Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What should i do with this concerto  (Read 2710 times)

Offline kghayesh

• PS Silver Member
What should i do with this concerto
on: February 06, 2006, 06:16:02 PM
I have been learning the Mozart concerto no.21 in C K.467, and i nearly finished the last movement ( until the cadenza ). But, i have just changed teachers about a couple of months ago.
My new teacher told me i should first work on the programme of a solo recital, then we can resume work in the concerto(s). I agree with her and i started to concentrate on other things.

I don't know what to do now to keep the 1st movement of the concerto polished. I didn't practice it for three weeks and then i played it and it was very bad. I re-learned it and now it's near ok.

Should i practice it everyday or like every week or what. Should i play it slowly so that i keep it fresh. Keeping in mind that i won't perform it in at least 6 months..

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Re: What should i do with this concerto
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 06:27:13 PM
Sounds very promising, i would work on the concerto every day a little bit. Late at night after you have worked on the pieces your teacher wants you to learn.
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert