Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: streeto and streeti  (Read 1306 times)

Offline RealPianist

• PS Silver Member
streeto and streeti
on: August 08, 2005, 03:00:45 PM
I think the streeto and streeti is almost the same, or it maybe the use in a sentence is not the same, I'd like to know what is the different between streeto and streeti??

need advice in a hurry please! :)

Offline pseudopianist

• PS Silver Member
Re: streeto and streeti
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 03:43:37 PM
Plural?
Whisky and Messiaen

Offline quasimodo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 03:44:07 PM
I assume you mean "stretto", and then "stretti" would be the plural form of the first in italian (never encountered it on a score, could you tell us where ?)
" On ne joue pas du piano avec deux mains : on joue avec dix doigts. Chaque doigt doit être une voix qui chante"

Samson François

Offline prometheus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 04:32:24 PM
Isn't this a joke?
"As an artist you don't rake in a million marks without performing some sacrifice on the Altar of Art." -Franz Liszt

Offline Etude

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 03:25:02 AM
I assume you mean "stretto", and then "stretti" would be the plural form of the first in italian (never encountered it on a score, could you tell us where ?)

I know the dux quartus of the fourth fugue of oc has [le strette] indicated in text at the main stretto section near the end, which I take is the same as stretto or stretti. 

otherwise when written in a piece it basically means the same as accelerando.

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 03:30:27 AM
stretto means "straigth" ... so you must play straigth  :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert