording with which I am not at least minimally satisfied. I really recomend Rosalyn Tureck's version of this. It is INCREDIBLE. Gould's is way too crazy for my taste. If you insist, I am playing this partita at a recital in a couple of weeks, along with 2 bach preludes and fugues, 3 shostakovich preludes and fugues and 4 Scarlatti sonatas. Ill see if I can get a good recording (since this is in Mexico, not at my school in Madrid, where they record all the recitals) and Ill post it if it comes out better in the concert.

Thanks for replying :)
For a good laugh, check out my posts in the audition room, and tell me exactly how terrible they are :)

Offline ahmedito

• PS Silver Member
Removed my Martinu posts and Rachmaninov posts because I'm afraid that the rest of my trio wouldnt like me posting these. Ill probably post them again in september when I see them again. Im on summer vacation now, and since each one of us is from a different corner of the world (south america, north america and europe, and our oboist in martinu is from asia) its kind of hard to contact them.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert