Piano Forum

New Book: Women and the Piano by Susan Tomes
Susan Tomes' latest book is a captivating and thought-provoking exploration of women pianistsí history, praised for its engaging storytelling, thorough research, and insightful analysis. The book combines historical narrative with Tomes' personal insights as a performing female pianist. Read more >>

Topic: My College Piano Competition Repertoire!!  (Read 1404 times)

Offline pooguy77

• PS Silver Member
My College Piano Competition Repertoire!!
on: August 18, 2005, 10:30:27 PM
Ok, what do u guys think of my program! I hope that the judges will appreciate the Granados instead of the countless Chopin and Listz that is going to be playing. I know this isn't a super technical program, but i'm going for quality over badly attempted very difficult pieces. Also for the contemporary choice, what do u guys perfer. The prokofiev isn't well known but it's quite an intresting piece as is the Casella.

Beethoven - Tempest Sonata Ist Mvt. (Only need one movement)
Granados - Suite: Valses Poeticos, Arabesque from 12 Spanish Dances
Prokofiev - Etude Op. 2, No. 4   OR   Alfred Casella  - Ostinato in the name of B-A-C-H

Offline burstroman

• PS Silver Member
Re: My College Piano Competition Repertoire!!
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 01:33:45 AM
Sounds great!  I like your attitude of QUALITY over ... whatever!  You sound serious!  Good luck!

Offline shasta

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:34:23 AM
I hope that the judges will appreciate the Granados instead of the countless Chopin and Listz that is going to be playing.

*applauds*† † ;D† † HOORAY!† I agree!

(Also, ditch the Prok and do the Casella)
"self is self"   - i_m_robot

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 07:28:26 AM
Good pacing and contrast, with the Prokofiev anyway; I am not familiar with the Casella piece; pick the one you like! :)
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert