Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: where do u start?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline dj

• PS Silver Member
where do u start?
on: July 30, 2003, 06:33:58 AM
hey im starting my senior year in high school this fall and im considering giving lessons 2 make some extra money....but the problem is, i would b teaching new pianists and i don't want 2 get anyone off on the wrong path so they r messed up later in their learning, so if any of u could give any suggestions as 2 what method 2 use or where 2 start, they would b greatly appreciated. thanx
rach on!

Offline allchopin

• PS Silver Member
Re: where do u start?
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 09:46:39 PM
Haha i am an exact replica of you  8) - i will (probably) teach piano lessons to beginners during school, and im kind of prepearing now.  I am going to use flashcards for note names, easy music books with excercises, and maybe even play mp3s of pro's for fun.  i dont think youre going to 'mess anyone up' really, unless you say "ok take off your shoes and socks, youre going to learn how to play the piano".  As long as you relay the basics to kids, thats whats necessary. Any cdomments anyone (with experience)?
A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert