Piano Forum

State Of the Art Innovations - The 102 keys Stephen Paulello Grand Piano
For more than 30 years, Stephen Paulello has systematically studied all the components of the piano, including the instruments of previous eras. His unique grand pianos are constructed to order in his workshop-laboratory 100 kms south of Paris, where there is also a recording studio. Piano Street's Patrick Jovell has interviewed Stephen Paulello about his visions and achievements. Read more >>

Topic: The art of Maria Yudina  (Read 1855 times)

Offline david

• PS Silver Member
The art of Maria Yudina
on: October 26, 2003, 08:35:33 PM
Hello everybody;

Who knows Maria Yudina?
I have heard some recordings of Mozart Concerto n.20, Haydn sonate n.52 and some Mozart's fantasies. Her sound is really beauty, and her interpretation is amazing.
I do like her really much. I think there aren't pianists like her nowadays. :o
Does anyone know something more about her?

David.

Offline thracozaag

• PS Silver Member
Re: The art of Maria Yudina
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 08:00:06 PM
Hello everybody;

Who knows Maria Yudina?
I have heard some recordings of Mozart Concerto n.20, Haydn sonate n.52 and some Mozart's fantasies. Her sound is really beauty, and her interpretation is amazing.
I do like her really much. I think there aren't pianists like her nowadays. :o
Does anyone know something more about her?

David.

Apparently she was Stalin's favorite pianist (perhaps a dubious distinction), and played all the WTC preludes and fugues of Bach.
"We have to reach a certain level before we realize how small we are."--Georges Cziffra
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert