Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Books on Ear training  that use the Piano  (Read 2642 times)

Offline BillH

• PS Silver Member
Books on Ear training  that use the Piano
on: April 07, 2002, 08:50:51 PM

Are there any books out there that focus on ear training but use the piano to realize it. So that the students can play though the excercises themselves.

Offline Mandy

• PS Silver Member
Re: Books on Ear training  that use the Piano
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2002, 04:43:11 AM
The Four Star series published by Frederick Harris are great tools.  There are sightreading exercises, and all sorts of other ear training exercises to do each week-plus there is a "test" and things to work with teacher each lesson.  The books are progressive and are meant to be used with the Royal Conservatory exams, in Canada-they start at introductory and go up to grade 10 I believe.  

I used them in my training and now use them with my students-they are very comprehensive and I foudn them very effective.  

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert