Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Yundi Li's news. From Europe to Russia.  (Read 1583 times)

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Yundi Li's news. From Europe to Russia.
on: June 30, 2005, 08:29:44 AM
This just in:

I hate to translate, but I will do that this time.

2005.06.23 China Times

After 5 years of his glorious victory, the 23-years-old Yundi Li is saying goodbye to his young prodigy figure. According to him who arrived Taiwan yesterday, he was enthusiatic to annouce that he is recording the first Concerto disc in his career, and will study in Moscow at the same time concentrate on Russian music, besides from the breakthrough in career life, he is also gonna appeared in the Opening ceremony in Hong Kong Disney. Yundi Li has claimed this is his 'dream come true'.

Being protected by the aura of the victory, the audeince has grown to love what he is good at, and Chopin has become his most loyal programme. But in these 5 years, the Chopin-heavy programme has made him stuck in the similar programme. Even though adding LIszt, Schumann, it didn't help him too much for 'playing only romantic works' image. "During the 4 years study in Hannover, I have learnt much about the Euorpean and their culture. ANd I think it's time for me to explore a newer area."

"Next year I will concentrate on Russian works, like Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, and I will study with Lev Naumov, he is the studnet of Neuhaus." (Richter is student of Neuhaus.) "General public has misunderstood the Russian Pianists, they were being thoght as some insanely loud and furious pianists. But I have learnt much about Russian's rich culture from the music of Richter", Li said.

Besides learning in Moscow, Yundi Li has annouced he is going to record his first Concerto CD, which is the Chopin1st and Liszt 1st, which are conducted by james Levin and Seiji Ozawa. "I like to let my emotion to take me to different places, and I feel like I am in the right place of recording different kind of music."

Yundi Li is a perfectionist, one can observe that from his recording, in his soon-to-be-released album, he has recrdoed it twice totally in the Vienna Golden Hall (the one Horowitz played in), "The first time I recorded in the end of May, but the result is not satisfying. So I have re-recorded it several days again back in Vienna, I am very thankful of the cooperation of the record company."

After the Nike Commercial he did last year. This September, Yundi Li will attend the opening ceremony of the Hong Kong Disney. "I have went to the Disney in LA twice when i was small, the rollercoasters were very exciting and I loved it."

Besides music, Yundi Li loves to spend his spare time on cars, he has always dreamt of owning a Ferrari, and he is also very interested in fasion design. But when he was asked about the brand of his clothing. His replied was "Most of the memory i have has used on music, other stuff are usually easily forgotten!"

- translated by SteinwayModelD, July 27, 2005.
Perfection itself is imperfection - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Re: Yundi Li's news. From Europe to Russia.
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:20:22 PM
friggen hell

he's still doing the Romantic thing

he says it's not good to record all Romantic music and yet.... he wants to study Rach and Prokofiev

hah

cough
Fortune favours the musical.

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 06:07:34 PM
thanks for the translation

Offline Kassaa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 07:56:08 PM
It will probably help him to mature.

Offline pita bread

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 08:40:07 PM
And Lang Lang is playing the Bartok 2nd at the Walt Disney Hall in January.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert