Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Fibich-Poem: well sort of...  (Read 5881 times)

Offline sklebil

• PS Silver Member
Fibich-Poem: well sort of...
on: July 31, 2005, 04:51:44 PM
Hi, I hope it is not illegal on this forum to post a rather apalling performance ;). I found this piece (Fibich's Poem) a few days ago in my "old material from my childhood" that I keep for occassional sight-reading sessions. I really like this piece, but I realized I've never actually heard it being performed, and couldn't find an
mp3 on the web. So I wonder - do I play it approximately the way that it is supposed to sound? Am I tooooo slow and funeral-like? OK I know about the obvious bugs which are partially due to the lack of my abilities (main reason in fact  :-[) and partially due to the fact that I didn't really *practice* this particular piece but rather just played it a few times, and also due to the fact that I was recording myself (everybody knows that, right) , but roughly this would be my idea how to perform this piece. Any suggestions or constructive criticism? Or can someone play this piece for me?  The reason I dare to post it here is that I don't have a teacher but would like to improve my performance. If you are easily shocked, don't listen to it :).
I never manage to eat a whole pizza. Sigh.

Offline grazioso

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fibich-Poem: well sort of...
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:35:42 PM
It seems a nice piece although i must admit i'm not overly familiar with it.

Given the short time-scale of learning it i think you play it well with some good phrasing and musical playing throughout.

Sometimes the odd note stuck out as being a bit loud in the melody but this is probably due to the recording or lack of familiarity with the piece. i think the tempo works well!

Become slighlty more familiar and it will be a lovely performance!!!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert