Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 16 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by sixteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: First Recording for Piano Street... Moonlight 3rd  (Read 10216 times)

Offline fishy92

• PS Silver Member
First Recording for Piano Street... Moonlight 3rd
on: February 13, 2006, 09:01:30 PM
A recording i made on my Casio electric keyboard. Please leave some comments. I started practicing on the pian when i was 5, a recording a year ago when i was 13.

Offline allthumbs

Re: First Recording for Piano Street... Moonlight 3rd
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:47:17 PM
Well, it's too slow and obviously wasn't performed as recorded.
Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

Offline m4ul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:19:06 PM
Haha come on guy/girl.... some of us do have ears AND use them ;D

Offline JCarey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 02:04:18 AM
fishy92:

Your recording was very accurate overall. However, I think your musicality is - how should one put this... - nonexistent. Also, you played that one repeat incorrectly. You played the first ending and then immediately skipped to the 2nd ending. If you aren't going to do the repeat, you should probably just skip the first ending all together. Also, something odd happened at the last few measures. For some reason, your left hand was consistently a measure ahead of your right. Did you intend to do this?

- John

Offline airasia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 05:01:01 AM
^ the music is nonexistent because it's not a human playing it, it's a computer.  there's no way a human can sound this robotic playing anything, even if he/she were trying.

Offline lisztisforkids

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 06:41:03 AM
Airasia is right. This is no human that is playing...
we make God in mans image

Offline JCarey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 08:48:56 PM
Really?! I never would have guessed!

Offline airasia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 10:10:16 PM
Really?! I never would have guessed!

ok well your first post left no impression that you didn't think it was played by a human. 

Also, i made my post after hearing the first half minute or so.  By the end of the recording it was way too ridiculous and very very obviously not a human.  In the end, the kid just put in the left and right hand notes at the completely wrong times in whatever program it is.  If you know the piece well you can notice exactly how he messed up the end and its pretty funny.

Offline instromp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 01:38:40 AM
WHOA!!!! I definetely agree with araisia.There is no way in the world that a human can be playing like that.It sounds like there is no emotion in it all.No type of soul in it at all.That is defenitely a computer playing it.I think this was a joke.
the metranome is my enemy

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 02:57:08 PM
Fishy... I would just like to point out, that I am so sure that this is no performance of yours and am willing to bet all the money I have, that this is the midi file from Noteworthy Composer software, called moonlite.nwc.... It comes as a demonstration of the notational power

At the same time, the file is a midi file, which is a computer synthesizer generated sound (for those who don't know what a midi is)

Plus - listen from 4:35 onwards and you will hear a couple of shocking mistakes. Just listen to it and you will hear the obvious mistakes... Pretty hard to miss.

Fishy, You're a cheating lying sod and no one will ever take you seriously again. Stop being an immature sod who's only goal is to fabricate all kinds of crap. Take it somewhere else.

This is an insult to those who actually can play this, and gave months of practice doing so.

Offline instromp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 08:34:53 PM
Well Said Perfect Pitch >:( ;D
the metranome is my enemy

Offline airasia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 04:03:11 AM

Offline jamie_liszt

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 08:14:35 AM
I just listened to it and if that was you playing you are the next Horowtiz. I havn't read the other replies but i dont need to read them to find out that its a fake recording.

Offline anotherschmoe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 04:44:04 PM
This is not a person playing.. This is just a midi file which can be easily found on google, created on the computer using Noteworthy / Finale or some such other software.

Posting this and claiming it as your own just causes people to lose respect for you, I am a beginner and not  good at all yet, and have only had a few lessons so far but if I put up an audition at least it will be a real recording of me playing.  (That's the whole idea, right?  ;D

P.S. Hello Piano forums! Just registered, been lurking for a little while and figured I'd join in on the fun.  :)

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 06:39:32 PM
I just listened to it and if that was you playing you are the next Horowtiz.

:o
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline JCarey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 08:19:14 PM

No, Horowitz isn't that musical.

Offline jamie_liszt

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 08:45:08 PM
Well Horowitz was considered the king, and no one is better then a king ???

Anyway No one is that accurate/musical anyway lol!

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 09:20:04 PM
Do you take us for imbeciles? Even the sound is indicative of the fact that it's a midi file. When people accuse others of having created computerized files I'm generally skeptical., but this is an exception.  Incidentally, you appear to have programmed the last 15 seconds incorrectly. No human would be capable of making that kind of mistake without stopping and restarting.
Did you listen to the last part?
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 03:01:14 AM
Well, I opened it in Cakewalk to give my analysis. 

In MIDI the velocity controller is used to simulate dynamic contrast in degrees from 0 - 127.  In this case you chose all velocities to be at 127.  Play with this controller a bit to get more contrast out of dynamics.  Also when a human usues a MIDI keyboard to sequence, velocities are usually recorded and are apparent in the MIDI file. 

When we sequence we also must remember that the computer doesn't comprehend articulartion marks such as slurrs and staccatos.  So you have to modify note values to compensate for this.  Eg: 8th note staccato may be given a 16th note duration to simulate effect. 

Trills and other ornaments need to be realized in MIDI notes.

You can use the Tempo controller to simulate more human effects such as rubato, etc.

Controller 64 is sustain pedal, 66 is sostenuto, and 67 is una corda.  You can use these much more.  Becareful with sustain, remember to put both controller down and up messages.  If your soundcard has limited polyphony you may hear notes being dropped. 

Bar 30 and similar: the trill terminations could have been done more gracefully. 

Bar 65, be more careful when reading repeat signs.  If you intened to do no repeat, just skip 1st ending. 

Bar 187: Not accurately sequenced.  You made all the notes from the cadenza hold for the whole bar.  Also these notes do not need to be rushed.  Spread them out over several measures or if you want all of them in the same bar change the time signature to something like 32/4. 

Bar 190: Be careful when doing cut and paste work, or when inserting / deleting notes and rests.  If in doubt and you don't think you can fix it, erase the whole section and re-sequence. 

As for what others above have said.  I agree.  There is sufficient evidence here in the MIDI data that suggests the piece was not even entered with a MIDI keyboard but rather with computer keyboard and mouse. 

Please don't misrepresent recordings, what would one gain here by doing so.  When members have posted recordings which are not theirs, they simply indicate so in the post.  Would it not have been better to say: this is a piece I programmed into my computer.  Members here would probably have been more receptive if you were honest to begin with.

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline m4ul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 11:30:40 AM
Even if you would really be playing this it still sounds like sh*t. Yeah you're the next horrorwitch, indeed.

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 12:30:11 PM
And it isn't the first time it has been posted either.

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,13663.0.html
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

Offline jamie_liszt

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 01:11:24 PM
Maybe I misunderstood but did you just say quantum recorded a midi and claimed he played it, if you did you are very wrong, I dont think quantum would do that, plus you can tell its not a midi, some uneveness here and there (no offence, its a great recording, a little slower then usuall)

If you meant something else sorry.

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 01:22:21 PM
Maybe I misunderstood but did you just say quantum recorded a midi and claimed he played it, if you did you are very wrong, I dont think quantum would do that, plus you can tell its not a midi, some uneveness here and there (no offence, its a great recording, a little slower then usuall)

If you meant something else sorry.

No, I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Quantum's recordings were quite good. I was referring to the title of this thread- fishy claims to be the first to post the moonlight 3rd, and I was merely stating that, in addition to having posted a fake recording, he made an untrue claim.

Offline airasia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 07:43:29 PM
No, I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Quantum's recordings were quite good. I was referring to the title of this thread- fishy claims to be the first to post the moonlight 3rd, and I was merely stating that, in addition to having posted a fake recording, he made an untrue claim.

I think fishy meant that this is his first recording for the forum. 

By the way, why isn't he responding?  I think he's in hiding now after seeing that he's been caught trying to pass that for his actual playing.

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 09:29:41 PM
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline gonzalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 09:33:23 PM

By the way, why isn't he responding?  I think he's in hiding now after seeing that he's been caught trying to pass that for his actual playing.

Well ,it was pretty obvious that it is a MIDI and he's been completely stupid at trying to deceive us. He'd better not show his face again :P
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline gilad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 12:15:39 AM
this thread is hilarious:).
"My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions." --George W. Bush,

Offline lisztisforkids

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 06:36:31 PM

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!!....
we make God in mans image

Offline skeptolotapus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 10:47:43 AM
Ahhahahaha BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really funny for me cuz it's like something I woulda done til not too long ago! 

Hey dude it's OK that you can't really play very good-I can't either and I used to make it all up too, even had a fantasy world about it that I tried to bring onto this forum but that isn't reality man ya know?  It's hard tho I know when you see those other golden boys getting there diks sucked all the time and you want it too but in the long run it aint' worth it cuz of, well stuff like this as i'm sure you now know all too welll so I gotta laff man cuz this could be me and i'm working on it.

hey maybe this is my 3rd in-between good and bad self? hyuk hyuk hyuk  if so our therapist just got alot richer hyuk hyuk hyuk 
Yes I was a wannabe but now I'ma back from therapy and I'm for reals-no spellcheks, no copy $ paste to sound smart, and no telling my fantasies like they reals: I AM DA PIMP OF ALL SKEPTICS!!!

Offline gorbee natcase

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 01:07:15 PM
Taht is the funnyest thing I have ever heard. Just try to picture someone on stage actualy playing it with every note of equel loudness the fingers would look rediculous

Time of download 2 seconds just look at the size of the file.  ::)

Any how it has made my day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)      What ever Bernhard said

Offline letters

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 08:43:01 PM
hahahahahahaha
hahaha
hahaaaaa...
hah
hehe
heh. oh thats funny
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 09:19:01 PM

If you mofoz really wanted to make yourselves feel superior to fish92 why didn't you say "wow that was awesome fishy92, how long did it take you to learn/master this?" 
fishy92 would have responded with something like, "well you know i only practice 15 minutes a day or whatever" , and THEN you could have said"hahah just joking it's obviously fake. Tool"

Or maybe just no replies would have done the trick.

anyway random picture i drew:

"Amish Gangsters"

"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline gorbee natcase

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 10:48:35 PM
I like your gangsters/ He would say the music is all in my head, I wished the notes out and heard music and it sounded like Beethoven. all even & all perfect and with no feeling at all because tht is what I wanted to acheive :) :) :) :) :) :) what a mirracle I achieved
(\_/)
(O.o)

Offline emmdoubleew

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 05:38:14 AM
Or maybe the joke's on you guys and he was just yankin your chains.  ;D

(joke, don't kill me)

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 06:34:11 AM
Or maybe the joke's on you guys and he was just yankin your chains.  ;D

(joke, don't kill me)

Yeah, well if that was meant as a joke... It was incredibly lame and an insult to us, as he probably expected us to be that dumb to believe it....

What low life would post something as dumb and pathetic like this....

Have you heard the whole recording Emmdoubleew??? Have you listened to the whole thing??? If not... don't reply until you have.

Offline alwaystheangel

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 05:02:14 AM
I couldn't even listen to the entire thing.  That was horriffic.  I don't care if that was computer generated, human generated or flipping alien generated.  IT WAS AWFUL!  There's nothing more to say I think on the topic.  Oh yeah, fish you're a coward not to answer this post after you put this insulting piece of garbage up.
"True friends stab you in the front."      -Oscar Wilde

Offline max_malinou

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 05:51:35 PM
Come on guys ! It's a midi file, how could someone possibly think it's an own recording ?  :o
"It's your time to fall, it's our time to shine" ADF

Offline gorbee natcase

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 11:28:41 PM
Come on guys ! It's a midi file, how could someone possibly think it's an own recording ? :o
     By delluding your'self by thinking that ROBOTS  are the best interpreters of music perhaps and that the world is square and if you are a vulcan off star trek. :) :)

They would find it fascinating and logical ;

However the performance is techncaly sound (to start with) and to be honnest if it was played on the plannet Vulcan; it would be the most logical piece in star trek history.... :)
(\_/)
(O.o)

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 11:44:54 PM
You can get some keyboards and software that don't do too badly in recordings... You play your song on the keyboard and the software can accurately record the song including dynamics...

Some midis aren't too bad... Look at some of the PIano solo recordings at the Classical Midi Archive... You have people playing them on top notch keyboard and they don't sound too bad.... for a 50Kb file.

Offline ilikepie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 12:24:35 AM
well wadda know... he/she's online right now.... ::)
That's the price you pay for being moderate in everything.  See, if I were you, my name would be Ilovepie.  But that's just me.

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006, 11:23:09 PM
Excuse me??? What the heck are talking about...

I have been checking constantly and fish has never come back... He wrote 4 posts and left after we abused the crap out of him for this post.

He's gone and he's never coming back... I hope.

Offline emmdoubleew

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: March 04, 2006, 11:42:23 PM
Yeah, well if that was meant as a joke... It was incredibly lame and an insult to us, as he probably expected us to be that dumb to believe it....

What low life would post something as dumb and pathetic like this....

Have you heard the whole recording Emmdoubleew??? Have you listened to the whole thing??? If not... don't reply until you have.

You didn't understand what I meant.

He wanted this reaction to happen and you're just throwing yourself in the wolf's jaws. And you're doing it again, and again, and again....

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: March 04, 2006, 11:46:55 PM
Well it was insulting as he probably thought we would believe it...

Anyway, he's gone. So I shouldn't have to say anything more about the subject....

Is that alright with you pie, your majesty?????

Offline emmdoubleew

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: March 05, 2006, 02:54:01 AM
Well it was insulting as he probably thought we would believe it...

*slaps self on the forehead*

You know what... nevermind.

Offline pianote

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006, 08:02:36 AM
for starters...you could've at least inputed the right notes into your program.

Offline rachmanny

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006, 02:37:31 PM
First of all all the imperfections in the midi could have been done with a music notation program intentionally, and premeditated so we could think it was a recording. All he did was modify a MIdi.

lol
rachmanny

Offline luc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 05:00:55 PM
I don't think it was a joke. I can understand him.
OSMOSE NOW

Offline pianote

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:55 AM
i guess that makes two of you  ;)

Offline henrah

• PS Silver Member
Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 12:51:30 PM
Hehehe this is plain crazy....

I guess you could say we fell for it hook, line and sinker! ::) Aaahhh, I'm such a joker...
Currently learning:<br />Liszt- Consolation No.3<br />J.W.Hässler- Sonata No.6 in C, 2nd mvt<br />Glière- No.10 from 12 Esquisses, Op.47<br />Saint-Saens- VII Aquarium<br />Mozart- Fantasie KV397<br /

Offline juanduran

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:55 PM
JAJAJAJAJAJA This is a recording of NOTE WORTHY COMPOSER  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert