Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Boesendorfer dealers in Australia?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline sumo

• PS Silver Member
Boesendorfer dealers in Australia?
on: July 01, 2005, 05:40:56 PM
Hi

I was just wondering if there are any Boesendorfer dealers in Australia, and how much they cost? I'm sick of piano choices limited to Steinway or high-end Yamahas/Kawais etc. However, I don't want to have to fly to Austria or something just to try a piano out. Also, anyone know about Farzioli's?

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Re: Boesendorfer dealers in Australia?
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:05:14 AM
I'm in Australia too and it annoys me that 95% of the pianos here are Japanese. =)

If you're interested in buying one, you need to directly contact the head office of Bosendorfer or Fazioli in Austria or Italy respectively. They'll be able to direct you to private importers; as far as I know there are few or no actual established showrooms for those two brands.

Sucks being in this musically-isolated continent.
Fortune favours the musical.

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 12:00:53 PM
I just want to express my sympathy to both of you, because I personally hate Japanese pianos as they have no soul, and I want to wish you luck finding something nice.  I hope it doesn't cost you a fortune to import a fine piano.

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 02:48:38 PM
Haha, thanks for your sympathies mate. ;)

I agree - Japanese pianos have no soul. Thankfully there are Steinway dealers here but for anything else, like Bosendorfers or Bechsteins or Faziolis... we have to shell out a few thousand extra to get them in. :(

Offline rachmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 02:09:26 PM
Re Farioli dealers near you in Australia - the only agent I am aware of in this part of the world is Sly's Pianos in Auckland New Zealand. I have been to their showroom to play on such an instrument...

https://www.slyspianos.co.nz/Fazioli.htm

rachmad

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:17:11 AM
A Fazioli dealer in NZ but not in Australia, eh....

*sigh*

Offline pion

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 12:27:11 PM
You can buy Boesendorfer pianos in Australia at Winston Musics in Adelaide: www.winstonmusic.com.au . They usually have one or two Boesendorfer grands in their showroom that they will let you play to your heart's content.

Also, those who think that Japanese pianos have no soul have obviously never tried either the Yamaha S6 or Shigeru Kawai grands.

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 01:41:36 PM
Yamaha S6 is beautiful, so is their CFIIIs.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert