Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Piano technician  (Read 1467 times)

Offline bearzinthehood

• PS Silver Member
Piano technician
on: October 05, 2005, 08:05:31 PM
Well this is kind of a long shot, but I was wondering if anybody knew any good piano technicians in the Sacramento (CA) area?

Offline bearzinthehood

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano technician
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:25:25 AM
Let me rephrase and expand the question a bit.  I'm looking for a piano technician to voice a Yamaha C2 that is incredibly bright.  Since it seems like nobody here lives in the Sacramento area, instead let me ask, how do you find a good piano technician?  There are a lot of them around for sure, but how can you tell if you've found a guy (or gal) who knows his (or her) stuff?

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 07:09:11 AM
Let me rephrase and expand the question a bit.  I'm looking for a piano technician to voice a Yamaha C2 that is incredibly bright.  Since it seems like nobody here lives in the Sacramento area, instead let me ask, how do you find a good piano technician?  There are a lot of them around for sure, but how can you tell if you've found a guy (or gal) who knows his (or her) stuff?

Get in touch with the best pianist with the best pianos, and hire their technician...
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller

Offline classicarts

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 09:37:20 PM
Call around your local piano dealers. :)

Offline bearzinthehood

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 03:30:22 AM
I think what I'll do is just go to the university and ask them who does their work.  If the person that does it isn't available then I think it's reasonable to assume that he knows someone who does good work.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert