Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Introduction  (Read 335979 times)

Offline Skeptopotamus

• PS Silver Member
Re: Introduction
Reply #300 on: August 05, 2005, 09:41:24 PM
wow....... teh Skeptopotamus still hasn't done one of these.......

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #301 on: August 10, 2005, 09:02:14 PM
skepto, are you really 17?  i thought you were 28 or is my mind playing tricks on me? 

btw, i have a new name.  it is pianistimo (formerly pianonut).  it is a more focused name.  therefore, i will attempt to live up to it.  speaking only of music, piano, and the like and trying to stay off of 'anything but piano' for at least one day.

Offline skeletonymusic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #302 on: August 11, 2005, 07:29:19 PM
ljkn

Offline raffyplayspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #303 on: August 17, 2005, 02:34:54 AM
Hello,
my name is Raffy (duh)  I am Puertorican (possibly the only one on this forum)  I began playing the piano at 7, mostly playing latin jazz.  I moved to the U.S and studied "classical" piano at a conservatory in Massachusetts, where i just graduated last may.  I am doing my post graduate studies in the Fall. 

I really like Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms.  I dislike mozart, but I havent really given him a chance i guess. 

anyway, i think thats it. 

Raffy
**Raffy plays the piano**

Offline princessdecadence

• PS Silver Member
Reply #304 on: August 24, 2005, 11:54:59 AM
The gold version of Twinkletoesfaery.

My name's Anastasia. 21/female. London.
~ ~

Offline dolcejen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #305 on: August 25, 2005, 04:49:08 AM
Hello all ~

My name is Jennifer (a good common name in my age group - I'm 24) and I'm desperately trying to make the name famous for something other than pop music or lame acting (think Jennifer Aniston or Jennifer Lopez)  :).

Piano is my first love in instruments. I started at 8, stopped at 9, started at 12 and haven't stopped since. I am mostly self taught (but must acknoledge the blessings of having a teacher for three years) and thus am rather unsure of my ability or talent. I love music, live music, see my life as a symphony directed by the Master Conductor. Some of you may know who He is. Music is one of the greatest blessings in life and I couldn't continue to live if I lost my hearing.

I live in sunny Southern California and am constantly lamenting the lack of piano teachers in my area who charge barely anything for high quality lessons (oh, you have the same problem in your area too?).

I recently retired from a nine year career as piano teacher...yes I was 15 when I started and yes, 24 is way too old to teach. For me anyway. I'd rather perform, write, and listen to music any day over teaching.

Very, very thankful for the massive amount of great discussion and teaching that goes on here and look forward to exploring more.

I play for church, choirs, and accompany, write, and perform occasionally for small crowds. I am not a professional. Simply an amateur that wants to learn more.

~Jennifer

Offline 4tissimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #306 on: August 29, 2005, 04:34:32 AM
Just found this site this week.  As a pro, I'm lo brass--tbn/baritone hrn--but while living in Japan had a baby grand piano that I loved to play.  I'm not a kybd major so my piano playing is only for my own enjoyment.  The last couple years in Japan, I played in a semi-pro recorder consort.  Great fun.  Here in Southern California, I play 2d tbn in the Inland Valley Symphony and 3d tbn in the Valley Winds.  My first love is sightreading serious music of almost any genre.  I'm not real interested in practicing, rehearsing, concertizing.  I just love to read. The IVS is doing the Prokofief "Piano Concerto No. 3" this season and we sightread it last Thurs.  The thing sounds like a train wreck but I really like it.  It's got a 15 vertical melodic interval at the end of the 1st movement for 2d tbn.  Dynamite!   
4tissimo

Offline limpegg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #307 on: August 31, 2005, 11:52:51 AM
Hello there!

My name is Marvin, and I'm from Germany, so my English is not that good, but I hope we can communicate whit each other.

I play piano for 11 years now and my age is 17. But until one and a half year ago, i didn't practise that much, so my repertoire is quite small and the pieces are not too difficult ;)

Also I enjoy every kind of music, I like listening to At The Drive-In and Coheed and Cambria and lots of other bands.

I hope we'll have a good time together here in the piano forum.

greets,
Marvin

Offline chopintod

• PS Silver Member
Reply #308 on: September 06, 2005, 02:53:05 AM
Uh...I've been here for a while, but I've never posted here, so....guess I should.

I'm 18 years old, male, based out of Columbus OH USA but living in Athens, courtesy of Ohio University.  Been playing the piano for 13+ years, all classical.  Favorite composer is Chopin.  Last piece I performed was his Fantasie-Impromptu (maybe not the most logical/artistic piece, but difficult to learn and fun to play).  As far as pop music (no way, he likes pop music!?!?!?!??  yep....sorry guys) goes, my fav band is Dave Matthews, but my fav genre is classic rock (yea, I know, not very similar there).

<thinking what else to say>

Oh yeah, I have a tendency to start arguments....hehe...John Carey, Alistair Etude + all the other OC lovers know what I mean.

So, (even though I've been having fun here for about half a year), I hope to have fun here.....?

Yay!

Terry

Offline phil13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #309 on: September 06, 2005, 03:52:27 PM
Well, I guess that leaves me then...

My name is Phil (if you don't know that you need to kick yourself in the head... I sign every post with it). I'm 16 years old, based out of Salem, Oregon- although that might change what with college coming up and all.

I started playing piano when I was a little under 12, now it's the only thing I want to do. So I've been playing for four years, under teaching for three years. My last solo recital was in May, where I played 'Moonlight' Sonata as the finale. Currently working on Liszt's Sonnetto del Petrarca, Bach's Italian Concerto and Beethoven's 'Pathetique' Sonata to give you an idea of where my level is.

I began composing about a year after I started playing, but it took another year to produce anything good. So far I have finished 2 sets of 5 preludes (one tonal, one modal) a polonaise, a piano sonata, and a sonata for piano and violin.

I've been at piano forum for a little over a month now, and I've had so much fun and insightful thinking since then. This site rules!

Phil

Offline lyzle

• PS Silver Member
Reply #310 on: September 09, 2005, 09:11:47 AM

Hi everyone,

My name's Liz, I'm 17, from Australia, and studying Law at university at the moment (though I'm seriously starting to rethink this one!)

I've played the piano for about 12 years now, but I've stopped taking lessons for about 3 years so I'm just trying to teach myself, play a couple of pieces here and there..etc
I also play flute, and as of two days ago, now have a flute student! ;D She's only 9 though so I'm a liiiittle worried about how I'm gonna magage this. Seems a little easier teaching someone older!  Anyway all that aside, I like Chopin, I like Beethoven..in fact I like most composers, but I CAN'T play Brahms-just horrible at it.

-Lyzle

Offline avetma

• PS Silver Member
Reply #311 on: September 10, 2005, 02:39:13 PM
Hi people,

My name is Ante and I am from Croatia. Curently, I am student in music school and I have been playing piano for 8 years.
I love Liszt, Rachmaninov, Beethoven and Chopin most. I like romantic and virtuoso music.
Right now, I am playing Rach's prelude op32 no12 in g# minor, Chopin's Polonaise op40 no1, Rachmaninov Piano Concerto2 (second stave) ...
My favourite piano solo piece is (you guess: ) Liszt - Liebestraum and I learned to play it few months ago. My teacher is very good :D

My favourite piano concerto is Rach's second and third. Beethoven's Emperior is nice too.

I hope that you now have some picture about me  :)

Cheers

Ante

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #312 on: September 13, 2005, 03:29:39 AM
Here goes myself. I am 19 years old. I have been playing piano for only 6 months. I play bass guitar in a band and I played vioin in the high school orchestra when I was in 3rd grade. I am currently enrolled in college to receive my associates in church music and my first recital is the 22nd. So, I am nervous and getting ready for it.

Boliver Allmon III

hey good luck with that!  :)

Offline oscarkimball18

• PS Silver Member
Reply #313 on: September 13, 2005, 03:40:22 PM

My name is Sven, I'm 18 male. I am from Germany, but have lived in Texas since I
was 4. I have been playing piano for just over a year now and loving every minute of it.
My other interests include tennis, (very good but sometimes struggle with my backhand)
ice hockey, reading, and basketball. I love this website because there is so much insightful information, espesicially from people that have been playing alot longer than me. I think I'm coming along rather quickly, I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Alfred's basic adult piano course. Anyway I finished that through a teacher. Ijust recently learned Monnlight sonata. I love Beethoven.
           Travis

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #314 on: September 15, 2005, 11:31:32 PM
are you sven or travis?

Offline oscarkimball18

• PS Silver Member
Reply #315 on: September 15, 2005, 11:54:35 PM

Travis is my middle name, I like to give people the option of calling me by either name. I go by both.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #316 on: September 16, 2005, 12:00:12 AM
yeah right.  (just teasing you)  i thought the name sven was norwegian.  is your middle name really travis?  please don't tell me things that are posthemous.   i tend to take everything literally.

Offline oscarkimball18

• PS Silver Member
Reply #317 on: September 16, 2005, 07:32:47 PM
dear pianistimo,

Sven is a Scandinavian name ( meaning youth), and my middle name really is Travis
(father wanted that to be my first name, dad from from Michigan, mom from germany(darmstadt area). Used to speak german and english fluently till the age of 5, simply forgot it. Grandparents are coming from germany in three weeks( haven't seen them in five years), so I'm brushing up on my German. I don't feel like it has left my tongue to much. I'm learning pretty quick, very excited. wish me luck :) :)

Offline stormcrow

• PS Silver Member
Reply #318 on: September 18, 2005, 03:42:35 PM
Hey all, I'm new, I play piano, nothing else to say.   
I play piano, therefore I......... play piano

SC  https://www.freeconservatives.com/vb/images/smilies/icon130.gif

Offline stormcrow

• PS Silver Member
Reply #319 on: September 19, 2005, 12:25:08 AM
Hmm...Slow forum.... ??? Maybe I should elaborate a little.

I’ve been playing for almost 5 years and I like Rachmaniov, Beethoven, Chopin, and Ravel.

And I want to get a Stuart and Sons piano

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #320 on: September 19, 2005, 01:14:49 AM
slow forum?

youre looking for speed?

try -

https://dasdc.net/forum.php

Offline stormcrow

• PS Silver Member
Reply #321 on: September 19, 2005, 01:17:41 AM
slow forum?

youre looking for speed?

try -

https://dasdc.net/forum.php

No. I thought there might be a reply sooner. I noticed that there is a lot of posting here.

Offline silverpeal

• PS Silver Member
Reply #322 on: September 21, 2005, 01:00:40 AM
Hello everyone.  Lot of diverse bios here. 

I just turned 30 this year.  I have loved to sing since I was a child and I was an English/ Vocal Performance major in college. Now I work in banking.   In regard to actually taking lessons I was a late starter in both voice and piano.  Piano at 16 and voice at 21.  I love opera.  I still just love to sing.  I walk around the house and sing Mozart and Donizetti.  Why?  It makes me happy.  (even if the neighbors aren't!)

"Es muss immer besser werden."
The work must keep getting better.

Waltraud Meier, mezzo-soprano

Offline dolcejen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #323 on: September 21, 2005, 03:36:59 AM
Welcome! Where are you from? And when is the cd coming out? ;)

Offline rachmaninova

• PS Silver Member
Reply #324 on: September 23, 2005, 10:45:18 AM
Hello, I'm Carla!

I'm 25 and just started to study for a piano diploma (here, in Portugal, is called Bacharelato and I don't know the equivalence for english).
It's a little bit late but at 18 I had to go to the university to study Economics because of my parents but that made me suffer a little bit with a nervous breakdown... From that time till my 24 years I stopped with the piano and I missed it badly! Now, returning to music changed my life and I'm felling better than ever!
Music can make miracles, but I'm sure you know that already!!!  ;)  Pitty it's a little bit late for being a soloist, but I'll feel very accomplished if I achieve to be a good teacher and make my pupils love music and piano as much as I do!

Kisses,
Carla

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #325 on: September 23, 2005, 11:07:02 PM
kisses?

i like you already  8)

Offline rachmaninova

• PS Silver Member
Reply #326 on: September 23, 2005, 11:20:30 PM
Only because of the kisses!  :-\
That's very bad since we're on a piano forum, not a dating one!  :P

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #327 on: September 24, 2005, 12:41:10 AM
hahaha no, its always nice to have new passionate pianists, especially females 8)

Offline bearzinthehood

• PS Silver Member
Reply #328 on: September 29, 2005, 07:12:49 AM
I'm a 23 year old graduate student in electrical engineering.   I've played piano since the age of 5, when I took lessons with the then popular (at least in my hometown) Suzuki method.  Because of this, I have a great memory for sound, although I got a late start on sight reading.  At age 9 I changed teachers and started learning from a more standard teacher.  Unfortunately, despite an apparent aptitude for learning music quickly, I was a very lazy student and I soon started practicing 1 or 2 days a week at best, or not at all at worst.  It's a wonder my parents kept paying for piano lessons.  At any rate, despite this fact I finished my diploma level during high school after which I basically bailed on piano.

I had taken a pedagogy class in high scool and during the first few years of undergrad (in electrical engineering) I took on a few students, probably around 11-12 or so at one time was my peak.  My most advanced students were around the Beethoven Op. 49/2 level, although I had a few beginning ones as well.  However, I soon had to give up teaching in order to make time for research and work in electrical engineering.

After a short stint at the guitar, I "rediscovered" the piano in graduate school.  Indeed, the piano seems to give me a sense of joy and exhileration now that, I either never experienced before or never allowed myself to acknowledge because piano just wasn't "cool".

I'm taking lessons again now and practicing daily.  Fortunately it seems as if I still have a good memory, although my technique is inefficient (but improving).  I'm not sure what I want to accomplish with piano at this point, although for now the joy of learning is reward enough.  As with any field, the more I learn the less I feel I know and the greater my desire is to learn more.

Anyways, if you're still reading I'm sure you're quite bored with my long winded introduction, so thanks for reading and I hope we can help and encourage each other to become better at the instrument we all (hopefully) love to play.

Best,
Ped

Offline dolcejen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #329 on: September 30, 2005, 02:15:17 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you...
(yeah, I know it's corny for a newbie to welcoming people, but hey..I'm not that new anymore)  :)

Offline lisztisforkids

• PS Silver Member
Reply #330 on: October 01, 2005, 10:54:44 PM
Hey,

Im 18, been playing since i was 13. Wine and Classical music junkie. Live in Arizona. Aspiring to be a musician. Love Brahms, Chopin. Got a high school G.E.D.last year ( :ogasp from readers) because high school was a waste of my time. Currently taking private lessons, looking at colleges, seeing what i like and dont like. yea.......
we make God in mans image

Offline pill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #331 on: October 07, 2005, 04:54:02 PM
An introduction thread!

Greetings, I'm Philip, 15 years old, living 30 minutes or so from L.A., California.  I'm currently a sophomore in an over-achieving high school with more than 2/3 of students graduating with 4.0+ GPAs getting close to perfect SAT scores, and going to the best colleges of the nation.  I've played the piano for 10 years.  I had an pretty good interest in piano before, but only just recently something sparked up an incredible ADDICTION to the piano and classical music.  I speak Mandarin, and English (obviously) and learning French because Ravel's just that cool. 

I've passed advanced level with honors for the Certificate of Merit (not much of an accomplishment for my school) and hope to succed in panel-advanced level this coming spring.

Offline prodigy1220

• PS Silver Member
Reply #332 on: October 07, 2005, 05:34:03 PM
since youve been playing for 3 years can tell me what exercises i should practice for moonlight sonata mvt 3

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #333 on: October 07, 2005, 07:53:09 PM
since youve been playing for 3 years can tell me what exercises i should practice for moonlight sonata mvt 3

Have a look here:

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,12985.0.html

Best wishes,
Bernhard.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline xenon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #334 on: October 12, 2005, 05:08:15 AM
Okay, I'll bite ;).

I'm 19, been playing since I was 4 or 5, and am currently in my last months of piano.  I will be taking my ARCT Performer's exam this January.  I still, however, have 1.5 theory classes to finish (out of 11).  For those who are not familiar with the "Canadian System", and ARCT is an Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Toronto.  Basically means that I've paid enough money for exams for them to consider me an associate :p.  Yay, not cool, but I'm doing it for a few reasons.  One, because I've sacrificed too much in the past to let it down.  Two, because I actually like music (*shock!*).  Three, because I get to use ARCT after my name (like a degree  ;D), and fourthly, it would look good trying to get into med school.  In the past I was really into music competitions and whatnot, all about slaying the competition and winning.  I was good at it, and I'd pretty much expect to win.  However, as I am older and (hopefully) wiser and more mature, I can truly see that the music is greater than the competition.  Competing has really ruined music for me.  Now, I enjoy music, and I find that it enjoys me a lot more too!  It's a real shame what music has become, especially with the politics behind it.  Therefore, I will not be continuing with piano.  However, after I have established myself in my intended field, I'd love to pick up the piano again.  One cannot serve two masters, and alas, I must let piano go.

Currently I am a biochemistry student at University.  I plan on attending Med school after this, and hopefully a residency in a surgical subspecialty.  Over the years I could definately see the connections between medicine and music.  I've heard about this when I was younger and would blow them off as some sort of excuse, but now, I see it (hopefully something along the lines of becoming wiser...).

Anyhow, my favourite composers are Bach, Debussy, and Chopin (obviously :p).  Some other favourites include The Hermit Thrush at Eve by Beach, and others I can't think of at the moment.  My exam repertoire is:
A: English Suite No 3 - JS Bach
B: Sonata Op 109 - Beethoven
C: Polonaise Op 44 - Chopin
D: Toccata - Poulenc
E: Ballade - Barber
F: Etude Op 10 No 12 - Chopin

After piano, I'd love to take some classes in organ.  I've always had a strong interest in the organ.  Neat instrument I'd say.  Other than that, I minor in Bass Trombone, having played that for 6 years.
You can't spell "Bach" without "ach"
-Xenon

Offline Torp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #335 on: October 12, 2005, 06:02:19 PM
Therefore, I will not be continuing with piano.  ....  One cannot serve two masters, and alas, I must let piano go.

Ah, but will it let go of you....
Don't let your music die inside you.

Offline xenon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #336 on: October 12, 2005, 08:38:31 PM
Ah, but will it let go of you....
Hopefully not ^_^.  I love piano, but at the moment I'm a little to preoccupied with "real life", if one could use that term.  Ah, if job security was never part of the question...
You can't spell "Bach" without "ach"
-Xenon

Offline Torp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #337 on: October 12, 2005, 09:10:01 PM
Hopefully not ^_^.  I love piano, but at the moment I'm a little to preoccupied with "real life", if one could use that term.  Ah, if job security was never part of the question...

Remember this post and compare it against your definition of "real life" in 20 years.  ;)
Don't let your music die inside you.

Offline xiaodandan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #338 on: October 13, 2005, 05:13:45 PM
Hello, everyone,

I'm new here. I played piano when I was young, then stopped. Now my daughter starts to learn the piano, and I want to pick up the technique while learning with her together.
 :)

Offline milly_mb

• PS Silver Member
Reply #339 on: October 18, 2005, 08:39:32 AM
Hello. I`m Bulgarian and I`m new here..I have been playing piano for 19 years. Music is my hobby...it`s my passion! I like Chopin, Rachmaninov, Liszt, Debussy, Vladigerov, Schumann..
Chopin, Vladigerov, Rachmaninov, Liszt, Debussy

Offline alessandro

• PS Silver Member
Reply #340 on: October 24, 2005, 02:30:01 PM
Dears,

I'm particularly fond of pianomusic.  I'm actually working temporarly, answering the telephone, basically making some money for living.  I move in November into a house where I will be able to play the piano more peasantly.  What I really would like to do is filling my days with growing and taking care of flower and plants, make some 'sculptures', cooking, taking care of my girflfriend and her two lovely daughters, preparing delicious food for them, walking, playing the piano etc.  I'm actually studying Bach's Partita n°2.

Kindly

Offline athykay

• PS Silver Member
Reply #341 on: November 12, 2005, 10:16:40 PM
Hello,
my name is Raffy (duh)  I am Puertorican (possibly the only one on this forum)  I began playing the piano at 7, mostly playing latin jazz.  I moved to the U.S and studied "classical" piano at a conservatory in Massachusetts, where i just graduated last may.  I am doing my post graduate studies in the Fall. 

I really like Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms.  I dislike mozart, but I havent really given him a chance i guess. 

anyway, i think thats it. 

Raffy

Hi Rarry,

Did you go to NEC?  And, do you know Elena Hamel from the Duo Hamel Sanchez (just renamed, Duo  Scarbo?)  She is also from PR and went to NEC.
Pianos?  I'm forum

If you crave yet more titillating conversation with piano lovers, visit:  https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve[/url]

Offline pabst

• PS Silver Member
Reply #342 on: November 16, 2005, 04:07:53 PM
I am the Thug of PF...respect me..and throw money

haha ure too late!
====
Pabst

Offline 4tissimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #343 on: December 29, 2005, 10:30:39 PM
I just read the whole 1st p. of these intro posts but can't remember if I already did this or not, so I'll try to make it brief.  I'm a 65-yr. old Librarian-Media Teacher @ Colton (CA) High but have been a practicing musicians most of my life.  Began on baritone horn when about a 7th grader; then added trombone as a high school jr. to play in a symphony.  I hold a BA/MM in music ed; an MA in library science & achieved Ph.D. candidacy @ Northwestern U in music ed.  I taught music for the U.S. Dept. of Defense Dependents Schools in Canada and Japan for 4 yrs. What that taught me was that life is too short to spend it trying to persuade kids that don't want to practice, to practice.  I lived in Japan for 34 yrs.  Worked @ the National Music Camp/Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan as a music librarian.  Have played in a couple symphony orchestras in Japan and several now in Southern California since returning in 2003.  Played pro in the Palos Verde Peninsula Symphony and recently in a pit orch doing Scrooge here in Temecula.  Last couple years in Japan after I retired, I played recorder in a wonderful consort of women, most of whom were not degree holding musicians but serious players.  It was great fun.  Now I play tbn in the Inland Valley Sym and the Valley Winds [both amateur].  Had what may have been the most important audition of my life for a local pro chamber orch forming locally but I played poorly.  In our new house in Japan, I bought what was reputed to be the world's smallest baby grand piano and love playing but there was a problem with the C, C#, D, D# below middle C that technicians couldn't fix, so I sold it before coming back to the States.  I'm without a piano now but am in love with my undergrad piano accompanist so that helps. 
4tissimo

Offline mycrabface

• PS Silver Member
Reply #344 on: December 30, 2005, 03:32:15 PM
Okie-doke... I'm a pianist and in band(clarinet).. I also have some music friends(2 of the my neighbours upsrairs) and we get together most saturdays or when i feel like visiting my neighbours......  ;D Our group consists of saxophonists, pianists, and we have other ppl who play other instruments like guitar, viola, trombone... sometimes its just me and the saxophones and we play jazz.. the latest is christmas and chinese new year music.. hehe..
La Campanella Freak

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #345 on: January 02, 2006, 03:32:41 AM
I'm just trying to have my name on all of the things
i'm not asian

Offline pianorama

• PS Silver Member
Reply #346 on: January 03, 2006, 12:57:35 AM
 Hello,

I play the piano, (SURPRISE!), and live in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Incase you don't know that's in the south-west corner of Canada. I started playing piano when I was 7, but I've only 11, so that means I've only been playing for four years. I just discovered this forum about 3 weeks ago. I can play grade 8 music. (Royal Conservatory of Music.) I got the music for Fantasie-Impromptu about a week ago, but I'm having difficulties with the timing. Oh well, maybe next year. If I ever learn it I will give you a recording in the audition room. No guarantee I will ever learn it, though.My real name is Lowell. (This is the 1st time I've given out any personal info on the web, but this seems like a place.)

Offline pianorama

• PS Silver Member
Reply #347 on: January 03, 2006, 12:58:48 AM

P.S. Did you think I was older?

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #348 on: January 03, 2006, 03:53:26 AM

I thought you were older. And your playing Fantasie Impromptu? ???

I just learned that song. I'm 15
i'm not asian

Offline pianorama

• PS Silver Member
Reply #349 on: January 03, 2006, 05:19:35 AM
No. It's impossible. >:( (at least for me right now)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert