Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin - Nocturne in C# Minor  (Read 3235 times)

Offline justliam

Chopin - Nocturne in C# Minor
on: April 13, 2006, 07:55:23 PM
I posted this in Repetoire as well by accident, so sorry for the double post ------------------------------Any thoughts welcome, although this is a fairly early recording when I was learning, so it's smoothed out etc, but comments on the shape and tone in general appreciated.  Bear in mind though, it was played on a turd casio keyboard :(
\\\\\\\"That\\\\\\\'s not a gadget Michael, that\\\\\\\'s just monstrous use of a Biro.\\\\\\\"

Offline gorbee natcase

• PS Silver Member
Re: Nocturne in C# Minor
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:46:46 PM
Well done I assume it perfect now :) But the version you uploaded a few thoughts.

Opening chords are a little too much staccato, it has 2 repetitions each individual.(use a little pedal to connect them ;) aim for legato/detached so (inbetween)

Try and round the trills a little more (By blending them in ) so when practicing focus on these bars single them out and perfect them. It wont take long the best way is to always look for the closest intersection to cut in to and work the difficulties, after a few runs it gets easy. just a little faster.

You have this sorted and I susspect you know what needs to be done any way so its proberbly fluid now any way lol. dynamics right timing almost right (but can see the way they will be.

When you play something slower; incorporating the rhythm, Its easy to see that how you intend the piece.

looking forward to the finnished article :) :) :) :)

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)      What ever Bernhard said

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert