Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Fugue (own composition) - seeking for an interpreter, lol  (Read 2384 times)

Offline quasimodo

• PS Silver Member
Here is a fugue I composed some time ago. It's based on rhytmic and melodic patterns from my country (Madagascar). Possibly the formal structure is not quite orthodox but who cares...  8)

The funny thing is that I don't know whether it's playable on the piano  ;D.

If any candidate to try it, please let me know, I will send the sheetmusic, I'm really curious to hear it played by a human.
" On ne joue pas du piano avec deux mains : on joue avec dix doigts. Chaque doigt doit être une voix qui chante"

Samson François

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fugue (own composition) - seeking for an interpreter, lol
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:55:30 PM
I think that it sounds interesting, but maybe it would sound better at a faster tempo. I'd be willing to try it  :D.
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline luc

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fugue (own composition) - seeking for an interpreter, lol
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:09:57 PM
Cool! I like it very much.

And I think the tempo is right.
OSMOSE NOW

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert