Piano Forum logo
June 19, 2018, 04:25:29 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Kissin Giving Liszt to the World

Kissin’s on-going world tour is devoted entirely to works by Franz Liszt, to mark the 200th anniversary and which means appearances at the most distinguished venues around the world, including La Scala, Concertgebouw, Barbican and Carnegie Hall. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin - Nocturne in C# Minor  (Read 2327 times)
justliam
PS Silver Member

« on: April 13, 2006, 07:55:23 PM »

I posted this in Repetoire as well by accident, so sorry for the double post ------------------------------Any thoughts welcome, although this is a fairly early recording when I was learning, so it's smoothed out etc, but comments on the shape and tone in general appreciated.  Bear in mind though, it was played on a turd casio keyboard Sad

* Nocturne in C# - Me.mp3 (1152.19 KB - downloaded 152 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

\\\\\\\"That\\\\\\\'s not a gadget Michael, that\\\\\\\'s just monstrous use of a Biro.\\\\\\\"

piano sheet music of Nocturne
gorbee natcase
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:46:46 PM »

Well done I assume it perfect now Smiley But the version you uploaded a few thoughts.

Opening chords are a little too much staccato, it has 2 repetitions each individual.(use a little pedal to connect them Wink aim for legato/detached so (inbetween)

Try and round the trills a little more (By blending them in ) so when practicing focus on these bars single them out and perfect them. It wont take long the best way is to always look for the closest intersection to cut in to and work the difficulties, after a few runs it gets easy. just a little faster.

You have this sorted and I susspect you know what needs to be done any way so its proberbly fluid now any way lol. dynamics right timing almost right (but can see the way they will be.

When you play something slower; incorporating the rhythm, Its easy to see that how you intend the piece.

looking forward to the finnished article Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)      What ever Bernhard said
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: